It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious geoglyphs of Madre de Dios.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The video implies the glyphs may represent a map. However, might not it also be possible that they are akin to early schematics or architectural/engineering diagrams, studies, or plans for construction of the large mountainside faces?
edit on 31-1-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Possibly, that's one of the main cases they suggest in the video, that the petroglyphs are a map indicating the features of the region (including pyramid mounds) and that the petroglyph face corresponds to the geoglyphs in relative position, the zig zag lines indicating the river etc

There are elements that certainly look like an urban plan;

A full illustration of the elements of the petroglyph rock is seen here, if it is a map of sacred elements of the region there is much more to be discovered...

The Petroglyphs illustrated.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Or, perhaps, it is a city plan containing/underlying cave systems/underworld map features.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Interesting - although I'm not 100% convinced my mind is not 'creating the face' in my imagination as we are programmed / learn to RECOGNISE FACES that biases our perception... Looks real enough and given the Nazca lines and UK hillside artwork certainly plausible. You make a good case showing the stone glyphs ... and then you go and mention Ancient Aliens! Oh well, BIAS rules the world I suppose and this is ATS - when in Rome and all that - but come on, man has invented 'GOD' many, many more times than nature has invented the EYE, let alone the PENIS as a PENETRATIVE ORGAN (featured in many geoglyphs)...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

I wonder...many of the smaller glyphs seem to exhibit elements reminiscent of an aerial-view map.
Notice the river/serpent features.

Does this image show the mountain range, itself (zig-zag lines)...marking the location of the large mountainside facial image?

Considered more relevant, possibly, when taken in context with the aerial-viewed land-form glyphs.
edit on 31-1-2013 by IAMTAT because: new

If this is true that this portion of the glyphs represents the face in the mountain then perhaps X (the t above the face in the mountains) marks the spot to check?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

nice find Kantz
im just staggering because of the frog theme
because it is so devious.
The frog [ like that one in the ring ] is no other then khepri
= the dung beetle
and this represents evils re-arranging of the human heart
meaning: a heart having lost any notion of the Devine
being re-made, in order to follow evils commands.

hence the 'dung '
and the heqet is but an expansion of that.

horrible

If this were just another interesting topic of exploration - as per your thread -
attempting to shine some light on ancient peoples ; which is always fascinating;
were it not,
that the meaning behind them is murdering devious.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thats what I was thinking. Relief map of a trail in the mountains. Important for travel between ancient communities and...

did somebody say something about buried treasure?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I am floored, that is just WOW

and love your avatar too

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

thank you for sharing this incredible find, their technique has truly been amazing, the frog symbolism may also refer to simply, to the opwer of hypno toad, they used their poisons to hunt and smoked it in their rituals, for example,
phyllomedus sauvagei, of south america and
bufo alvarius, of north america, both of them have been greatly respected in times of old.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

I'm sure that all is the main factor behind the pre-eminence of a frog Deity for that region, the secretions also gave focus and endurance in hunting which could perhaps explain why they watch over the greater forest.

reply to post by IAMTAT

It's possible, i'd like to see quality arial photography of the area. There are some constructed buildings seen in this video, i'm not sure how close to the geoglyph area they are, in some ways they remind me of Chachapoya construction, an Amazonian settlement for them is a possibility.

reply to post by VigilantGirl

Thank you, and to everyone for their comments and valuable insights here...
edit on 1-2-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Please forgive me if this has already been posted...Very informative story with great diagrammatic illustrations.
(Translation link available)

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
how about this for size from the Old World ! Sumerian !! Alien!

look kinda like it

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Jump in the water...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Kantzveldt
reply to post by skalla

I've sorted out were that information is, it's sector IV from the Spanish link, here are the accompanying pictures;

Makes one wonder why they didn't call it "Sector V" instead of IV.

Harte
Harte

top topics

<< 1   >>

join