It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Imposes Martial Law Ahead of Nuclear Test

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BitingRogue

Thats the point, nobody knows if they want it or not, because their government does not allow them to speak.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Thats the point, nobody knows if they want it or not, because their government does not allow them to speak.

Pro tip: If they wanted it, they would have gotten it themselves. No government can hold up against an entire nation against it, even they know that.

Nice attempt at making your comment look relevent though.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Yes they can and they do, it is called being threatening with the use of force. Do you even believe in open and free elections? Or is it ok just for a leader of a nation to say he is in power and that it will never be put up to a free election or indeed have any oposition from any other political leader or movement. I get the sense you do not believe in freedom at all. Maybe that is why you are so bitter, because you live in such an oppresive country where your freedoms are taken from you and your hatred of any nation that has a better life for their citizens indoctrined into you since birth.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Hang in there OP, I'm sure a MOD will wake up soon and perma ban someone. You shouldn't have to take the name calling and personal attacks, but your doing well despite what's happening.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Yes they can and they do, it is called being threatening with the use of force. Do you even believe in open and free elections? Or is it ok just for a leader of a nation to say he is in power and that it will never be put up to a free election or indeed have any oposition from any other political leader or movement. I get the sense you do not believe in freedom at all. Maybe that is why you are so bitter, because you live in such an oppresive country where your freedoms are taken from you and your hatred of any nation that has a better life for their citizens indoctrined into you since birth.

I believe in democracy raised by national populations, not imposed by outside entities against the wishes of the people. If the North Koreans want democracy, then they should be the only ones to impose it.

As for your comments about where I come from, they couldn't be more wrong. Because I refuse to give my location online, I must come from a dictatorship? Such a stupid method of thought, but then you are the same person who thinks the US is his national friend and wants to defend it. How sad.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

The people cannot raise their own democracy, because if they try to protest for this, they are arrested, their family is beaten and they are sometimes killed. How can you protest for democracy if that will happen to you?

As for your thought that if the people wanted to raise up against the Government power then they would, but isn't that a contradiction of what you say about America and its empire? Why do the oppressed nations not just raise up against them, if thats all it takes of course?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

The people cannot raise their own democracy, because if they try to protest for this, they are arrested, their family is beaten and they are sometimes killed. How can you protest for democracy if that will happen to you?

As for your thought that if the people wanted to raise up against the Government power then they would, but isn't that a contradiction of what you say about America and its empire? Why do the oppressed nations not just raise up against them, if thats all it takes of course?

Then clearly not enough people are protesting. Which indicates that not enough people support such an idea.

I will not answer questions on my beliefs of the US Empire.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
All this talk of "shaming the US", involvement of NATO, Russia, China, etc... is distracting from the actual problem. Yes, I'm sure North Korea feels like a cornered animal seeing as the whole world is putting preasure on them. Yet, some people seem to lose sight that it really is almost the WHOLE world that views NK as a threat. Not ONLY the United States. So there is validity to the concern. The ruling NK regime is not only a threat to neighboring countries, but it's an active threat to it's own people. Instead trying to change, they still actively persue ways to keep others riled.

They have been given MANY chances to actively persue peaceful talks with SK, and at times they agree to drop this whole damned rediculous posturing in order to better themselves, and to feed and house their people. Yet, as soon as things start to look up, they start making threats to get the pot stiring again. All the while accepting aid from the same people they threaten. They can't be happy at peace, so they actively persue war.

A government like this is very unstable, and it would not surprise me one bit if they suddenly decided to launch a nuke at their closest target. They can't reach our shores, so they might try to bring us to theirs.

Keep in mind, that testing a nuke is something you do to test it's ability to detonate, and it's destructive capability. Something we stopped doing decades ago. When we WERE still testing them, it was during a time when we thought we might have to use them. You test a weapon when you plan on the possibility to use it in the near future.
edit on 1-2-2013 by CuriousR because: Added paragraph.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Yeah, convenient that isn't it. So by your own logic, your words here, not mine. Not enough people are protesting against the "American Empire", then by your own submission, the people under the "empire" of America must want them in charge. Why have we been arguing all this time, about the USA, being the oppressors, when you in fact believe that they are wanted by the so called oppressed people.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousR
All this talk of "shaming the US", involvement of NATO, Russia, China, etc... is distracting from the actual problem. Yes, I'm sure North Korea feels like a cornered animal seeing as the whole world is putting preasure on them. Yet, some people seem to lose sight that it really is almost the WHOLE world that views NK as a threat. Not ONLY the United States. So there is validity to the concern. The ruling NK regime is not only a threat to neighboring countries, but it's an active threat to it's own people. Instead trying to change, they still actively persue ways to keep others riled.

They have been given MANY chances to actively persue peaceful talks with SK, and at times they agree to drop this whole damned rediculous posturing in order to better themselves, and to feed and house their people. Yet, as soon as things start to look up, they start making threats to get the pot stiring again. All the while accepting aid from the same people they threaten. They can't be happy at peace, so they actively persue war.

A government like this is very unstable, and it would not surprise me one bit if they suddenly decided to launch a nuke at their closest target. They can't reach our shores, so they might try to bring us to theirs.

They've been around for 50 years, seems pretty stable to me. Why should they accept your "chances"? You have made North Korea a threat. They have never threatened me.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I've read some of his posts in his attempt to argue with you, and I know his type. I agree with you whole heartedly on your oppinion, and I can say for sure there's no point in arguing with someone like him. He's feeding off of it. He's enjoying getting you going. Not as a troll, but as someone who enjoys being dark and cold hearted.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitingRogue
They have never threatened me.

We will never know if that statement is correct will we as you are just hiding behind the cowardice of anonimity. And going by your posts so far, your word certainly isn't one that we can just take as accurate, given the amount of bile you have spewed so far.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

This is the only relpy you will get from me. You know very well they are unstable. If you truely believe they aren't, then you are delusional to some extent. Otherwise, you are just "rooting for the dark side" here.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousR

Oh I am far from riled, in fact I am quite relaxed and are enjoying him makining a complete fool out of himself. Anybody that wanted to push a certain set of beliefs will only improve their cause by delivering their beliefs, with well thought out, constructive opinions, backed up by fact and without the use of derogetory terms, when somebody does not agree with them. If anything, this poster is probably driving people away from what he believes because of his inability to hold any type of constructive argument.
edit on 1-2-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitingRogue
They have never threatened me.

We will never know if that statement is correct will we as you are just hiding behind the cowardice of anonimity. And going by your posts so far, your word certainly isn't one that we can just take as accurate, given the amount of bile you have spewed so far.

My heart is truely hurt by your cold, cruel words. Because I refuse to give my location up, I must be some cruel evil person.

You want to talk about bile? You are the one who thinks he has the right to impose a government on the North Koreans with or without their consent. You are the one who supports the USA in taking over the world.

You are really messed up. And hypocritical. To say I hate you is not enough. There is not a word I can use to describe just how much I dislike you and your supporters.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

This is the only relpy you will get from me. You know very well they are unstable. If you truely believe they aren't, then you are delusional to some extent. Otherwise, you are just "rooting for the dark side" here.

50 years of survival against the US Empire says otherwise.

Take yourself off to somewhere where your presence is wanted.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Agreed. I don't think he's even aware of how many of his own oppinions he's contradicted so far. Oh well... let him stew and mouth a bit, while we get back on topic.

Speaking of the topic at hand, S&F for you O.P.
edit on 1-2-2013 by CuriousR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I am not hypocritical at all, I believe I have made myself quite clear earlier on in this thread, that some of our leaders should be made accountable for War Crimes, specifically refering to the last invasion of Iraq. But because I do not believe in your twisted version of humanity, that makes me the evil one does it? I think not, somehow.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Agreed. I don't think he's even aware of how many of his own oppinions he's contradicted so far. Oh well... let him stew and mouth a bit, while we get back on topic.

Speaking of the topic at hand, S&F for you O.P.
edit on 1-2-2013 by CuriousR because: (no reason given)

I don't think you are even aware of the evil you are defending.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join