Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Incredible UFO Filmed By Commercial Pilot above Costa Rica skies on 23 January 2013

page: 6
61
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I edit video for a living and see all kinds of reflections and lens flares everyday...

I am quite confident its a reflection or lens flare. Many agree.

But for people that dont deal with these things on a regular basis I can see why you would think it wasn't.

Considering the constant speed / distance in relation to the sun and the fact that guy filming didn't see it in real life makes me rule out anything else.

It does also seem odd that he says he was filming from a cellphone - but the camera seems mounted and rolling for a long period of time. Makes me think he is lying.

edit on 31-1-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Come on! I want to Believe too but...

Occam's Razor on this one! Seriously!


One of the biggest giveaways is that the SUN and the UFO are EXACTLY at center of the frame at EXACTLY the same time!

Either luck or....using that razor to shave off the impossibilities it is an explainable phenomenon known as a lens flare...



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia
 


Photography experience doesn't necessarily make you an expert in dealing with video.
edit on 31-1-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Come on! I want to Believe too but...

Occam's Razor on this one! Seriously!


One of the biggest giveaways is that the SUN and the UFO are EXACTLY at center of the frame at EXACTLY the same time!

Either luck or....using that razor to shave off the impossibilities it is an explainable phenomenon known as a lens flare...


I'm on the same boat; I feel there is no getting through to some people.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I understand this thread will forever be a 'lense flare-or-no-lense flare' discussion. I'm ok with that. Probably just end up labelled as a lense flare.

And although I very well see why people think one way or another, I can hardly comprehend it's just that.
I watched it four times now, and 'unidentified' still fits for me. The thing has certain wobbles (0:36-0:39), and (in my opninion) doesn't correspond with the other flares the sun give in the video. Also it seems to have a flare itself from the sun at a certain point.

On the other hand, I also notice how it starts and ends with the sun coming in and out of screen.
But hey, I'm not the expert.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't mean to demean the video footage, but "clear" footage is in the eye of the beholder. When someone says clear to me, I picture a UFO in sharp focus with windows clearly detailed. If I could see an alien in the window waving, that would be an added bonus!



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Lol...its not alien

Although it is made of alien technology, you can even see the forcefield being generated

Lol if you think your ipad is impressive imagine testing technologies 214 years ahead of us.

Still...this is childsplay to the real toys that they are testing lol.. a flying aircraft carrier to launch these puppies?...impossible right?


Oh yea i forgot its lens flair ..lol this is too easy i could show you a captured jelly fish like creature that uses helium to fly and feeds off methane almost like an organic balloon...and you STILL wouldnt believe it...you'd probably dismiss it as an asian lantern


Lol...take care



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I cant believe the ones that see something else than a bird in this video!

It is clearly a white bird flying by. The illusion of it being so far away is a combination of the angle it is flying and the movement of the camera. I also suspect the camera is zooming in at minimum of x6.

Of course there can be a debate about it since it is not clear what this is, but the last thing this is, is a flying disk with aliens on board! Lets talk about all the options between the bird and the aliens before the aliens



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum
 





ADG are the worst peddlers of hoax videos


Then what makes this video any different?



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h
 





Then what makes this video any different?

It isn't an ADG video , they just uploaded it ... we're still giving them hits though


edit on 31-1-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken
 


I have flagged and starred this one as it is very difficult to see what this could be.... at first I thought 'bird' because I thought I could see wings flapping but then I watched again and thought that the speed is too fast for it to be a bird as it travels pretty far in a short distance (I know there are some birds which can fly at speed but none in that size)... I tried to see where it could be Lens Flare but I dont see it.... it is clearly an object but of what? I don't know but does seem too small to be a craft of any kind.
edit on 31-1-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)
edit on 31-1-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex
 





It isn't an ADG video , they just uploaded it ... we're still giving them hist though


I understand that, but they do upload videos that are without a doubt a hoax such as this....



It is very obvious that his thing is posting hoax videos and claiming their real...



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Lens flare. Apparent angular speed differences while camera is panning in the turn is caused by the curvature of the lens. Image is brightest when perpendicular to the sun and the camera, and when perpendicular, you can see the flare from the clouds in front of the sun at the same time.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
In my opinion

That was a real object, moving fast. it would fade out some as it reach the edge of the _

isn't a lens flare, starts way too soon And out paces the camera/plane turning radius. then it reflected the sun .13-.14
lens flare? not so sure..
The angles don't match the sun rays, clearly shown in the video. it doesn't fade between cloud cover.
it there were to be lens flare it would see signs of it way before it appears??
Pluss the red lines don't match up corner to corner, it seems to me it was just made it to fit this agenda?
to me it clearly has mass.
moving away from the plane looks like it is on approach??
I cant see any exhaust, with it moving very fast should have some heat source???
edit on 31-1-2013 by SunLife because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hey everyone stop supporting StephenHannard ADG UK and his charlatain channel. He is a serial hoaxer and bs artist.

Use this video instead.




posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You guys need to look at some real lens flares in video.

Problems with the UFO video being a video lens flare:
1. It's going the wrong direction
2. It's going too fast
3. The path the object takes is not consistent with the path a lens flare would make.

edit on 31-1-2013 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken
 


Though the clip is of poor quality I can still make out the details of a few distant trees on the ground. Why would this closer object be nothing but a bright blur? If that had been a plane it would have been clear as day.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
I cant believe the ones that see something else than a bird in this video!

It is clearly a white bird flying by. The illusion of it being so far away is a combination of the angle it is flying and the movement of the camera. I also suspect the camera is zooming in at minimum of x6.

Of course there can be a debate about it since it is not clear what this is, but the last thing this is, is a flying disk with aliens on board! Lets talk about all the options between the bird and the aliens before the aliens

That is the first thought that struck me as well.. It moves like something that is flapping it's wings.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
Hey everyone stop supporting StephenHannard ADG UK and his charlatain channel. He is a serial hoaxer and bs artist.

Use this video instead.


Bingo!!! This video clearly show it's a bird... flapping wings in the end.
edit on 31-1-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
I edit video for a living and see all kinds of reflections and lens flares everyday...

I am quite confident its a reflection or lens flare. Many agree.

But for people that dont deal with these things on a regular basis I can see why you would think it wasn't.

Considering the constant speed / distance in relation to the sun and the fact that guy filming didn't see it in real life makes me rule out anything else.

It does also seem odd that he says he was filming from a cellphone - but the camera seems mounted and rolling for a long period of time. Makes me think he is lying.

edit on 31-1-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)


prove it then, prove you edit video for a living, mr I edit videoman. show us your skills and software
pin your name to it.





new topics

top topics



 
61
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join