It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Is there a way to show support for the group Anonymous?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by asinapi1

sure

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Like, monetarily?

You could buy one of those stupid Guy Fawkes masks and look like a pud.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

sure

I deserved that. Haha

I was looking for direction, not yes/no. Lol

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by asinapi1
Is there a way to show support for the group Anonymous?

I think you answered your own question, with the question.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

They have evolved into a group that pushes for Justice on social issues, not just issues pertaining to a select few. When I support a cause of , I want to lend my support. Not like I have much to give, but a simple applause. You get what I mean?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

If you want to support them spread their message. to everyone you can, try to wake people up, talk to your friends and family.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by creatives

I guess I did. But how do they know they have support?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well I can go into an IRC channel where some guys idle and tell them you said thanks!

I'll do it for a nominal $500 per character.

Also, no less than 2000 words. Breaking cover like that is deleterious to ones moral fortitude..

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

OK. I guess I am suffering the effects of the concussion I got today when I got into a car accident. I am not realizing that I can spread the message on my own.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Well I can go into an IRC channel where some guys idle and tell them you said thanks!

I'll do it for a nominal $500 per character.

Also, no less than 2000 words. Breaking cover like that is deleterious to ones moral fortitude..

Let sleep on that. Lol

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by asinapi1
reply to post by DaTroof

They have evolved into a group that pushes for Justice on social issues, not just issues pertaining to a select few. When I support a cause of , I want to lend my support. Not like I have much to give, but a simple applause. You get what I mean?

I get what you mean.

I think on a case-by-case basis, there will be appropriate outlets which Anonymous will support. Those outlets are where to direct your funds/assistance/prayers/etc.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Join one of their facebook pages. Great updates, responses to questions, cheers

www.facebook.com...
edit on 31-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
As a student in the ethical hacker field for the past 5 years here are some point that I would like to add regarding hacking and the group 'Anonymous':-

*Anonymous are a bunch of skids. They use conventional techniques like SQL Injection, DNS Hijacking and RCE to gain access to a remote server and deface a website. The reason that they get so much attention is because the general public is unaware of the fact that 'hacking is not a big deal'.
*Anonymous is evil. They hacked 1000's of Godaddy websites last year which belonged to innocent people just because they wanted to warn the government. They also regularly dump 1000's of Credit Card every other day which belong to innocent public. Do you still want to join them?
*If you want to learn hacking ,please do so but do not aspire to join groups like Anonymous and Lulzsec .Instead find vulnerabilities in major websites like Google, Microsoft ,Apple etc. They will pay you bounty and you are also doing something positive for the community as a whole instead of being a defacer.
*If you would have posted this question in sites like hackforums.net ,you would have been insulted preety bad.
*Hacking sites to warn/attack the government is not the best idea. Remember what happened to the members of Lulzsec?
*The most positive thing about hacking is that you will find so much of information that is being hidden from the public. Not always good information but nevertheless information.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I would tell you,but then I would have to kill you.

...Man...
edit on 31-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

I understand your opinion. I'm not trying to be a hacker or learn. I am not saying I agree with hacking. I just agree with some of their stances and was looking at how I relay that. That's all. Not a major deal.

new topics

top topics

join