It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy weather in Midwest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havox
Same here in Indiana. It went from 70s to 40s-50s, then we had Tornado warnings throughout the night with very strong winds. (About 70mph?) Today it's 28, 16 with wind chill (20mph winds) and snowing.

Thats what I drove home through the other night at 12:30 at night!!! It just wasn't pouring down rain, it was coming down in sheets!!! Check your u2u

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The earth wobbling out of control around the sun. Soon we will meet our demise.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by skorpius

So much for optimism!!

But you are right!!! But I don't think that will happen for a few million of years!!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
OK, We just got a big snow storm, and let me tell you what, the ride home this morning was a little more than nerve wracking, but fun at the same time. My car sits low, and is front wheel drive, I can not understand how I can drive through stuff like that. The wind was blowing and making really high drifts. I was plowing drifts with the fender of my car!!!! It took a little longer to get home, but me and the car made it. Bessie (my car) is a good jalopy.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have lived in NE Indiana my entire life. We lived in three houses on the same street growing up, and am moving out of my current house right now after 30 years.
The weather is normal. Maybe a few degrees here and there, but over the course of my lifetime (52 soon) it's been the same. It's just we don't remember the details year to year.
There are occasional surprises. About 15 years ago, it snowed the last weekend of May.
Last year, we got to below freezing after the flowers bloomed on my fruit trees. This was a catastrophe....it meant no cherry pies!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Where at exactly, I'm almost in the middle of Lake Michigan and Indy. I grew up in Chesterton, and I can remember a snow storm that the snow drift behind the house, as it was the part of the house that faced the lake, only about 2 inches of the 5 foot fence was sticking out the top. Also I really miss some of the thunderstorms that roll off the lake. Probably the only thing I miss about the area. I don't care for it much up there anymore, it's turned into a yuppie suburb of Chicago. Can't find a good job up there either.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join