It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens consequences for Tel Aviv

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by shivaX

It does not matter.
It is an Arabic country.
And that is the fact.

What do you mean it doesn't matter?

Iranians = speak Persian, an Indo-European language.
Arabs = speak Arabic, a Semitic language.

Theres a big difference.

Oh how nice of you for the information you provided.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

Oh how nice of you for the information you provided.

Its of no use because its just going to fly over your head. Because the only "facts" that you are interested in are the ones you make up for yourself.... like that post where you said Iran is an Arab country.... as passed it off as a "fact".

edit on 1-2-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Very nice assumption and quite accurate.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Dude, the best bet is to just ignore anything he has to say or read it like some fantasy story. The claims being made are actually pretty funny if you extract it from the conversation and read them all by itself. It's just nutty.

As far as the thread goes, I feel like these threats are always being issued, and it usually amounts to nothing more than the everyday back and forth fighting that takes place. I for one hope it doesn't escalate anymore than this, as I feel like there squabble has sort of peaked...when it comes down to how far each side is willing to go. Just my opinion, maybe I'm being too positive.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Now now girls you're both pretty.
Let's keep it civil please
and thanks for your input

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Israel does what it pleases. They are the first to cry about evil terrorism, and the first to violate other nations rights by swinging over the border to bomb them. What international law? What sovereignty?

When was the last time you called your neighbors terrorists, jumped over their fence and threw a bomb at their house?

The people that do that are the terrorists, not their target. But yah good. Go ahead yahoo, you won the election now go back to pouring gasoline on the fire.

She didn't call them terrorists but my wife really "blew a fuse" the last time our neighbor's dog took a dump in our yard, yet again. so she told me to get a shovel and throw it over the fence. I really don't see what that solved though, now we've got dog poop in our yard and the neighbors have our shovel.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

they waste everybodies time with their self entitled ego wars

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Octagonally posted by MDDoxs

Obtusely posted by RoScoLaz
the sooner Israel gets slapped down the better.

I don't think its that simple.

As other nations have a vested interest in Israel not getting "slapped". Potentially dragging more groups into the conflict and turning into a large "slapping" fest.

So if I am following you correctly, what you are saying is there are far too many slappers over there.

So, not unlike my neighbor's house, when the slappers cross the puncher things will get messy.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Is your neighbours house the antichrist of Heffs shower ?
I wouldn't worry about Israel I lived there for 10 years and served in the IDF, just a lot of hot air coming out of Iran, if they could really do it, they already would have

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

just a lot of hot air coming out of Iran, if they could really do it, they already would have

Same goes for Israel.

If they felt so threatened by Iran, they would have taken out Iranian nuke facilities the way they took out Iraqs nuke facilities. But they haven't. Why is that?

IMHO, Israel fears the Iranian response, in case of an Israeli offensive,.

The difference between Iran and Israel... is this :
Iran being a nation of 70 million can and will absorb any damage...and they most probably will suffer a great deal of damage in case a war breaks out.... but they will be unforgiving when it comes to retaliation.

Israel being a nation of 7 million.... risks being completely obliterated should they launch an offensive against Iran. They would have brought their doom upon themselves.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
just a thought; what if the attack on Syria was an act of making Iran make the move towards full out war. Israel could say we are defending our selves , Iran in return attacked us with out the right to do so.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

of course its a set up. Thats pretty clear.
edit on 1-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

just a lot of hot air coming out of Iran, if they could really do it, they already would have

Same goes for Israel.

If they felt so threatened by Iran, they would have taken out Iranian nuke facilities the way they took out Iraqs nuke facilities. But they haven't. Why is that?

IMHO, Israel fears the Iranian response, in case of an Israeli offensive,.

The difference between Iran and Israel... is this :
Iran being a nation of 70 million can and will absorb any damage...and they most probably will suffer a great deal of damage in case a war breaks out.... but they will be unforgiving when it comes to retaliation.

Israel being a nation of 7 million.... risks being completely obliterated should they launch an offensive against Iran. They would have brought their doom upon themselves.

With all due respect I think the difference is Israel cares about it's citizens.
Iran couldn't care less.
It's called democracy, if you cock up you're out, it happened to Neytanyahu last time.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

With all due respect I think the difference is Israel cares about it's citizens.
Iran couldn't care less.

Are you telling me Iran doesn't care if Israel kills Iranian citizens?... on Iranian soil?

Seriously?

Again, it appears its Israel thats full of hot air. If they had a real problem with Iran, they would have bombed them to submission ages ago... but they seem to be holding back.

I wonder why.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm saying the political loss of face is more important to Iran than Israel.
I just think Iran is more likely to accept some collateral damage after all whats 1 million amongst 70 million ?
Israel when I left 1 million was damn near 20% of the population.

You also make the assumption that Iran can actually do what it threatens.
Even the launching a monkey into space is being debunked as we type. Hit tel aviv from Iran with the technology they have ? No chance.
If they could do that they would have supplied Gaza with weapons that were accurate to hit anywhere the length of Israel from within gaza.
Didn't happen, can't happen, won't happen
edit on 1-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I just think Iran is more likely to accept some collateral damage after all whats 1 million amongst 70 million ?

If Israel actually launches a war against Iran.... then Iran doesn't have much of a choice but to absorb collateral damage. Even in the millions.

After that, I doubt Iran would show any restraint or mercy..... and the world community won't blame Iran when it retaliates. So Israel would have put its 7 million population at risk....and it would prove Israel wasn't really concerned about its own citizens.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

reply to post by cody599

Since you say you served in the IDF, I'd like to hear your take on this....

Former general: Israel can't defeat Iran

"To our regret, there is no Israeli military capability that would enable us to reach a situation whereby Iran's nuclear capabilities are destroyed without the possibility of recovery," he said. "The maximal achievement that Israel can accomplish is to disrupt and suspend Iran's nuclear program."

The former general emphasized that the primary risk in undertaking a military operation against Iran is its potential failure. "If you undertake a failed military operation, you pay three-fold: firstly, you didn't succeed in hitting what you wanted, secondly, you've hurt your deterrence capabilities, and thirdly, you're perceived as the aggressor," he said.

I'm somewhat inclined to agree with this former Israeli generals assessment of the Iran situation.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

sorry I missed your post as I was editing mine
Apologies

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

Iran couldn't care less.

Are you telling me Iran doesn't care if Israel kills Iranian citizens?... on Iranian soil?

Seriously?

Again, it appears its Israel thats full of hot air. If they had a real problem with Iran, they would have bombed them to submission ages ago... but they seem to be holding back.

I wonder why.

They can't do it on their own , and Obama will tell ben to go swivel again.
Thats the reason for holding back,

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I was a real soldier not a general .
I can tell you that given 1 IDF against pretty much any army in the world I'd go 10 to 1 on average apart from the brits.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join