It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Imposes Martial Law Ahead of Nuclear Test

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitingRogue

Originally posted by CuriousR
reply to post by michael1983l

Agreed. I don't think he's even aware of how many of his own oppinions he's contradicted so far. Oh well... let him stew and mouth a bit, while we get back on topic.

Speaking of the topic at hand, S&F for you O.P.
edit on 1-2-2013 by CuriousR because: (no reason given)

I don't think you are even aware of the evil you are defending.

I have to take back my statement about not responding to you further. You know for a fact that it's not only the US that views NK as a threat. It's not only the US that is pushing them to stop. So now I know for a fact that you're just here to push buttons. Carry on though. It's not my place to stop you.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Agreed. I don't think he's even aware of how many of his own oppinions he's contradicted so far. Oh well... let him stew and mouth a bit, while we get back on topic.

I have to take back my statement about not responding to you further. You know for a fact that it's not only the US that views NK as a threat. It's not only the US that is pushing them to stop. So now I know for a fact that you're just here to push buttons. Carry on though. It's not my place to stop you.

Now ask yourself if the US Empire was not so hostile to North Korea, do you think North Korea would need to take its very harsh line against others? Or do you really believe that the North just became hostile for no reason?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousR

I'd go as far to say that he could be on the pay roll of a government, but he is far too uneducated for that. No, what I think we have here is somebody who just likes to hate the west and get rises out of people, otherwise known as a troll. Its a shame that some Countries have such poor educational standards, in fact I am suprised that he has even managed to pick up the English language, maybe it is all those American films he has been watching?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

I'd go as far to say that he could be on the pay roll of a government, but he is far too uneducated for that. No, what I think we have here is somebody who just likes to hate the west and get rises out of people, otherwise known as a troll. Its a shame that some Countries have such poor educational standards, in fact I am suprised that he has even managed to pick up the English language, maybe it is all those American films he has been watching?

So anyone who holds a differing opinion is a troll, or government operative or from a west hating country? Is that how you argue? How dare you insult my ability to argue my points when you go and resort to this sort of nonsense?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BitingRogue

I believe that the North and the South of Korea were quite hostile towards each other, without the intervention of the USA. Do you have any that is ANY, well thought out and reasoned arguments towards this subject or is your sole intention just to spread disinformation and wind people up?
edit on 1-2-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

So anyone who holds a differing opinion is a troll, or government operative or from a west hating country? Is that how you argue? How dare you insult my ability to argue my points when you go and resort to this sort of nonsense?

Thanks for making me laugh. No that is not what makes a Troll, what makes a Troll is somebody that pushes an opinion, without any grounding, that insults other posters, with the sole effect of getting a rise out of people. I think I have been quite restrained so far in the wording I have been using with you, in fact quite well mannered at all times. You on the other hand have just been name calling.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

reply to post by BitingRogue

I believe that the North and the South of Korea were quite hostile towards each other, without the intervention of the USA. Do you have an that is ANY, well thought out and reasoned arguments towards this subject or is your sole intention just to spread disinformation and wind people up?

So from you, I have learned that having a differing opinion and refusing to bow down to popular opinion makes me a government operative, a troll, poorly educated and now you claim that I am here to wind people up?

And you have the nerve to criticise me?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Now ask yourself if the US Empire was not so hostile to North Korea, do you think North Korea would need to take its very harsh line against others? Or do you really believe that the North just became hostile for no reason?

That's funny... I could have swore they were more hostile towards South Korea than the US. That is why they feel threatened by the US. Among other things, it's because we back South Korea. A peaceful country not looking to start a fight. You can bloat all you want about their hate for the US, but when it comes down to it, they view SK as their enemy. We are just a very powerful ally standing in their way.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

So from you, I have learned that having a differing opinion and refusing to bow down to popular opinion makes me a government operative, a troll, poorly educated and now you claim that I am here to wind people up?

I haven't said you are a government agent at all, in fact quite the opposite, I said you were not intelligent enough to be acting on behalf of the government. The rest is just stating facts,

you are a troll

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

You are poorly educated, because anybody that is educated to any degree can have a conversation about a subject, without name calling indescriminatly when people do not agree with you.

And you are here to wind people up, given the amount of times you have personally insulted posters on here by calling them derogetory names and also by how many times you have directly contridicted yourself in your own arguments.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I haven't said you are a government agent at all, in fact quite the opposite, I said you were not intelligent enough to be acting on behalf of the government. The rest is just stating facts,

you are a troll

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

You are poorly educated, because anybody that is educated to any degree can have a conversation about a subject, without name calling indescriminatly when people do not agree with you.

And you are here to wind people up, given the amount of time you have personally insulted posters on here by calling them derogetory names and also by how many times you have directly contridicted yourself in your own arguments.

What a load of bollocks. But since you have now resolved to be hostile to me, I will return, on every single board I encounter you on.

I state my opinions. You could have just said you disagree, but you turned this into an everyone vs me battle.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

but you turned this into an everyone vs me battle.

I think you will find that you have done that yourself.

Also you will find that I have stated that I disagree with you many times. Some of the responses to that were of "parasitic, a cu nt and being called ugly"

Well done though discrediting your own opinion, it saved me time for having to do it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Was that before or after you went crying to the mods because you don't like a stiff debate?

Oh I do enjoy a stiff debate, unfortunately though, you do not seem to understand that the stiffest of debators can get their point accross without resorting to playground name calling.

All of those terms are perfect for describing you, on that there can be no debate.

Glad to see you are further discrediting your own opinion for me. Like I say, it saves me the trouble.

As far as I am concerned, I do not care for your opinion of me.

Then why on earth do you keep quoting me and responding to me?

You are the lowest quality person I have ever encountered.

thats what my ex-wife says too, maybe you two will have something in common, do you want her phone number?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
With all due respect, you people act as if North Korea is the only Country where people starve while it's "leadership" spends on weapons. America does the same thing.

The difference is that North Korea knows without a nuclear deterrent, their days are numbered, while if we fed our starving, it would be of no consequence to our defense since we're always on the offense.

Just some food for thought. Poor people nothing! We have them too, yet they are our lowest priority,

If more nations had a nuclear deterrent, maybe our starving would eat since there would be no more trillions wasted on foreign occupation, fake "terrur", or attacks on sovereign nations.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Critical_Mass

The difference is that North Korea knows without a nuclear deterrent, their days are numbered

That is factually incorrect, maybe the people in their Governments days are numbered, but the passing of their government would probably be the start of a new dawn for the North Korean people. In fact, they would possibly even reconcile with South Korea.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

he must be a North Korean military to think like he does!

peace!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
North Korea has been under Martial Law since the Korean War ended in 1953!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I read a lot on this forum condemning the USA and UK and raising the issues that they have in turn caused.
I have no doubt that we have done terrible things. Having served in the British Military I have seen the great things we have done, I have seen us do things that are extremely regretful and I have also seen times when we have just stood by and let innocent people die.
When we look at nations like North Korea I no longer look at ICBM capabilities or Nuclear tests, every nation on the planet is aiming at that goal and you can't expect them not to.
What I do condemn is the way that the innocent population are being treated.

I cant look at the photos of starving children and not think of my own 7 year old son.
Regardless of your nationality, your religion, your political stance or whatever amendment or law you choose to agree with or challenge today, the fact remains not one single child on this planet deserves that fate... EVER!

I read petty remarks about sticking it to America and well done to them for lasting this long....really? is that what it is about?

I dare you to look at the body of a small child a think, yep, stick to them, well done kid for dying to prove a point!

I know the world isn't perfect, I know there are some crazy people with some serious power. Whatever you think about the governments in this world whether from a political stand point or all the way through to crazy illuminati new world order, ufo's are coming run and hide with your tin foil hat nonsense.... it doesn't really matter. If it prevents another child from starving to death then you need to do something about it.

If I saw it in my neighbourhood I wouldn't just walk on by.

So please, when you post next, don't just think politics, oil, gold, dollars or plain and simple war.... think about the fact that as you type, another North Korean child has just hit the deck.

Something needs to be done, I don't care who does it or under what charter, it just needs to be done.

Rant over.......

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfmonkey

Very well put.

Comparing the poor in this country with N Korea and countries like it are ridiculous also.

In this country there is food everywhere, free food in school, s churches offering meals food stamps, WIC shelters and soup kitchens. If a child is starving in the US it is their parents fault, not society or the governement.

People in N Korea CANNOT get food, there is a crazy person running the country who hoards everything and meters it out at his whim. The government purposely starves the children!!!

Put on your thinking caps and be logical.

Wake up.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes you are both right, what is more important to us, a starving child or a military dispute, choose the military dispute and a child dies of hunger along with a load of troops. Choose to help the child instead, and the child lives and no troops die. I know that is simplistic, but I think most civilised people in the world would choose to help the child if they were close enough to do so.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join