It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Shots of the Second American Revolution have been fired

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+96 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The shots being fired, the first movements in a war to save our republican form of government are coming from the most unheralded of places. What is happening in Topeka, Austin, Ogden, Billings, Richmond and many other locales is just the beginning of a movement that will sweep this nation in the next four years. The people, in the form of their respective States and their State legislatures, are learning and relearning the lessons that Jefferson and Madison taught us over 200 years ago.

The lesson resides in one word: Just say "No."

Some conservatives are waiting for the next Ronald Reagan to come along and save our country from Obama. We put our faith in the Tea Party to pack congress full of like-minded Americans and we have come up short. Democrats and moderates put their hope in Obama only to get more of the same garbage we’ve seen for decades. Government continues to grow and our freedom continues to erode. There is no one person or one group that is going to fix the damage that has been done. The next American Revolution has begun and the battlefield spreads from coast to coast.

When the Democratic Governor of Montana claims that any Federal government ban on the right to bear arms will not take hold in his State or when the Republican Governor of Texas says that there are sections of the Obamacare law that will not hit the ground in his State, they are not espousing a new, radical and revolutionary theory of American self-governance. They are speaking from an over 200 year history that traces its roots back to the Founding of our great nation and codified by the pens of none other than Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. They are the kernels of the coming restoration of America.
link

It will be the states that take this country back from the overreaching, power hungry usurpers in Washington, DC. If our representatives won’t fix this mess then WE WILL! I’m am glad to live in one of the many states that GETS IT!

In early 1835, Mexican president Santa Anna began centralizing power and operating as a dictator, much like Obama. Texas fought against tyranny and won, and we will once again stand against tyranny along with Americans from many states across this country.

As the founding fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

"...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government..."
WhiteHouse.gov

We can accomplish this without any bloodshed.

The first shots have been fired…It is time to reclaim our country!

edit on 31-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

+88 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If you think the Country is going to be Saved by the GOP, well, I have no words.

+120 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by seabag

If you think the Country is going to be Saved by the GOP, well, I have no words.

You REALLY need to read the OP before firing off comments.

You just stepped in it, bro!

EPIC FAIL!

If you think the constitution and freedom are “GOP things” then I’m flattered, but I disagree.

I’m talking about the states taking this country back from an overreaching federal government that no longer represents the will of the people. This isn’t about party politics…it’s about America.

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Our country was founded on disobedience.

link   
IMPEACHMENT trumps Revolution. If the problem lies primarily at the top then the leadership should be replaced....especially peacefully and legally.

+27 more 
link   

reply to post by seabag

This x 1,000,000

Also, OP... How exactly is the country "going to hell" under Obama that it wasn't under W. Bush?

+47 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

It's going to hell PERIOD, no matter who is in office.

But good article, seabag!

I have reservations about its optimism, but for lack of anything else- I'll take it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
IMPEACHMENT trumps Revolution. If the problem lies primarily at the top then the leadership should be replaced....especially peacefully and legally.

Absolutely 100% truth.

I don't personally feel Obama should be impeached, but if people want to have that opinion, cool.

Those talking about revolution... well, you're on the list. Maybe I put you there.

+50 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

This x 1,000,000

Also, OP... How exactly is the country "going to hell" under Obama that it wasn't under W. Bush?

Hmmmm, didn't see anything in the OP blaming it all on Obama. Let me go check..............................

Nope, nothing at all as you are insinuating!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by DaTroof

It's going to hell PERIOD, no matter who is in office.

But good article, seabag!

I have reservations about its optimism, but for lack of anything else- I'll take it.

How exactly? What period of America was ideal? The 80s? The 50s? The 1850s? Also, you realize you have more freedoms now than ever with the internet. Go back to 1955 and tell me how free your speech is.

+60 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

This x 1,000,000

You and your partner, twosides, are making me rethink gun rights. You guys are far too quick to pull the trigger without even assessing the situation. Read the OP again SLOWER and you’ll understand. Unless Obama has been the POTUS for “decades” then this isn’t a jab directed at him alone.

JEEEZ! You guys are a sensitive lot!

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

You REALLY need to read the OP before firing off comments.

You just stepped in it, bro!

EPIC FAIL!

If you think the constitution and freedom are “GOP things” then I’m flattered, but I disagree.

I’m talking about the states taking this country back from an overreaching federal government that no longer represents the will of the people. This isn’t about party politics…it’s about America.

Seabag, you must understand that there will always be those that want the authority of DC to live under.

+24 more 
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Those talking about revolution... well, you're on the list. Maybe I put you there.

Now why am I not a bit surprised?

Now who was it that was saying ATS has not been infiltrated? Of course we have. Just like any other freedom-loving movement that ever was. The feds are on you, people.

+5 more 
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

How many politicians can you name that are doing everything you want them to do?

How many politicians that you’ve liked in the past signed NDAA?

I think the problem is too deep to be solved by cutting the head off the snake. I think we need to pull out, regroup and try again with the whole “union” thing.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

link   

link   
reply to post by seabag

You and your partner, twosides, are making me rethink gun rights. You guys are far too quick to pull the trigger without even assessing the situation. Read the OP again SLOWER and you’ll understand. Unless Obama has been the POTUS for “decades” then this isn’t a jab directed at him alone.

JEEEZ! You guys are a sensitive lot!

Not exactly...

Some conservatives are waiting for the next Ronald Reagan to come along and save our country from Obama. We put our faith in the Tea Party to pack congress full of like-minded Americans and we have come up short. Democrats and moderates put their hope in Obama only to get more of the same garbage we’ve seen for decades.

So was the above just a mistake? Fell asleep at the keyboard and your fingers decided to make known their distaste for the "liberal agenda" and the Democratic plans to ruin this country?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

We can't wait around for a Saviour to appear and save us.

We are all our own Ronald Reagans now. And rightly so.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think it is cute that you are falling for State election politics.

Yes, the States are proposing all kinds of laws...even passing some...for one simple reason...to get naive people like you all excited to go out and vote for them.

Not one of those bills they are proposing are enforcable. I would love to see local cops try to arrest a federal agent for enforcing National law. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way...that was decided in the Civil War.

But just in case they try to do it, don't start crying when the Federal Government smacks these yahoos down.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join