It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Report: Israel Must Withdraw All Settlers o Face The ICC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
news.antiwar.com...

This is finally "it". About 40 years late but better late then never. The UNHRC has detemined Israel is in violation of International Law by allowing and assisting settlers in the settlement of the West Bank. Israel has been ordered to begin the process of removing all settlers from Palestinian land.and cease building new settlements. Read the link for all the legal authority. This is going to get very interesting as sanctions against Israel are likely if they refuse as we all know they will. Israel has now lost their chance for a negotiated peace with the new Palestinian State. Palestine no longer is forced to negotiate as they can just wait the Israelis out. Since Israel will most certainly refuse and label the report pure anti semitisn, we can expect the US to come to Israels defense with some sort of comprimise plan. Seems to me that the die is cast and Israel will either comply or be labeled a "rogue state" If anyone has the time or inclination to research the crimes Israel has perpetrated against the Palestinians they will wonder how the world could let this go on for so long without meaningful objection.

I applaud the UNHRC report.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

It is about time.
When Saddam moved into Kuwait, it was weeks before he was Removed.
The Palestine People dont have the Luxury of Time.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It's about time.

My mothers side of the family is Jewish (I'm athiest), and I usually get pretty defensive when I see needless bashing of the Jews, but the Israeli government deserves this.

From forced birth control to illegal bombings of civilians and stealing land, the Israeli gavernment is evil for more than one reason...

Here's my question:

How do you threaten a crazy religion-driven government that owns nukes? You don't want to back them into a corner, they are itching to push the button and start WW3...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This will go in Israels favor I think. Must be stressful keeping people in a apartied area.
They need to apologise 2 . Islam is having increasing control. Evidently terrorism works. sadly
edit on 31-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Israel and Arab Nations either learn to live in peace with their neighbours or they will start a third world war that will effect us all...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Evidently terrorism works. sadly
edit on 31-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

you are referring to the tactics used by the isrealiis .... right?

i usually dont step into conversations such as this but i need clarafication on your comments.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by owtFsink

Im saying terrorism both sides works, I was being sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I'll believe it when I see it.
These terrorists won't give up without a fight, best to send UN troops in now and ....start peacekeeping.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I applaud the ICC. Finally it had the guts, if the report is true.

So when will see Hamas face trial for its slaughter of innocent Israelis when Israeli settlers were forcibly removed from Gaza and freely handed over to the palestinians?

When will we see China CCP govt being brought to ICC for its ill treatment of dissidents, slaughter of its own citizens during the TianAnMen Massacre, imposition of slavery upon its masses with low salaries but high inflation as well a lack of medicare, etc?

When will we see Russia's Putin for its torture and inhumanity to its dissidents who peacefully objected to his tyranny?

When will we see Syrian Human Slayer Assad brought to face trial for the mass slayings of his own citizens?

When will we see Persia's apostate infidel leader answer for his crime to humanity by his funding of terrorism, as he had PUBLICALLY admitted to creating terrorists to infiltrate societies around the world and caught by the authorities there?

When will we see Hugo Chaves be tried for his mismanagement of petrol funds, resulting in the dire econmic consequences venuzelans are suffuring today with the need to BORROW funds from other nations for his spending insanities?

When will we see the Taliban hauled to court for its suicide bombings of civilians?

When will we see Mexican and Columbian drug lords face justice for their mass murders?

The list goes on and on. I await the corrupted UNHCR's reply. If they fail to reply, may they rest assure, the insignificant nobody me will do everything within legal means to make sure they live up to their principles as defined in its inception, here and everywhere, or they, everyone of them in the council, face ICC for their failures and active crimes against humanity.

Enough is enough with the BS and ineptitude from UNHCR.
edit on 31-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by twitchy
It's ture, the settlers were paid up to $400,000 per family depending on their location and how long they had lived in Gaza, the 2.2 billion check has already been cashed. If you do the math, they are giving the Hurricane refugees 2000 bucks, seems a bit slanted to me.

Here's another little number to rattle around in your brain for a moment as we watch people being forced to leave their homes often at gunpoint and through checkpoints with drug sniffing dogs.
How much money is the Federal Government going to give the Evacuees? Do you think we could spare maybe two or three hundred thousand bucks for EACH FAMILY?

Why do I ask?

This is why...

bellaciao.org...
The government is compensating settlers through a complex formula that takes into account such issues as home size, number of family members and amount of time residing in the settlement. Compensation usually amounts to $200,000-$300,000 per family.
"Settlers, who were encouraged by the Israeli government to move to settlements, are entitled to compensation," says Sarit Michaeli, spokesman for B’Tselem, the independent Israeli information centre for human rights in the occupied territories.

Israel has negotiated a $2.2 billion dollar gift from the Bush administration to pay the Israeli settlers.

Why... We Are! 500 million bucks is going to help foot the bill for the Israeli withdrawal from lands they shouldn't have been on in the first place. Why we are paying them to pull out of these areas is a question I think you should ask your local congressman or senator.

www.israelnn.com...
Israel Asks U.S. For Disengagement Money
06:22 Mar 25, '05 / 14 Adar 5765

(IsraelNN.com) Israel is preparing an appeal to the United States for more than $500 million to cover ballooning costs for disengagement. The money would not be used for compensating residents forced to leave their homes, officials said.

Failure to secure American aid would force a large cut in the 2006 budget, according to the Finance Ministry. Government officials revealed yesterday that the total cost of dismantling 25 Jewish communities and withdrawing soldiers has risen 40 per cent over the original estimate. The new figure is seven billion shekels ($1.6 billion).

This is just a glimpse into some of the funding we handed over to these zealots to get them to stop trampling Pallestinians. They took our money, and fired the bulldozers right back up. I'd be willing to bet, UN or not, we're not gonna get our money back and the Pallestinians sure as hell aren't going to get their land back.
edit on 31-1-2013 by twitchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Israel has ignored the rulings of both the ICC and UNHRC before, what makes you think this time will be any different?

The only instance I believe Israel would bend to the courts ruling is if they needed the international communities assistance and right now might be that time with the degeneration of situation in the Middle east with Syria, Iran, Israel, Labanon etc etc

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
for me the only way israel with capitulate is when America tells them to.....other than that it's status quo...nothing will change until Israel gets the message..."they are on their own"...

edit on 31-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Sorry about the microscopic font in my previous post, but the links will lead to past threads here where I've pointed out billions in US dollars paid for the specfiic purpose of withdrawing from Gaza and the West Bank. They took our money, and didn't pull out, in fact settlements increased, walls were built, voting in Jerusalem was halted, aid flotillas were raided and a humanitarian crisis developed and continues...
I'd like to see the families in Israel who received the hundreds of thousands of our tax dollars a piece to move give that money back to the American People. We didn't give it to them to buy concrete and bulldozers.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
But israel isnt on its own. America has always made decisions along side and persists to. With so much funding come from the states, id say they are very much togeather.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nothing will happen...absolutely nothing.

Unless these settlers are removed by force and gunpoint....good luck on ANYTHING happening.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
One day the Israelis and the Arabs might learn to love God more than they hate each other. Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In the end times, the world will come against Israel..

Never did I think I'd be alive to see it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Two threads eh ....... no problem it's worth ten threads.

See other one for my comment
edit on 31-1-2013 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Sorry everyone. When I posted this thread my three year old son banged a few times on the enter key and multiple threads was the unhappy result. I have asked the mods to combine them and it seems they are working on it as there were four and now there are two.

What makes the UNHRC report meaningful is Palestines new status of "statehood" This allows them, after the process of ratification, to sue Israel at the International Criminal Court (ICC) Israel would most certainly be indicted and convicted. Some past and present Israeli leaders would likely be indicted and tried individually for their specific crimes. THAT is what makes this meaningful this time.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
It's about time.

My mothers side of the family is Jewish (I'm athiest), and I usually get pretty defensive when I see needless bashing of the Jews, but the Israeli government deserves this.

From forced birth control to illegal bombings of civilians and stealing land, the Israeli gavernment is evil for more than one reason...

Here's my question:

How do you threaten a crazy religion-driven government that owns nukes? You don't want to back them into a corner, they are itching to push the button and start WW3...

..."How do you threaten a crazy religion-driven government that owns nukes?"

The obvious answer is that they are NOT a 'religion-driven government'.
Those that are religious in Israel do not agree with their government's stances and declare them fake!

This is a rogue government that has defied every reasonable world ethic that has ever been established.

Hey, World...Don't you get it yet?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join