Facebook is Anti-Gun

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Facebook is Anti-Gun. This thread is not about them going after me personally; it's about Facebook possibly going after MANY people.

However, I'd still like to point out my personal experience so far:
> Some of my pro-gun statuses get put in to the newsfeed midway down the page, instead of on top (even when nobody is online / statuses are not new or updated)

> I am now unable to post anything from Mobile devices (smart phones & anything using the mobile app). This is across the board, on my phone and other people's phones as well.

---
There have been reports of censoring and a lot of accounts being removed for being pro-gun. I urge all of you to watch this issue carefully.




posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx
 


I don't think facebook employees, or anyone for that matter, cares enough about your opinions to actively censor your posts.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Ghostx
 


I don't think facebook employees, or anyone for that matter, cares enough about your opinions to actively censor your posts.

I love when people don't read the first few sentences.
You do realize that this has been largely reported and is most likely based on an automated way to detect information being posted right? You don't actually think I'm dumb enough to think that someone is reading my posts each day?



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Just remember, Facebook can do whatever it's owners want to do.

If we value our freedoms like gun ownership, then we have to protect private property rights also.

That means we have no control over what Facebook does.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I personally have not seen Facebook restrict anything related to firearms. As of late, I have posted pro-gun related statuses and links to articles. I have not seen these posts get moved around or deleted.

Some of my friends in the USMC have posted the same links and also thier own pro-gun views, and they have not had those statuses removed. I have an album showing how I converted my Saiga .223 sporter rifle into an almost AK-74 and that album is still up. (Been up for months).

I really really dont think Facebook is trying to prohibit pro-gun stuff. If they did, I (and most of my friends) would have been banned a long time ago.


CX

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Do you mean regarding opinions on gun ownership or just anything in general about guns?

I ask because i get tons of stuff about HK on mine, and i comment all the time about their products, without a problem.

Never once been censored.

CX.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have an album on my page of my rifles, as well as another of my grandfather`s antique firearm collection. Have never received any complaints or censorship from anybody.

And as far as the Facebook mobile app not working as perhaps you`d like it to... that # happens to everybody.

Take Facebook for what it is. It`s a great way to connect with friends and family, join groups and participate in small social communities with folks who share your interests. It`s also a privately owned and operated venture, and as such, free speech doesn`t really count so much there, and that`s worth being mindful of.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Surprised!! They shouldnt be!

The fact that people are on facebook TPTB dont need a gun.

You are already under their eye!



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I don't think either of those are indication that FB is anti-gun. (Not that it matters to me because I'm against guns too, ha ha!)


Originally posted by Ghostx
> Some of my pro-gun statuses get put in to the newsfeed midway down the page, instead of on top (even when nobody is online / statuses are not new or updated)


That's probably a bug. You should report it and see if they have an explanation.


Originally posted by Ghostx
> I am now unable to post anything from Mobile devices (smart phones & anything using the mobile app). This is across the board, on my phone and other people's phones as well.

---
There have been reports of censoring and a lot of accounts being removed for being pro-gun. I urge all of you to watch this issue carefully.


That's probably the classic hiring-people-to-complain-to-FB-to-get-accounts-suspended technique, isn't it? Heck, they might not even be hired, but anti-gun people who think they're doing it for a noble cause...
edit on 31-1-2013 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostx
Facebook is Anti-Gun. This thread is not about them going after me personally; it's about Facebook possibly going after MANY people.


Facebook is a private company (just because they are publicly traded doesn't change that fact) and can hold whatever stance it wants so long as it doesn't conflict with its board of directors or its shareholders.


However, I'd still like to point out my personal experience so far:
> Some of my pro-gun statuses get put in to the newsfeed midway down the page, instead of on top (even when nobody is online / statuses are not new or updated)


Just as here, you signed up agreeing to their terms or service; did you read them?


There have been reports of censoring and a lot of accounts being removed for being pro-gun. I urge all of you to watch this issue carefully.


Again, it is their service, their site, they can dictate what is and what isn't allowed. It isn't a public square no matter how "public" we may think it is.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Face book is anti gun?

EVERYBODY is anti gun. Apart from Americans
edit on 31-1-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx
 


It's most likely someone on your friends list that disagrees with your point of views and is reporting them as spam. So consider that someone might be trolling you.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I get censored for talking about 9/11 being a jewish conspiracy. none of the evidence i posted got shown on my news feed and whats more some of my statuses were removed without any explanation



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ownbestenemy, you seem to be debating under the assumption that I was proposing a conspiracy, or some large government project. You're debate makes it seem that I am taking a stance of "Facebook is doing crazy things."

I am simply posting my observations, and wondering if anyone else here has noticed anything.
I believe that in order to truly take note of what happens in the world, it is our (and my) obligation to post our own personal findings and perhaps someone else can include them in their separate research/findings.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx
 


Top headline is only for the most views, or took action on posts.

Maybe you don't realize, over 90% of the world is Anti-Gun, heck could be 95%.

So chances are most Facebook users are Anti-gun.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix


EVERYBODY is anti gun. Apart from Americans
edit on 31-1-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)


As a Canadian, I can say with some authority that you're talking clear out of your ass.





new topics
top topics
 
1

log in

join