It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible UFO Filmed By Commercial Pilot above Costa Rica skies on 23 January 2013

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by Arken

WoW, frikin awesome!

...... I also looked for something in the cockpit that would reflect internally, and found no evidence of it.

Where is the view of the Cockpit you speak of?
Tell me no one can't see the Object Flapping and Excelling.
It's a Bird Wave-riding a Downdraft!

Zelong.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just seen this one on youtube and thought it might interest you OP, what do other people think too? With the other plane as a reference it's quite interesting..
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Also if you skip too 02:30 in this video www.youtube.com... I find them to be interesting too, the guy spends a bit too much time on his zany intro's but nevertheless he gets some great footage at times.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

Sorry mate, that's highly likely to be CGI, if you look closely it kind of tails off towards leaving the left hand side of the camera.

Additionally, usually when YT channel has advertisements on it, I would be highly skeptical of any footage from that person.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Did a little experiment on my phone for those who still doubt lens flare to be a candidate.

You can see clearly as well that the "force field" appears around my model UFO, the same shapes and at the same time it passes center screen. It isn't as faint as the OP video, because the sunlight in my video is a bit more intense.

Just some food for thought.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It makes me wonder how many other videos there are that people claim adamantly as UFO proof yet it is actually something as simple as this. Blind faith hurts the believers.

I am very glad to see there are many here that look at this critically otherwise I would lose faith completely in this subject matter.

ATM I still have some faith that there is a possibility and there may be some video proof that supports UFO believers I just haven’t seen it yet. I am still hoping for it though.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The video brings to mind the famous footage of Concord with the supposed UFO. Given that, it might well be a similar effect caused by internal reflections within the lens system of the camera.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The guy in the video says it may be a lens flare effect
(he did'nt even notice it while filming). Don't trust low quality videos.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here's some good info on lens flares:
www.cambridgeincolour.com...

As far as the video goes, I'm not going to speculate one way or another until I know what kind of camera was used, what time of day this was shot, direction of the plane, etc...

However, it doesn't seem like a typical lens flare to me. I do a lot of photography, not so much videography, but it still seems rather odd for a lens flare.

Neat video, none the less!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

Yes. It doesn't look like a typical lens flare...

However, the "object" moves in a path EXACTLY opposite the path of the Sun, and at the same speed as the sun. That indicates that it might be an internal camera reflection, which is slightly different than lens flare.

In the link below is a post by 'natalyor' back on page 10 of this thread in which he rotated the video, then overlaid the rotated version on top of the original version. You can see the object in the rotated version as a dark spot on the sun in the original version, and that rotated "object" moves exactly with the Sun.

Post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lovebeck

However, it doesn't seem like a typical lens flare to me. I do a lot of photography, not so much videography, but it still seems rather odd for a lens flare.

Are you saying that I have achieved a magnificent feat with just nine seconds of my time? If you are debating my opposing evidence then please refute how my model UFO created the same hazy "force field" (as some has called it) around the "UFO", without any tampering? (If you doubt please take it upon yourself to recreate the footage.)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

That video still remains top in my favorite footage of UFOs; although the footage doesn't give much room for interpretation it lets me know that the idea of ETs (extra terrestrials) will surpass any scientific interpretation.

The idea that we are the ONLY living beings throughout the entire universe to me would be considered ignorant. I am waiting, however, on credible evidence to the theory.

Until then, I will continue to contradict the idea, please prove me wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Wow dude...Did you check out that UFO flying across the camera, while you were filming that tree.......

I think it had wings and jet propulsion, and a plasma field around it.......wild......cool......

...another UFO filmed...Kudos dude......

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

If that was sarcasm then.

If not then "YEAH I SAW THAT *ISH!"

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I thought you might get a giggle...

But it proves exactly what we have been saying......lens flare/reflection whatever....

so thanks for putting the effort in.....

BUT people will STILL believe it is Aliens.....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
Did a little experiment on my phone for those who still doubt lens flare to be a candidate.

And there you have it
Stick a cell phone camera up against a planes window as it banks or on something to make it rock steady and you basically have the OP's footage.

Its interesting to note your 'UFO' is a warped double dot... which given your filming the sun through the tree tops means the 'UFO' is basically a mini reflection of the sun itself since if you removed all the glare from the sun in your vid I bet it would have the same shape as the 'UFO'..

Mandatory Star for that.
edit on 5-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Unfortunately, we see the original OP and arguments seize from the original post. No arguments or anything..

I am more than sure I am the last person to mention it. I am curious to see what the OP suggests on this matter..?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by FireMoon

That video still remains top in my favorite footage of UFOs; although the footage doesn't give much room for interpretation it lets me know that the idea of ETs (extra terrestrials) will surpass any scientific interpretation.

The idea that we are the ONLY living beings throughout the entire universe to me would be considered ignorant. I am waiting, however, on credible evidence to the theory.

Until then, I will continue to contradict the idea, please prove me wrong.

In the 80s there was a documentary made in Britain and they actually had the guy who shot the footage explain exactly how, the camera he was using creates that very effect by dint of the lens system it uses. it also deals with the BBC crew UFO that was filmed in the 70s in Oxfordshire. Parts of the documentary have turned up online, sadly, not the full thing. I use to have it on VHS however, not sure if it was lost a decade or so ago during a move.

There is a video from the 80s I would truly love to see the original of. Lasts over 40 mins and has several farmers discussing the object as they film it. Again, sadly, as it was the 80s the camera quality wasn't that good and the only part of it I have seen really doesn't show any real sort of detail. The MOD issued one of their standard "It's just a balloon" explanations however, those that have viewed the full tape reckon, that's about as likely as Oldham Athletic winning the Premier League. Several have attempted to ask for the original video to be released by the MOD however, as it typical for the MOD,, to the best of my knowledge, no-one so far, has managed to pin them down about whether, they still have it, whether they destroyed it, whether they gave it back. A brief clip appears in a recent documentary however, all that does, is serve to make one want to see the whole footage.

However, the Concorde video is 99.99% certain, the result of a camera lens effect
edit on 8-2-2013 by FireMoon because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join