It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible source of the big bang not divine creator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Okay, just had a radical (maybe) thought while reading a link posted from the topic on big bang.

Everyone has heard of the big bang theory, im sure. Well wether you belive in it or not (and im skeptical) take into consideration that space and time are very hard to concepts to literally grasp. And the vision along with the theory of the big band is often misinterperated: At the begining point neither time nor space exhisted, it wasnt as if there was an infinate emptiness of space... there was nothing, not even the space for all of teh nothing (lol) dont worry im getting to the point of my post...

now lets take into consideration a black hole... if im correct, and maybe i should research a lil more, as the life of a star is coming to an end it begins to emplode on itself it creates a unimaginable large degree of mass (and subsequently gravity) that attracts everthing around it into a 'black hole' the size of a pinhead. Apparently at this point all principles of matter and time break down.

my conclusion (or idea) is what if at this point in the creation of a 'black hole' all of the matter that the it consumes and it is displaced into another deminsion in which the unimaginable highly compact (for lack of better word) stuff would explode as it moved into unrestricted new deminsion

sub note: as i finish writing this i can already presieve the cons of this idea. if this were to happen then would there be a point in our univers where atoms or whatever were continuing to 'explode' outward from this point. maybe at just a single point in time the black hole created the necessary conditions for this to occur and then it was over. if not, well black holes dont last forever, would have ended eventually
[EDIT]

***heres somthing thatl make you think...

• the milky way (our galaxy) is some 30,000 light-years across, the nearest galaxy is 75,000, 300 billion stars travel around the Milky Way, and with current capabilities 100 billion galaxies in the universe have been found with new ones discuvered ever day. ( thats 30 trillion stars ~ i was curious )
  • if we observe an object that is maybe 300 light-years away, then we are accually seeing it as it was 300 years ago. so if you think about it we are really looking into the past. wow
  • think about each step in discovering our known space... first we discover earth is round and brave cold ocean to find new lands and find that earth revols around the sun, then found that others do as well... little time passes and found all of the other stars accually travel in unison as a galaxy around a center... when hubble was launched we were able to see that there are accully billions of galaxies... what if all of the galaxies travel together as a univers and there are countless others that are jsut too far beyond our science capabilities at the time

its all about perspective

i think thats all i can think of to say on this at this time

thought you might like this

--Franki

[edit on 31-10-2004 by Franki]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I think you touched on this with the con, but how do you account for matter continuing to pour into a black hole. And there is also the concept of Hawking radiation. But anyway, good ideas!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
just now remembering about Hawking radiation... i saw a show about that a long while back didnt even know what it was called at the time but i can now see the animation of it on the video as i read this quote:

Virtual particle pairs are constantly being created near the horizon of the black hole, as they are everywhere. Normally, they are created as a particle-antiparticle pair and they quickly annihilate each other. But near the horizon of a black hole, it's possible for one to fall in before the annihilation can happen, in which case the other one escapes as Hawking radiation.

and just learned something new as i was looking more into 'vitual particles'

Particles continuously come into existence and go out of existence all of the time. This property follows directly from the quantum nature of the sub-atomic world.

so from what i get, i think what happens is that the forces of the black hole cause these virtual particles to become seperated from its conjoined particle and as a result the remaining particle is seen as the radiation.

and then its not that the black hole is lossing its mass (so to say) but is causing vitual particles to split and 'captures' one before they can destroy themselves

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
there is too little matter in a star to create a hole universe and that does not answer where the stars came from

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
there is too little matter in a star to create a hole universe and that does not answer where the stars came from
The star could be unimaginabley larger than anything in our own universe.Large enough to consist all our known universe in it.Remember to think beyond our universal physics.There could be a universe for every star in our own universe!!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
its not a question of 'matter' in a star, its more about mass... mass deals with gravity, gravity causes curvature of space/time. when a star emplodes on itself it consists of such a huge amount of density in such a small volume that light cannot even escape its gravitational pull. there are ideas of what the effects of this would be on the time/space around it (in the evant horizon) but once incide the black hole, well no one knows

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
My question is, how can you make something from nothing? If there was absolutely nothing in the beginning there would still be nothing. After all you cant make Jello with out the jello mix

Something else, if there was nothing in the beginning what would have caused the big bang? Nothing cant fracture nothing and cause it so what else could it have been?

new topics

top topics

join