It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Moonrise Unlike Any You’ve Ever Seen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
A Moonrise Unlike Any You’ve Ever Seen
io9.com

Full Moon Silhouettes is a real time video of the moon rising over the Mount Victoria Lookout in Wellington, New Zealand. People had gathered up there this night to get the best view possible of the moon rising. I captured the video from 2.1km away on the other side of the city. It's something that I've been wanting to photograph for a long time now, and a lot of planning and failed attempts had taken place. Finally, during moon rise on the 28th January 2013, everything fell into place and I got my footage.

No conspiracy here - just the Moon doing it's thing! As a star-gazer I thought this was beautiful - even though I usually have to wait for a new moon before I can engage in my favorite pastime.

Load it up in HD and enjoy!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Wow what I would do to be one of those people on that dock experiencing that... Just wow.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hey, I think I saw a UFO flying out of one of the craters, lol..
Nice video man, seriously.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It is just amazing! It looked like you could almost touch the moon. I would love to experience that sort of moonrise, it's magical.

SnF

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Amazing, and beautiful job positioning yourself.
Thanks for sharing some of your original content.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I thought I was hallucinating, seeing peoples shadows up against the moon as it rose. I never realized the moon could be viewed like that, that big... to be honest, I am a little bit confused.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Now that is what I call pure beauty! I would love to see the moon rise like that.
Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Wow. What a fantastic video... and I LOVE the composition, too... the music fits perfectly, and what an incredible way to capture an amazing moonrise.

Very nice work!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
awesome

took a screen shot so I could have a pic
snf

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
MAGNIFICENT - AWARD WINNING I'll keep it forever ...... Perfect music too. I watched this beautiful harvest moon from my porch that night -it as mesmerizing!!!

Thank you for sharing ...... S&F

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Sweet as Bro!!! lol.

Awesome spectacle, well captured, with a great choice of music. Well done!

It must have taken your breath away.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Amazing it felt like you could have fallen off the earth watching that, makes you realize we are just Tennents on this planet.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Thank you thank you thank you. Beautiful work. These are the types of items I love to show students. I love to let them sit for a few minutes and watch something that relates to our earth. The people added the finishing touch - they were just being people - milling about and trying to get a good position and generally just hanging out together with the moon in all her glory.

Much Peace...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The only thing that could have made that better is them all doing "Gangnam style," in silhouette! Haha, just joking, thanks for letting me appreciate some of the beauty you have captured. I love the music, it made me glad to be alive for those moments...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Something magnificent about seeing this, in this view, in real time.

People going about their normal site-seeing, an impossible interaction between Earth and our 250K-mile-away satellite companion.

Hard to describe why this is so compelling.

Simply beautiful, man.
(S&F)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

impressive!,thank you for sharing such a experience.you were correct,unlike any i have seen.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow! That was amazing to watch! I had no idea that the moon could be viewed like that from earth. Great job on the video!

So is it just on one certain day that it is like this? And why just this location? I am blown away!

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Beautiful! But could you explain to me like I'm an idiot how you get the moon to appear so large? I've never understood that about these kind of photo shots.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Very cool, thanks for sharing. The moon is beautiful and mysterious to me, and many times I've tried to get a shot of the moon, but it never does it justice. This does!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Play this with the Empire Theme over it and it takes on a totally different yet still awesome feeling. Try to start them as close together as possible. Feel free to substitute another recording but this one was perfectly timed. Not the most flawless performance but still quite enjoyable.

edit on 31-1-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join