It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samurai Otter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I waited and waited for someone to ask about the Otter. No one has, so I will.

(I feel like I'm being set-up, but I'll roll with it, because this has SOMETHING to do with the Sloth, TLDR, and the new natural language heuristic engine that our beloved Skeptic Overlord is working on.)

For the record, samaru.com is for sale.

For the record, "SEO shouldn't matter" translates into plain english, "Search Engine Optimization shouldn't matter."

For the record, this is a pre-release, IMO, of something new they are working on.

My theory?

SEO is related to keywords for searching website indexes on any search engine. It's been the de-facto standard for years now. When you google search, the words you type in are matched against zillions of pages, and your 12 million results in .03 seconds are a result of your words already being stored in an index file.

For the Samurai Otter to say that doesn't matter anymore, well, it indicates to me that better things are to come, and we are once again experiencing cutting edge software development. From the creators of ATS comes the most innovative ideas.

I'd say it was an advertisement, but nothing is clickable. No, this is a devious, yet beneficial development, that ATS is coming out with.

Besides, the Otter is way cooler than the Sloth.

Thoughts? Staff? Any teasers?
edit on 1/31/13 by Druid42 because: wording

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
what?

2nd line, but still confused.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I found this, don't know if it is related or not, seems it should be?

Su Samuru ..keyfe bak

edit on 31-1-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

it's www.samuru.com not samaru Druid... the search engine works nicely, better than google at finding things..

edit on 31-1-2013 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

At 00:12 - "You never seen an otter takin' a bath?"

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

SO posted in a thread yesterday about mr otter.

SAMURU.com the great big ad!

There's some answers there!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks for the link. That answers a lot.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

*facepalm*

Got it now.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Okay this is getting abit silly, this is the 3rd of fourth time the add got changed, I get it this site wants to promote/sell. But serious, if by now noone so this add then they will never see it.

We had grey samuru,
red samuru
red samuru + tldr sloth
now samuru + samuru big add bright red.

Or is is just me who thinks its abit much ?

*Also something i don't understand, I remember that ATS is/got funded by google back in 2004 or 6, wouldn't google mind that your site is now advertising another search engine?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I love this mascot much more than that bedroom-eyed sloth with the bright orange omnipresent link border.
If the search engine gets off the ground, I wonder what effect it will have and just what clever feature the algorithm has in store.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Ok, I can accept that he is a flip-flop-wearing sword-wielding Samurai Otter, but there is one tiny detail that just doesn't sit right with me....

Why isn't the skin on his feet and lower legs the same color as the skin on his hands, forearms, and face? Is he suffering from a case of severe frostbite on his feet and lower legs?

He might as well just go ahead and put that sword to use, and amputate both feet ASAP. At this point, that's his only option.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

They look like black stockings. You know those Japanese socks that have a cleft for the big toe so that those flip-flop style shoes can be worn?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Originally posted by EllaMarina

They look like black stockings. You know those Japanese socks that have a cleft for the big toe so that those flip-flop style shoes can be worn?

That possibility had crossed my mind, but I just can't accept that. lol

It's not only the big toe. If you look at his left foot, you can clearly see each individual toe.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Oh. Weird.
I can hardly accept that a fine warrior like him would wear toe socks either.
It looks like someone intended for it to be bare skin but then at the last moment thought ' stylish black stockings' and clicked on the black color box for the fill. Huh...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Its cool that they used a drawing submitted from a local middleschool as their mascot.

JK JK

But seriously why would i use this over google.....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I like it. I will try it out.

To be honest I was REALLY looking forward to a good alternative to google, by good I mean GOOD, not just NOT GOOGLE. I am turned off with the new policies and the intrusive nature of everything Google.

it is now my home page, as well as default search engine. I am content. I have compared a few searches and it works well, different results than google, but very good.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I would hazard a guess that the ATS crew has, at least in part, developed the Stremor company (or is buddybuddy in some way). I would also hazard a guess that they have developed a new algorithm to crawl webpages with. It has resulted in the Otter and the Sloth having their day in the sun.

Or the Otter and Monkey, depending on who you are. And if you are the right person, might even think the otter is a rat or something.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
tldr sloth was a blatantly ripped off internet meme. i would never actually click on samurai otter or any of the ads god awful looking digital art. whoever made that mascot needs to put his 10$ tablet back in the closet.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by notkmarx
tldr sloth was a blatantly ripped off internet meme. i would never actually click on samurai otter or any of the ads god awful looking digital art. whoever made that mascot needs to put his 10$ tablet back in the closet.

While I respect your opinion, with an avatar like yours I hope you were being sarcastic.

$10 on a tablet or Crayons....take your pick.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join