It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real-Life 'Jaws' Casually Enjoying an Off-Season Hamptons Vacation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Real-Life 'Jaws' Casually Enjoying an Off-Season Hamptons Vacation

www.theatlanticwire.com

Don't go in the water, (rich) kids. There is a great white shark hanging out off the coast of the Hamptons!

The folks at Curbed first tipped us off to Patch's report of a potential 1970s Spielberg movie waiting to happen: A great white shark named Mary Lee, currently being tracked by OCEARCH, was swimming about 45 miles off the coast of Montauk Point on Wednesday afternoon. Coming in at nearly 3,500 pounds, Mary Lee is a hefty piece of sea nightmare.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
easthampton.patch.com
www.examiner.com

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I came across this story and wanted to share it.
Obviously, this is extremely rare and due, possibly to changing temperature and currents in the Atlantic. Fortunately, unlike the movie, no tourists have been gobbled up.

I did a search on ATS and didn't see this, but forgive me if I've missed it.

www.theatlanticwire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think it was just a slow news day for them.

www.theatlanticwire.com...
. On top of all that, the Coast Guard says Mary Lee is swimming away from the shore as we speak. So there really isn't any terrorizing happening, and scientists seem to have had this thing under control from the start.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

if they know somehow shes that large........how long is it and why didnt they report that? seems weird

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

According to a Jan. 30 report from Southampton Patch, the agency first tagged the 16-foot, 3,456-pound behemoth (shown here) back in September of last year near Cape Cod.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

edit on 31-1-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I wouldn't say it's rare at all. The Hamptons isn't all that far away from Montauk Point, the beach town the movie Jaws is based off of. In fact, the captain is based off of a real life Montauk Point sea captain who made big bucks after the movie came out thanks to his new business venture, shark hunting, which led to the deaths of many many many sharks. In his old retired age he regrets hunting them for money.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join