It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Guns and gangs. Haven't read anything from the Left about that. Certainly nothing from Congress. But with FBI statistics showing more than 1,500,000 members of recognized gangs across the nation and something like 33,000 recognized gangs in the FBI's stats, you'd think Gun Control advocates would list these as a major target of their efforts, especially since gang activity is responsible for at least 48% of criminal and violent activity throughout the US. 
You'd be wrong.
- 100% of cities with population greater than or equal to 250,000 reported gang activity in 2001
- 85% of cities with population between 100,000 and 229,999 reported gang activity in 2001
- 65% of cities with population between 50,000 and 99,999 reported gang activity in 2001
- 44% of cities with population between 25,000 and 49,999 reported gang activity in 2001
- 20% of cities with population between 2,500 and 24,999 reported gang activity in 2001
- 35% of suburban counties reported gang activity in 2001
- 11% of rural counties reported gang activity in 2001
- 95% of the jurisdictions reporting gang activity in 2001 had also reported gang activity in previous survey years 3,000 jurisdictions across the US are estimated to have had gang activity in 2001
- 56% of cities with population greater than or equal to 100,000 reported an increase or no significant change in the number of gang members in 2001
- 42% of cities with a population of at least 25,000 reported an increase in the number of gang members
- 45% of cities with a population of at least 25,000 reported an increase in the number of gangs from the previous two years
- 69% of cities with population at least 100,000 reported having gang related homicides in 2001
- 37% of cities with population between 50,000 and 99,999 reported having gang related homicides in 2001
- 59% of all homicides in 2001 in Los Angeles and
- 53% in Chicago were gang related, there was a total of 698 gang related homicides in there two cities combined, whereas 130 other cities with population of at least 100,000 with gang problems reported having a total of 637 homicides among them 
Reports about you and me and our AR-15s and AKs? All over the front page. Gangs with rocket launchers and grenades in the gun control newspeak? Bupkus. You and I and our Glocks? Terrified reporters breathless with passion for gun control. Gangs with Glocks? Nada. You and I, presuming you may be religious, a veteran of armed service or a defender of the Second Amendment are now listed with Homeland Security as a threat to National Security, a potential terrorist. Lumped in there with the likes of Hamas, Shining Path, MS-13 and the Hells Angels. But right now we're not hearing anything about trying to take guns away from the Mongols. No. You're not hearing some rip and read talking head demanding MS-13 be disarmed. You and me, yes. Insanely violent drug gangs? Shhh. No gun control for them, they might do something.
Originally posted by Lunarian
It'll be about as effective as Drug control. Because we all know how astonishingly effective that has been.
Originally posted by neoholographic
How will gun control reduce gang violence?
Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by neoholographic
It will increase gang violence against the police. When you get a lot more people running guns like they did liquor in the thirties. And combine that with today's get rich or die try'in thug attitude ? What you will have is a lot more DEAD COPS !