It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"beautiful" LCA

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Both are nothing but modified copies of the F-16s....

seekerof

i agree

infact china initially tried to make the J-10 by reverse engineering a pakistani F-16.

but they were unsucessful in this venture. later they collaborated with israel a bit, and stole the Lavi designs, tech and evolved it into their own aircraft.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Stealth is an important feature of the LCA. Although it does not have any stealth charactristics like in F-117 or F-22, but considering its small size, simple delta wing config, a GE-404 engine(atleast for now) - which is also used in the F-117 - it should be stealthier that atleast a MiG-21 or MiG-23/27. It will get DRDO developed Radar-absorbent paint. Composites are inherently stealthier than metal.

The RCS of the tejas will be 1/3rd that of the mirage 2000, according to a DRDO press release.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Israel sold china everything regarding the Lavi project after it was cancelled , and after the usa paid off the contactors for the project.

so its not just a `copy` it really is a lavi , ableit with a russian engine and russian avionics.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
that J-10 looks kinda like a Mix between the F-16
and also the Saab Viggen

the Saab Viggen is a cool jet; Swedish i believe

the wings are nearly identical

when i was a kid i used to think the Saab Viggen was one of the coolest non-american jets around

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
The J-10 is a copy of the Israeli Lavi :

some lavi pics :

and the J-10 :

external image

its engine is ripped off from the Su-27 too.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Stealth Spy]

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Seekerof]

r u blind cant you see that the j-10 is Stretched the carards are infont of the wind and also the canopy is shorter air intake and not to mention everything inside. the nose is a lot larger and the tail wing is alot bigger. also the j-10 is going to use an chinese engine after the 50 are built. the wing size of j-10 is smaller

they had to redesign the whole aircraft

also if you want to compared the look of aircraft look at LCA and mirage 2000

strikingly similar

[edit on 16-4-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Errr.....give me an example of India designing its own 3rd/4th generation plane. Don't mention the LCA as it is a Mirage copy
(ok,it had help from the americans)

See, you only buy stuff from other countries,try designing one for yourself.

We get people who know nothing about modern fighters and think the LCA is a copy of the Mirage and people who think the J-10 is a copy of the Lavi or F-16 or EF-2000 or Rafale or whatever, just because they all have the same basic outer shape. If you actually spend some time looking at the features of each of those planes, and actually find out a little about their internal components, you'll know they're all very different planes. The J-10 design was certainly influeced by the Lavi or F-16, but they are by no means copies. When I said the LCA was a copy of a Mirage I was being sarcastic,can't believe people took it for real.

[edit on 16/4/05 by W4rl0rD]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Originally posted by Seekerof
Both are nothing but modified copies of the F-16s....

seekerof

i agree

infact china initially tried to make the J-10 by reverse engineering a pakistani F-16.

but they were unsucessful in this venture. later they collaborated with israel a bit, and stole the Lavi designs, tech and evolved it into their own aircraft.

stole???? we BROUGHT the unfinished design of the lavi so we could incorperate the tech into our own plane. we already had an carnard aircraft it was called the j-9. also indias first indigenous fighter was a flop only a few were built

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What's there to know? Most of its avionics are Israeli, Russian, and its got a body frame based on the Lavi, if you could prove to me otherwise then by any means go

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If it flies, its good enough. Can it shoot? If it can, its even better. You already have bragging rights over the F-22, so stop whining about how China copied something, it does not matter much to you anyway.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
omg china hasn't even decided on what radar and # there using. all the articles are speculating on a russian or israelie or an chinese one. find and article stating china is goin to use a russian or israelie or an chinese rader.

come on prove me wrong

this is from sinodefene.com

The J-10 is reported to be fitted with an indigenous KLJ-3 pulse-Doppler fire-control radar developed by Nanjing Research Institute of Electronic Technology (also known as 14th Institute). The KLJ-3 radar, which might be based on early variant AN/APG-66/68 technology, is said to have a maximum detecting range of 100~130km (attacking range 80~90km), and is capable of engaging two targets simultaneously. The radar system was tested on a Y-7 aerial radar testbed before being fitted on the J-10.

Russian company Phazotron is prompting its Zhuk-10PD, a version of the system in later Su-27s, with 160km search range and ability to track up to six targets. Israel has also offered its Elta EL/M-2035 radar for competition.

For low-level navigation and precision strike, a forward-looking infrared and laser designation pod is likely to be carried F-16-style on an inlet stores station. A Chinese designed pod similar to the Israeli Rafael Litening was revealed at the 1998 Zhuhai air show.

www.centurychina.com...

if anyone can read chinese this is offical stats of j-10

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Rough translation:

Length : 14.57m

Wingspan : 8.78m

Top speed : Mach 2.0

Range : 1100 km.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Chinese claim that the J-10's capabilities far surpasses the SU-27 and is at a same level as the latest F-15, Jas-39, Mirage 2000, and Mig-29.

Cockpit include 3 large MFDs designed in a westernized style.

The plane's max lift off weight is 18 tons, can carry 7 tons of weapons which include the latest Chinese made short and mid reange SAMS as well as the Russian made R-73, and R-27. The J-10 can also carry the YJ Series (C-801/802/803) anti-ship cruise missiles.

J-10's radar can track 24 targets at a time and engage 4 of them. It has an 140 KM range forward, and 65 KM rare detection range.

Combat radius 1100KM. Max speed Mach 2.0

J-10 is CAPABLE OF SUPERCRUISE!!!!
The plane also has stealth features.

www.centurychina.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Ok you can forget the J-10 trying to fight with a F-15, and super-cruise ? Don't think so, and what stealth features are you talking about. The J-10 is in the F-16's class not the F-15's.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
this thing was on the Zhuhai Airshow. if someone was going to sell a plane they wouldn't lie about the specs.

also everyone seems to be underestimating the development of chinas Economy since 1979. wat do u picture china as a bunch of farmers trying to grow rice or sweat shop workers?

look at pictures of chinas cities

www.china-defense.com...

[edit on 17-4-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
this thing was on the Zhuhai Airshow. if someone was going to sell a plane they wouldn't lie about the specs.

also everyone seems to be underestimating the development of chinas Economy since 1979. wat do u picture china as a bunch of farmers trying to grow rice or sweat shop workers?

look at pictures of chinas cities

www.china-defense.com...

erm they would `up ` the specs of the aircraft in order to try and sell it - and its a dogfighter not an interceptor.... but , it IS a case of wait and see if its as good as its specs claim ; the f15/f16 are all proven combat aircraft now.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
they wouldn't 'up' their specs to sell them. no one else would buy it then. they dont want to make a quick sale. also its not a dogfighter is a high-performance multirole fighter.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
Errr.....give me an example of India designing its own 3rd/4th generation plane. Don't mention the LCA as it is a Mirage copy
(ok,it had help from the americans)

[edit on 16/4/05 by W4rl0rD]

i ment that its no ta copy of the mirage. it looks like it. like the j-10 resembles the f-16

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
take a look at a real LCA pic and a mirage. the onlything they share in common is both are single fin delta winged aircrafts.

look at the position of the air intakes, shape of fin, radome shape, etc...

every single engined delta winged aircraft looks a bit like the Lavi.

turn a few pages back and take a look at some real LCA pics from various angles, not some 1989 artists impression.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
chinawhite no one is talking about Chinese cites we are talking about military aviation. Also you still haven't provided me with a credible source that says the J-10 has supercruise, like I said the J-10 is in the same class as the F-16.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join