It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Shots of the Second American Revolution have been fired

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by seabag

I’m talking about the states taking this country back from an overreaching federal government that no longer represents the will of the people. This isn’t about party politics…it’s about America.

Governors say a lot of stuff. We'll see what happens when it's time to put their asses where their mouths are. To be honest, I'm getting pretty amused by the relentless blather that - so far - has yet to amount to anything at all, since Obama got elected in 2008. Hell, why isn't Ted Nugent dead or in jail yet? Why isn't half of the rightwing echo machine relocated to a barge at the 200 mile marker in international waters?

Everyone talks big. No one does more than talk. This whole thing is idiotic.

edit on 1/31/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I get the feeling Seabag understands less than he pretends to. At this rate, the only way to stop civil war is to quite pushing the constitution. Taking all bets!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by seabag

If you think the Country is going to be Saved by the GOP, well, I have no words.

This x 1,000,000

Also, OP... How exactly is the country "going to hell" under Obama that it wasn't under W. Bush?

Stop the tit for tat.

It's unbecoming an intelligent human being.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I get the feeling Seabag understands less than he pretends to. At this rate, the only way to stop civil war is to quite pushing the constitution. Taking all bets!

funny, the way I see it, the way to avert one is by stopping the infringement on our Bill of Rights, and to seriously start reforming the things that should not be, corporate campaign contributions topping the list.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

We put our faith in the Tea Party to pack congress full of the lunatic fringe and we have come up short.

/fix

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I have to agree with AI ! He has a point.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

That's basically what I said.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

That's basically what I said.

Yeah misread what you wrote, I thought you were saying we should stop defending the Bill of Rights......my bad

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If the constitution protects our right to bear arms, in the sense that it is a right to protect us from government, then it is our right to fire upon them?
If it is the people that must have the power and the courts are run by government then court decisions become void with a majority rule by all American people?

If that is all true, and Obama is declared unfit for government by the American people then is it not our right to remove him from office through any means necessary, even by bearing arms?

And if all of this is true, then perhaps we should take a public vote?
edit on 31-1-2013 by Ghostx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by fripw
reply to post by seabag

You really need to get off the sauce. The problem with the country is that the government is own by special interests. Big money interests. Big corporations. You want a revolution and you don't even know who's running the show.

People need to take back control of government and redirect it to protect the interests of the common man
Ummm....actually...the problem is the government IS a corporation once you wrap your head around that little tidbit you begin to see why the web is spun the way it is.

YouSir

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by seabag

Not even two full pages deep and already the ignorance is astounding.
I still can't figure out if some of you people are serious or if you are just effing with us.
How anyone can read the OP and come away with the idea that the OP is bashing Obama is beyond me and forces me to believe that

A. You are just emotionally Trolling

B. You are painfully ignorant and possibly bordering on being a high functioning retard

or

C. Getting paid to post in online forums.

One of these HAS to be the case!!!
There can be no other explanation.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Star, S_d. I wonder if there can be some biologically sustainable
brain soup for synaptic fluid made of all the above, that can do the
job in varying concentrations for some of us? I trust it can be possible.
I personally prefer the ignorance emulsion, because then we can
spout off and not spill too much giving an electromagnetic piece of
my worthless mind.
On topic and the other hand, if the individals in separate states were
ALL to notice what a few Governors are actually saying, and take
their local minons to regular task, ... all I can say is bravo. They
maybe can kill us all, we few trouble makers. Also sure the second
to last thing throught many a patriot's head, "dead's better than here".
Maybe things won't be as bad as some fear, I fear acquiesence now.
And I'm with you on some political foot dragging right now to try and
slow down this sledful we're on.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
second revolution huh...

how about we abolish the fed, we need to focus our energy at abolishing the fed...

end the fed.
edit on 31-1-2013 by cornucopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The fact that one of the first replies to this thread tried to stir up republican vs. democrat tensions...

Shows how absolutely distracted people are from the real issues...I don't even talk about 'republicans' or 'democrats' anymore, or try not to. It's all a method to distract us from noticing that they're just 'different' parts of the same system, that are specifically designed to make it so nothing will ever really change within that system. We need to fundamentally change the whole system, or drop out of the system that is in place, as implied by OP.
edit on 31-1-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
I think it is cute that you are falling for State election politics.

Yes, the States are proposing all kinds of laws...even passing some...for one simple reason...to get naive people like you all excited to go out and vote for them.

Not one of those bills they are proposing are enforcable. I would love to see local cops try to arrest a federal agent for enforcing National law. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way...that was decided in the Civil War.

But just in case they try to do it, don't start crying when the Federal Government smacks these yahoos down.

People in the states are finally pushing back against the State. I think it's great. Have you heard that the Sheriffs are finally saying that the feds are going to be arrested if they come here trying to take guns?
And yes the T Party is doing things at the local level to push back. You were just hoping they went away?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The war of words is for fools. The sooner the purge; the better going forward. American families has lost the innocent simple way of life that seems foreign to some today. In just short few years the last of the innocents America once knew will be nothing but history; Unable to understand what it meant to live without white noise to live without locking doors; love for thy neighbor and family.
My eyes water every time I let my mind slip back to the days of old. Sure we didn't have the things of today which are nice - but at the cost of what-- a reset? O what a waste, of tradition and the foundation of family that made this country great at some point. In my mind we are living in the last days of innocents and entering a very hazardous time for the people in America. Soon the people that knew the great days will be gone!

Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing. Sad so V.Sad

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Every country needs a good revolution once and while. I think America is about due. Let Obama usher it in. He's doing a good job at pissing everyone off, let him do his "job".

Great thread Seabag. Star and flag.

-SAP-
edit on 31-1-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

The shots being fired, the first movements in a war to save our republican form of government are coming from the most unheralded of places. What is happening in Topeka, Austin, Ogden, Billings, Richmond and many other locales is just the beginning of a movement that will sweep this nation in the next four years. The people, in the form of their respective States and their State legislatures, are learning and relearning the lessons that Jefferson and Madison taught us over 200 years ago.

The lesson resides in one word: Just say "No."

Some conservatives are waiting for the next Ronald Reagan to come along and save our country from Obama. We put our faith in the Tea Party to pack congress full of like-minded Americans and we have come up short. Democrats and moderates put their hope in Obama only to get more of the same garbage we’ve seen for decades. Government continues to grow and our freedom continues to erode. There is no one person or one group that is going to fix the damage that has been done. The next American Revolution has begun and the battlefield spreads from coast to coast.

When the Democratic Governor of Montana claims that any Federal government ban on the right to bear arms will not take hold in his State or when the Republican Governor of Texas says that there are sections of the Obamacare law that will not hit the ground in his State, they are not espousing a new, radical and revolutionary theory of American self-governance. They are speaking from an over 200 year history that traces its roots back to the Founding of our great nation and codified by the pens of none other than Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. They are the kernels of the coming restoration of America.
link

It will be the states that take this country back from the overreaching, power hungry usurpers in Washington, DC. If our representatives won’t fix this mess then WE WILL! I’m am glad to live in one of the many states that GETS IT!

In early 1835, Mexican president Santa Anna began centralizing power and operating as a dictator, much like Obama. Texas fought against tyranny and won, and we will once again stand against tyranny along with Americans from many states across this country.

As the founding fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

"...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government..."
WhiteHouse.gov

We can accomplish this without any bloodshed.

The first shots have been fired…It is time to reclaim our country!

edit on 31-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Good luck, This is just blowing smoke I"m so tired of hearing how all you incensed folks are going to stop all this oppression. You don't even know what oppression is you wouldn't recognize a left wing liberal agenda if it stared you in the face. All this talk and bluster is nonsense. Obama is certainly not left wing. Hey come and talk to us in five years when none of you fantasies come to be. I think people like you need to look to who is buttering your toast.

The rich have all the money. The bankers control the world. and all you can talk about is how they are trying to take away your 30 round clip.

I am beginning to have little hope

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

How exactly? What period of America was ideal? The 80s? The 50s? The 1850s? Also, you realize you have more freedoms now than ever with the internet. Go back to 1955 and tell me how free your speech is.

I fail to see how we have more freedoms now than we did 50 years ago? I believe you may be referring to the illusion of freedom. First of all everyone is legally extorted these days. Buy some land build a house, even buy mineral rights, air rights and pay in cash and what are you stuck with? Property taxes and if you don't pay say good by to you'r belongings. Mind you taxes serve a purpose, like having sewers, power lines, garbage services,phone lines and what not. But you might want to have a compost pile and solar/water or even wind generators and face it phones are not a necessity they are just nice. Then they come and take you'r land because your endangering your self. I have been told countless times you can't live off the land anymore even tho I do it quite often. Last summer I had a park ranger tell me I was a danger to myself , its not possible to live off the land anymore lol. So don't tell me about more freedoms in this era just because you have more choices between this crap and that crap it don't fly. And if the people really in charge don't like what you post see how long it stays there. You'r freedoms are an Illusion that are put in place to keep you in check till they don't need you anymore, or the damage you might cause is to minor to effect anything!!!
edit on 31-1-2013 by Blue83 because: forgot quote

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

How many politicians can you name that are doing everything you want them to do?

There never has been- this post is just more proof that today's Americans are completely brainwashed with overblown, illogical, and irrational paranoia. If you stop listening to Glen Beck for a while you'll realize that the world isn't ending.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
What are you people really fighting for?

You keep saying big words like freedom, but you aren't really losing your freedoms. You're losing arguments and can't stand it. You're a bunch of babies who aren't getting their way.

This country is moving on without you. We're going to have healthcare for everyone. We're going to help those in need. Crazy people will have to go through some background checks before picking up an assault rifle at walmart. Women will be able to choose to have an abortion. We're going to try to keep the environment clean. And I'll be proud of that nation.

Keep crying, I dare you try to do something.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join