It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Esquire editor in chief David Granger's mind-blowing Leftisms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Thanks to a friend, I had a chance to read the Esquire magazine February 2013 issue, vol. 159, no. 2. Esquire is a Hearst Magazine. You know, William Randolph Hearst. Remember his granddaughter Patty Hearst? This is some wacko Leftist craziness. Check out what editor in chief David Granger has spewed in his ''Note From David Granger'' editorial.....

Eleven days before Christmas in 2012, I watched President Obama wipe away tears as he vowed to do something about the most recent mass shooting, at an elementary school in Connecticut. He made another pledge at the memorial service two days later to do something. Mr. President: You were resolutely silent through your first term about the carnage inflicted by our unfettered access to weapons that have no purpose other than the taking of human lives. It has become a defining component of the Obama era: our willingness to accommodate this horror, to accept it as the cost of our freedoms. If you have now summoned the resolve necessary to defeat the gun lobby that has paralyzed our political class and to change the culture of the country you lead, then we will stand with you. Only in Washington is taking measures to avert wanton slaughter regarded as an act of courage. Twenty little kids.

This guy is so far Left and so boldly rubbing it in the faces of true Americans, defenders of the Republic, and even the combat soldiers who takes extreme measures to avert wanton slaughter of innocents overseas, as to be treasonous. That paragraph above is disgusting anti-American propaganda. You can pick it apart all you want. I will point out the most shocking bits.....

'' If you have now summoned the resolve necessary to defeat the gun lobby that has paralyzed our political class and to change the culture of the country you lead, then we will stand with you. ''

Who exactly is in David Granger's political class and why the hell would they want to change the culture of this great country?!

These people are really in your face now. They are on a mission.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

belief in gun control is no indicator of a left or right wing political leaning - get off your particular party-political horse and focus on the issue... in another thread i saw someone posting how mussolini and hitler were classic cases of left wing gun control tyrants... sorry, godwins law come around a little early so i apologise for that but wtf dude? do you realize that for most of the world, republican and democrats are both very much right wing parties?

/facepalm

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
This guy is so far Left and so boldly rubbing it in the faces of true Americans, defenders of the Republic, and even the combat soldiers who takes extreme measures to avert wanton slaughter of innocents overseas, as to be treasonous. That paragraph above is disgusting anti-American propaganda. You can pick it apart all you want. I will point out the most shocking bits.....

Well, then the "true" americans should do their thing...get a petition to eject people whom speak their mind from the USA..you know..for 'merika n such...can't have crazy lefty people saying words n stuff that goes against the "real" America (aka, the NRA and various ammo/gun corporations)

Incidently, what exactly is anti-American about him? Did he say guns need to be banned, or gun -culture- needs to be dulled?
Cigarette culture has been attacked over and over...it is now seen as some sort of repulsive thing..its still legal to purchase mind you, but the cigarette being a staplemark of being cool has long since passed and now the typical smoker appears little more than some crackhead huddled in a corner trying to get their smelly fix (I am a smoker btw, and its how I feel when I light up).

So...he is suggesting it would be best to remove the "cool" stigma of owning a gun and reverse it into embarrassing really...which is a good thing. Stop thinking of your hillbilly friends and think about some 15 year old trying to be cool urban kid...if its not cool, he won't be grabbing a gun and showing off...

Guns are tools...but unlike a monkey wrench, this tool has a reputation that draws idiots to it. I think a new way to consider firearms being actually used is needed.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You are not seeing it.

There is a certain group of people that are using politics and media to attempt an overthrow of the United States. They literally want to change the culture of this country, eliminate the economic and military superiority, and eventually leave it in the dust. A major barrier to their ambition is the armed citizenry. Their treachery is paralyzed by the armed citizens.

The bold Leftist talk is all over the radio, newspapers, magazines, television and theater. This country needs to awaken to another Red Scare and realize that the cold war never stopped. It is going to take somebody with power perhaps in the Senate to get the ball rolling.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Esquire is stinking again with their story of a Navy SEAL that has no health insurance. It is the same old tired leftist story.... America bad, guns bad, military bad, no medical care to be found anywhere, ohhh we need to change the culture and change the country.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

I see no difference in what he says to what the NRA says. All they operate on is political ideology. They don't actually care for the outcome, or working together on the solution.

The solution will be bipartisan, not left or right. These fools that are turning this issue into one of class need to be ridiculed. You call him a "Leftist", well do your comments make you a "Rightist"?

his guy is so far Left and so boldly rubbing it in the faces of true Americans, defenders of the Republic, and even the combat soldiers who takes extreme measures to avert wanton slaughter of innocents overseas, as to be treasonous.

The irony here is that you imply that your side is somehow less partisan or extreme than his is.

When if fact it's not.

If you haven't noticed America does have a culture problem. It consumes and wastes and doesn't think of anybody but itself. It even has a hard time taking care of it's own. The government is noneffective and the people act as if powerless to do anything.

You may not consider that culture, but once you've done nothing but the above for more than 50 years, you can safely assume it's part of everyday life.

Solve your extremism and your apathy and you'll fix your nation and it's gun problems all at once.

~Tenth
edit on 2/12/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

top topics

join