It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did somebody call out the troll Army?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

I dont think its "gang stalking" or idiocy on the level of GLP by ANY means.. though its annoying as hell and ruins more threads than I care to mention. It comes from BOTH sides... and its always the same few. ( sometimes a brand new account). Its like their mission in life is to channel all disillusionment and real hate toward Obama or worship every fart he makes like a heavy robed PSYCHOphant. Ive been attacked myself in threads for daring to either simply say : he is a human being and I dont think he is the antichrist. Somehow... suddenly Obama is my messiah. On the flip side.. since I was speaking about crime and applying the law and sentencing guidelines... I automatically became a wingnut gun nut... . figure that one out.

Its getting tedious, annoying, and impossible to have a normal discussion here sometimes. On skype a few said they were actually afraid to voice their opinion because theyd spend the next 4 hours defending it and being attacked for everything they said.. and some things attributed to them that were never said. I agree.. Ive seen it.. .. been there done that myself. Group think demands on here are ASTOUNDING for a conspiracy and "truth" based board.. and they all think they are free thinkers!

I poke at Heff for being a patchouli smelling liberal ( and I bet he cant figure out if Im serious or not!).. but in reality.. he is the perfect left leaner in my opinion. He has reasons for his beliefs that he can articulate and is open to new thoughts on a variety of subjects. He had made a thread and I said I loved him (left) and Beezer ( right) to death on here. I do.. they are both really interesting people who have rationally given me new perspectives to think about a few things. Someone called BS on me and said they were so opposite ( politically) that I couldnt possibly like both. AND WAS STARRED FOR IT!
To some.. the political party is the sole reason you MUST like or dislike someone.. its the ONLY factor that means anything to them. They dont really comprehend the concept of liking the individual for his or her aspects..or even in totality. Their personal real life relationships must be all rainbows and puppies. They choose this one thing and get stuck on stupid.. and thats what youre seeing. The new religion.. politics and you are completely defined by your political leanings ALONE. Makes for pretty heated and absurd threads.

Stick around.. youll get the hang of avoiding the more ridiculous things.. but youll ALWAYS have the potential to get suckerpunched by a sycophant/psychophant in a thread.
Wait until you walk away from a redundant BS fest and then get a u2u calling you a "chicken" and calling you other nice civil things for not returning to the fight.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Trolls will do what trolls do. Just look at their posting history and it should tell you the whole story. Post after post of caustic attacks, derailing and personal jabs.... speak volumes. I try not to feed the trolls..

It has gotten better around here since the election. When I first joined back in 2008 it was far worse. The site management and the mods have taken great strides since then.

If you suspect a problem troll alert the mods to the problem post or posts. The mods can't be everywhere...

Funny, I've been called a troll many times around here over the years as have many other members who've been here longer than me.

Certain forums attract the professionals who create multiple accounts and use the accounts to compliment their posts and views.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Prime example of what the OP is talking about:

Nice ranting. That is, redneck style.

Just accept the fact a black man was re-elected into the white house. This Alex Jones "Hate the black man in the WH" doesnt work here buddy. Obama will be in office 4 more years and save this country from fringe FOX news lunatics and other assorted right wing trash trying to destroy it from within.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
So Haarp cause earthquakes and the government uses it against the world...

BULLCOOKIES!

Sorry, the Topic Intrusion Notice System's been running behind for the last 12 hours. I just got the text. You'd think the NSA could run a computer system.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by okiecowboy

The birth certificate is not fake.

Whaaaaaaat?

(I had to)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'm wondering, did you alert that?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
I am new here and what jumps out immediately is that this board allows certain types of discrimination and bad behaviour from certain members. Shame on you ATS.

ATS is not a cup of tea really. You cant expect to control the flow. Folks do let each other have it in here.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Ok so I was wondering if anyone else was aware of this pattern on ATS and it is normal or are some specific members on ATS the targets of gang stalking? Personally I wasn't to interested in the term but noticed something in a thread where it becomes quite obvious.

Yes it happens. Read some off my recent threads of late and the Trolls roll in early. They are becomming as organised and efficient as bunch of dudes rolling up to build houses on a construction site.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have a question about using the reporting feature and didn't feel the need to start a new thread for it.

If I want to report inappropriate behavior, trolling, etc from a particular poster...do I report using the alert feature at the top of the page of the thread or do I use the alert from their avatar drop down or do you use both to get the mods the specific thread, page and poster?

Just curious.

And we all know there is a difference in someone disagreeing with someone and a troll trying to get a rise or derail a thread... ad hominem tactics...antagonism...etc...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg
If you don't agree with someone you can reply to the thread or you can just ignore it.

Who whoa hey wait a minute there, don't go and make sense now!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join