It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Ad - Samuru.com

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Does anybody agree with me that the splash page ad is pretty pointless? Going off that ad alone I have absolutly no idea what product is going to be sold if I visited the website address advertised. My best guess is that people will not go out of their way to find out what an Ad is trying to sell. A bit confused, is this another TLDR or is it an outside company this time? Either way there marketing technique sucks.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
idk why people think they can go against google in the search department.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
But I love that animal on the logo of samuru.

It looks like a ninja.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
First it was a cartoon sloth, now it's a cartoon otter samurai...

What exactly is the age group being targeted?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

More to the point, what is it they are actually selling?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by DaTroof

it's a search engine

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

Its a Samurai.
!

___

Main reason these search engines are popping up because people like privacy and goggle is getting heat for tracking you.

Speaking of tracking, why do you think Samuru company is advertising on a website like ATS?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by DaTroof

Beanie babies, obviously.

Or maybe one of them Poke-mans.

link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Whoever stumped up the investment for that has got some balls. I hate google as a corporation, but the service they offer in my opinion has very little scope for improvement on what they have. Plus google is a worldwide household name. Just ask Lycos, Alta Vista, Ask.com, Yahoo and AOL, all search engines that have fallen by the way side. Somebody is likely to lose their investment in this project - especially as they clearly have no idea of how to market a product. Rule number 1 - make sure people know what you are selling.

link   
It's an evolution thing.
If Samuru is good enough that people would want to use it.
Then by all means good for them.

I will use Google until something better comes along.

I do like the mascot though.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

It isn't selling anything. It is a new search engine not based on SEO for advertising. So Far I have seen cleaner results on the first page rather than the junk that google puts on the first page. Try it out www.samuru.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by biggmoneyme

Whoever stumped up the investment for that has got some balls. I hate google as a corporation, but the service they offer in my opinion has very little scope for improvement on what they have. Plus google is a worldwide household name. Just ask Lycos, Alta Vista, Ask.com, Yahoo and AOL, all search engines that have fallen by the way side. Somebody is likely to lose their investment in this project - especially as they clearly have no idea of how to market a product. Rule number 1 - make sure people know what you are selling.

Wanna know a secret? I've never been to bing.com.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think that its another of Skeptic Overlords sites.He commented about it on a thread last night.Think that its still in the firehouse,sorry cant link on my phone.
What i do remember is that it cant even find itself in its search.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Personally I think the thing is horrible, the colors make me want to puke. but really, I could care less. Although when I see adds like this on ATS I wonder who the owners of the site see their demographic as. A bunch of 13 year old kids or a bunch of older people with 13 year old mentalities....

P.S. I NEVER click on Ads online, not here not anywhere else. Not unless I know it is costing them pay per click. lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
After seeing this thread highlighting it, I thought I'd give it a go. Like the setup (nice and tidy, just like google). Typed a few keywords that will make my website show up on the first page of google... and my page isn't listed at all! Think I'll stick to google.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The thread is called "Samura.com the great big ad.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

Its a joke of a search engine,invite only if they deem your site appropriate.Censorship at its finest.
edit on 31/1/2013 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Erm,

These are the only consumer products that are using NLP in this particular way.

If you can get in to it, the NLP, then these toys become very interesting...

Natural Language Processing

Switching gears for a moment; I have been really late for the show. Computing and IT just passed me by, until I came to ATS. There is an incredible language experiment taking place here and we all get to participate.

Personally, I can't afford a rig that will provide a UGC play environment, but since ATS i see that this is one of the most fun things that you can do with a computer, so I come to ATS to play with theirs until I can get my own.

That's the way to do it: I am down with OPC (Other People's Computers), how about you?

For instance, I can't afford a super-computer, so I am getting a degree in IT so that I can administrate other people's super-computers. It works out for everyone.

So back on topic: try it, it's a really nice search engine. Really nice.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Xoanon because:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Of course they are selling, they are selling their product. Just because we are not paying anything doesn't mean that it isn't sold to users.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Ahh yes Bing.com, it had that much of an impression on me that I didn't even recall its existance until you just mentioned them

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join