It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short, sweet, and to the point.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Why do we limit ourselves SOOOOO much!!

en.wikipedia.org...

Higher consciousness, also called Super consciousness (Yoga), objective consciousness (Gurdjieff), Buddhic consciousness (Theosophy), Cosmic consciousness, God-consciousness (Islam, Hinduism), and Christ consciousness (New Thought), are expressions used in various spiritual and intellectual traditions to denote the consciousness of a human being who has reached a higher level of development and who has come to know reality as it is

They say "Colossians 2:9, For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body" and "Ephesians 3:16-17-18, I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is."

Pretty much: try to understand that you are looking through windows that are the eyes, and experience reality. And if God can see through our eyes, and we can see through our eyes. A=A. God=We. Christ=I. Those with eyes shall read.

Don't limit yourself so much, for Christ has no limits, and he dwells within.

(Not Christian, just best way to say what I'm feeling currently)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Truly inspired post....

A very rare thing for someone to acknowledge the Word of God in such a way.

I wonder if the believers reading this will think: "Its a trap..."

OP: Can you say what inspired you to write this?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I feel very misunderstood. In so many ways. But yet, I have tons of people that agree with me. I just feel for the wrong reasons, can't place my finger on it in a way to exactly know why, just felt like that bit of info should be shared. A recent person told me "Be the change you want to be" by message after an ill-mannered post, I've always said "be the change", but he brought it up. I guess everything happens for a reason. It's a recurring thought of mine, and who else to share it to but my only social group since I moved across state, and I've shared it with people, just no one "listens", I guess. Hahaha

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythfury
I feel very misunderstood. In so many ways. But yet, I have tons of people that agree with me. I just feel for the wrong reasons, can't place my finger on it in a way to exactly know why, just felt like that bit of info should be shared. A recent person told me "Be the change you want to be" by message after an ill-mannered post, I've always said "be the change", but he brought it up. I guess everything happens for a reason. It's a recurring thought of mine, and who else to share it to but my only social group since I moved across state, and I've shared it with people, just no one "listens", I guess. Hahaha

Wow, truly amazing...

This reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite films "Lady in the Water":

"Man thinks they are each alone in this world. It is not true. You are all connected. One act can one day affect all."

There is at LEAST one person here on ATS that is better off for reading your message.

THANKS...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

We are all connected. The subconscious puts the pieces together in your dreams, while giving you something pretty to look at or watch. And your subconscious is connected with everyone and everything. So it's hard to not be connected.

No man, thank you. Your replies are always good. Even in the other threads.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

A recent person told me "Be the change you want to be" by message after an ill-mannered post, I've always said "be the change", but he brought it up. I guess everything happens for a reason. It's a recurring thought of mine, and who else to share it to but my only social group since I moved across state, and I've shared it with people, just no one "listens", I guess. Hahaha

That's a misquoted version of Ghandi's "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Credit should be given to Ghandi.

No one listens because they've heard it all before. You're now on a path only you can venture. It would be wise to let everyone else follow their own. Even if they're headed in the wrong direction, it's still their direction.

Preaching is best left to those who cannot brave the journey by themselves. Avoid preachers and avoid preaching.

As for a 'higher 'consciousness:' don't chase the imaginary. The most tragic of all spiritual endeavours is searching for something that doesn't exist. Limiting oneself to one spiritual goal—enlightenment, nirvana, kingdom of god, higher consciousness etc—is a limitation of the highest order. Tear down those ideals and see things for the way they really are. Remove these limitations.

This is only opinion and advice, whether helpful or not. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Tear down those ideals and see things for the way they really are. Remove these limitations.

And recognize language as the divider it is.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

What if you do not have sight? What if you do not have sound? Are you less "divine/important" since God is not seeing/hearing through you?

Maybe life is just happening but it is our own little flame of hope and dreams in our hearts that keeps us going... Maybe that is the difference between a soul-less robot and a living creature (being able to see passed it surrounding to dream and hopefully achieve a better possible future).

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You three didn't read the post as I intended. So I feel no need to reply to things that are best left for you to figure out. I don't have those questions, nor do I find those conflicts in such a simple correlation. You'll find your answers if you look, otherwise, you'll be running through the dark.

new topics

top topics

join