It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visiting Edinburgh this weekend. Any ghost hunting/tour tips?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hi folks!

I hope this is the right place to post this. My sister and I will be visiting Edinburgh, Scotland for the first time this weekend and we have no idea what to do there. I already know that there is a castle there to visit and things like that. But we also would like to make some kind of ghost tour or something. Does anybody know which one of the 'thousands' offered is the best. Am also open to other suggestions on what to do in Edinburgh.

Thank you soo much in advance and promise to post all pictures of the ghost we have encountered, lol

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i'm not sure how easy it is to get into the underground city part of edinburgh, but i bet it's fairly creepy there so it might be worth investigating

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

I think its under the bridge somewhere

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You will find people giving out leaflets for tours around the Edinburgh Vaults all along the Royal Mile and the other main tourist streets in Edinburgh or pop into the tourist information centre or search tourist information centre web site for ghost tours.

There are a ton of different ones I can't say I know which one is best.

edit on 31/1/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

eta
The camera obscura is kind of interesting too
edit on 31/1/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The Edinburgh Dungeon is a lot of fun, you're guided around by a team of professional actors and it's really well run. Great for kids and large groups too.

www.the-dungeons.co.uk...

But if you want something a bit more real life scary you could try the 'Real Mary King's Close'.

www.realmarykingsclose.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks for your great suggestions, Ramcheck and davespanners. The dungeon sounds great! I did a search before, but too many things came up...
edit on 31-1-2013 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Oooooooh, please take as many pics as possible of the castle!!!!!!!!!! How very exciting for you!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
'Mary Kings Close' is an good visit. Just remember to take some sweets or a toy for the little girl there.

edit on 31-1-2013 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join