Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Can Earthquake have it's own Season in the year?

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Tornadoes are most active during summer time where there is high humidity and heat.

Hurricanes are most active from august to October

What about Earthquakes?

look at the recent history

Few months back, earthquake activity has been on decline and its suddenly picking up again.

What if the Earthquake season is from February to May, that's when the most devastating earthquakes strike. What if during this time the Earth faces some sort of change, either on Earth it self, or by another planetary body in our solar system , either the sun or other planets. Or is it just a natural cycle just as Tornadoes and Hurricanes?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hmm Earthquake prediction is not possible currently .
However Earthquake's appearing on certain seasons can be a valid idea.

Scientists Seek Foolproof Signal to Predict Earthquakes

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

I was thinking about this same thing a couple of months ago.
November through to Feburary I figured but I have'nt looked into it to far yet.

Wiki has a page with lists of natural disasters, you can see the same months popping up.
But I have'nt cross referenced any of the dates listed as yet
edit on 31-1-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

Well, I think there are plenty of people trying to figure that out. Here is a great read, when you have time try and read it all. It says so much more than below!

EARTHQUAKE PREDICTION USING ULF VARIATIONS OF THE GRAVITATIONAL FIELD O.V. Martynov, S.A. Shopin, S.P. Kurotchenko, R.V. Parshutin, V.A. Shopin, P.V. Anikeev, J.V. Chapkova Tula State University, R&D Department, Russia It is considered concept of the geodynamical processes mechanism, based on the interpretation of our planet as open nonlinear dynamical system, whose quasi-equilibrium state is periodically disturbed by the external influences associated with more global spaces (Sun, Solar System, Galaxy and etc). In consequence of disturbances of quasi-equilibrium state (which we call additional polarization) compensational processes take place acting according to the conservation laws and aiming to return the system state to the equilibrium. Originally additional polarization emerge in the planet inner core which is its center of the mass and center of polarization (according to A. Vlasov). Correspondingly Cont. compensational process, being the response to the additional polarization, also begins in the inner core and gradually moves along the direction from the core to the surface (and further) involving additional volumes of the planet structures into the process. On every structural level compensational process results in the additional polarization and, correspondigly, in the secondary compensational processes. Outcome of the process into the lithosphere resulting in the polarization of some of its volume is the reason of future earthquake. On the basis of considered approach processes in the atmosphere are interrelated with the processes in the lithosphere. And this correlaton is the most obvious illustration of the process. Whole processes complex is reflected in the dynamics of the terrestrial gravitational field. Every planet structural level (inner core, outer core, mantle, lithosphere, atmosphere and etc) is associated with the definitive frequency band. During the event preparation ultra low frequency (ULF,

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Lets see if Feb or March once again is the month of the major earthquakes above 7.0 +. I also think we are due for the next big one in the coming 1 or 2 months. The reason I think this because every year there are at least 2 Major earthquakes causing massive death. Lets hope it does not strike any populated areas. Earthquake activity has again picked up, 6.2 in chile and 6.0 by Alaska .

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
As the earth rotates around the sun with it's north pole locked into a point in space, it's tilt in relation to the sun changes. This means the gravitational pull on the earth is changing with relation to the sun. I would say that the times that earthquakes would be more common should be in the times around the spring and fall equinoxes when the position of the earth is changing from the polarity of north to south or vice versa with relation to the solar magnetic field. I would think that if these times lined up with the solar max where the sun shifts polarity that it may get more evident. I have nothing to back this, it's just an assumption I have made based on possible stresses. These forces drive weather patterns also in my mind. As the days get longer it should warm up but it often gets colder here in the north. I think this is because of energy flow within the earths magnetic field being under tension.

Because the orbit of the moon is not around the equator and is somehow tied to the influence of our orbit around the sun and to the rotation of the earth, the moon could also create the effect of seasonal stresses on the earth at this changing of polarity alignment. Stress on the magnetic field is what in my mind could impact the stress on the plates. I don't know technical terms, I just look at the globe I have and visualize the moon orbiting it as it goes around a set point or sun. The sun and moon have the greatest influence on the earth along with the tensions from the lines of connection between the sun and earth with relation to the attraction of gravity. If this sounds spacey, it's because I don't know how to explain what I am realizing in the language used by science.
edit on 31-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Interesting possibility but i am skeptical.......unless we are including some proviso's. For example, earthquakes caused by glacial rebound would surely be more seasonal than not? I must confess though, i have not actually seen any data to corroborate or dismiss that claim!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This site was given by Puterman on www.abovetopsecret.com...

wfoster2011.wordpress.com...

The operator of the site has a section and graph for the "Global Earthquake Prediction for February 2013."

Check it out..

new topics

top topics

join