It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EarthShips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
i was curious how many people out there are into the whole EarthShip thing. i watched the Garbage Warrior the other day. i found it very exciting to see people living like that. self sufficient, OTG, free. does anyone know of any other Earthship subdivisions going up?

how many people here would go for something like this? i dont know if my wife was ACTUALLY excited or just faking it for my benefit, but i could definately go in for something like this. what do you guys say? im sure something like this appeals to a lot of us when it comes to being OTG. but how many could really live like this? i for one would love it. anyone share the interest?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Love earthships. They're my dream.

And since there is enough land for all to have farms and tons left over, why is anyone living without food and energy and means, independence. Greed!!!!

Fishing in the Phoenix Earthship

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Earthships are a great way to build if you have good access to old tires...

Not everywhere has the tires needed to construct and Earthship... I know in the town nearest where I am currently building, lack ANY type recycled sources of materials.
Which means long travel times to get it which start to limit the feasibility.

Another great form of building is Earthbags or the good ole Adobe mud bricks or CEBs.

Great ways of building all contain a great thermal mass for winter heating and summer cooling.

Welcome to the great expanse that is green building.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I dream of building a hobbit house. But my old lady wont let me.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
another video showing earthship construction. they can be built starting cheap and basic and even get as elaborate as "normal" houses.

a website boasts they can be built as low as 5000 USD.

i watched another vid that showed Navy veteran, actor, turned humanitarian Dennis Weaver building his earthship in colorado. 6000 Sqft!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Love the earthships! Here in the west we are looking to buy 40 acres and start a new
off the grid home and community, earth bags are pretty low cost and energy efficient,
so if your in the northern arizona area and looking to take root...PM me.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

i WISH. right now im in Idaho... which sucks. and i cant leave until i get orders of some sort (Air Force). if this is happening in about 10 years, i will definately be down. maybe by then i can get my wife fully on board.

new topics

top topics

join