I'm sick and tired of people telling me I can't be British because I'm a Muslim.

page: 2
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sajuek
Thank you very much to all for your kind words.

reply to post by Jepic
 


Yes, I am British on paper. On my birth certificate, on the passport I hold to the only country I do and ever will hold citizenship to it says I am. On my drivers license, university degree and every other piece of documentation I have ever received it tells me the exact same thing.

If however, your suggestion was that I am -only- British on paper, and despite anyone's background they can only be a citizen to their very genetic origins. I suppose it's only fair I go to India and you can head back to Italy, Norway or France. Or Africa if you're feeling really old school.


I have Germanic blood so I quite belong to the UK among other countries in Europe. But if people took your advice this would be a much better world because instead of running from their countries' problems they would actually start giving a damn to make it a better place. Plus we would not have these immigration problems we see around the world.




posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

I have Germanic blood so I quite belong to the UK among other countries in Europe. But if people took your advice this would be a much better world because instead of running from their countries' problems they would actually start giving a damn to make it a better place. Plus we would not have these immigration problems we see around the world.


No one in my family ran from anything. My great grandfathers chose to move to the British Isles rather than follow India into its independence as it wasn't in line with their beliefs and it's not why or for whom either of them served a 40 year military career. So instead, they actually stuck with our country rather than side with disagreeable secessionists.

Most of the immigration problems seen around the world are simply matters of perception and I have spoken to more than 1 business owner whose livelihood has been saved by the unskilled yet vital labour provided by Poles, Pakistanis and assorted Eastern-Europeaners simply because they are more motivated, work harder, are more timely and generally more efficient as they feel proud to be there, rather than obliged to which is the feeling most people who have lived a life of self-entitlement feel when presented with a near-minimum wage job.

I'm a big advocate on strict immigration control, in that it needs to be properly gauged. But modern economies and culture thrives off of immigration, and imported labour of all skill levels is a great positive boom for all involved.



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Why would you even want to be British by the sounds of it??

I'd be telling these people they are living jokes..

And in the end, you're a human being living on planet Earth

I'm Norman French, Irish, Hawaiian and 100% Canadian.
But I understand those are all just labels for groups of people from different places, that's it.

edit on 1-2-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
A couple years ago I went to my local Islamic Center and volunteered for the summer. The same thing happened to me but in the opposite way:
"So where are you from?"

"oh Im from here"

"yes but where are you originally from?"

"Here...Im American"

"Wait, youre american!? With like a birth certificate and everything??"

"Ya....."

And then in the excitement they tried to give me a job


Its people everywhere, I personally found my encounter funny. Put a scarf over my hair and suddenly I was no longer a little American girl! Because obviously white people cant be Muslims, and Muslims cant be real Brits



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sajuek
 





So I'm a British born Muslim of Indian descent


You would be an honored guest at my home if you could speak the British accent mixed with an Indian accent. I love both accents!


Come on, make a video of you talking!



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by sajuek
 


I'm confused.

Muslims are forbidden to drink alcohol.

You're meeting idiots in a pub.

What gives.





Fundamentalist Muslim or Moderate? Moderate is the majority except for a certain militarized PTB element attempting to enslave people. And that would be like any other Christian who derives strength and comfort from faith. Its not the same thing as wishing to live under an ancient theocracy or follow norms of another time, with dress or food. They also have Christ in their scriptures as well, and he drank wine. So, I don't know it all depends on if a person a person is a Moderate or a Fundamentalist of any religion.

The problem with a world full of modern moderates in all religions is Unity can be attained and we wouldn't need Big Daddy's Control then would we?
edit on 2-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'd be yourself. Be water, flow yourself, and try not too get into it with others who are confused, and in boxes. Everyone is in their own boxes. Go within and pray, seek and find ways to communicate effectively but also how to withdraw from weird conversations. I believe they're just spouting the control division grid that TPTB want us in. For if we were living in a higher frequency, self reliant and yet sharing with those in need, and with abundance and finding good solution, we wouldn't even need them, ie elite governance. So they always program people. You could say, "We're one family under the heavens, its styles that separate man", ie Bruce Lee, and ask what program is in them from the Leaders to cause them to make division with you?



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sajuek

Originally posted by Jepic

I have Germanic blood so I quite belong to the UK among other countries in Europe. But if people took your advice this would be a much better world because instead of running from their countries' problems they would actually start giving a damn to make it a better place. Plus we would not have these immigration problems we see around the world.


No one in my family ran from anything. My great grandfathers chose to move to the British Isles rather than follow India into its independence as it wasn't in line with their beliefs and it's not why or for whom either of them served a 40 year military career. So instead, they actually stuck with our country rather than side with disagreeable secessionists.

Most of the immigration problems seen around the world are simply matters of perception and I have spoken to more than 1 business owner whose livelihood has been saved by the unskilled yet vital labour provided by Poles, Pakistanis and assorted Eastern-Europeaners simply because they are more motivated, work harder, are more timely and generally more efficient as they feel proud to be there, rather than obliged to which is the feeling most people who have lived a life of self-entitlement feel when presented with a near-minimum wage job.

I'm a big advocate on strict immigration control, in that it needs to be properly gauged. But modern economies and culture thrives off of immigration, and imported labour of all skill levels is a great positive boom for all involved.


So basically I'm right. Your parents moved here because things were getting a bit too edgy for them over there and instead of staying and fighting to change their county for the better, they took the easy way out; abandoned their own people and country.

Until immigration laws are toughened up it is not perception but a real threat to Europe. Don't have a problem with poles or Eastern European people. I do have a problem with people outside of Europe whom are flooding the place slowly but surely.



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic
 


No and you couldn't be more wrong, try actually reading what I'm saying. My Great Grandfathers moved over here because there was a revolution taking place, which was ideologically opposed to them in every way, kicking their government (The British Raj) out. "Their Country" and "Their people" were Great Britain, so in fact they didn't take the easy way out - they took the hard way out by remaining loyal to their country no matter what in order to make IT a better place with their skills and services, they threw away everything that was familiar to them for the sole purpose of joining the people they were loyal to for their entire lives, who they killed for to keep safe.

So the easy way out would have been to stay. To abandon their people and renounce their citizenship. But instead they held true and fueled by loyalty alone took a greater step than you've ever had to even consider for the sake of following their home.

The only reason you make a distinction between European immigration being okay and non-European immigration being not-okay is because brown people scares you.

Although, between me and my 6 brothers, 4 of us have taken a wife who is White British (I always had a things for blondes) and all of them readily converted to Islam for the privilege, so where do you draw the line between who's British and who isn't? We're here to stay many with a fierce cultural identity which resonates strongly with the UK and I think it's just one of those things you will need to get used to.
edit on 3-2-2013 by sajuek because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sajuek
reply to post by Jepic
 


No and you couldn't be more wrong, try actually reading what I'm saying. My Great Grandfathers moved over here because there was a revolution taking place, which was ideologically opposed to them in every way, kicking their government (The British Raj) out. "Their Country" and "Their people" were Great Britain, so in fact they didn't take the easy way out - they took the hard way out by remaining loyal to their country no matter what in order to make IT a better place with their skills and services, they threw away everything that was familiar to them for the sole purpose of joining the people they were loyal to for their entire lives, who they killed for to keep safe.

So the easy way out would have been to stay. To abandon their people and renounce their citizenship. But instead they held true and fueled by loyalty alone took a greater step than you've ever had to even consider for the sake of following their home.

The only reason you make a distinction between European immigration being okay and non-European immigration being not-okay is because brown people scares you.

Although, between me and my 6 brothers, 4 of us have taken a wife who is White British (I always had a things for blondes) and all of them readily converted to Islam for the privilege, so where do you draw the line between who's British and who isn't? We're here to stay many with a fierce cultural identity which resonates strongly with the UK and I think it's just one of those things you will need to get used to.
edit on 3-2-2013 by sajuek because: (no reason given)


If your great grandfathers were Indian then they took the easy way out by coming to the British isles. If there was a revolution taking place, the hard thing would be to stay and fight. The easy way would be to take a plane and run from the problem.

More and more European people are getting fed up with the flooding from non- European countries. I'm not going to get used to it because I'm very certain that if this problem gets worse, we will deal with it. Scared of brown people? Apparently you haven't been to Italy and Greece of which by the way I also come from.



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Moreover than of Indian heritage, they were British subjects/citizens and so was everyone in their family for as far back as they could see. Would you honestly support a revolution you had absolutely no material or ideological stake in which would mean that you'd betray the crown you just fought a 6 year war for and to who you swore an oath to? Just because that's where you were currently residing? If Northern Ireland today had a revolution, would you chastise every single person who chose to come to the UK instead of shooting British police officers and burning down anything which flew a Union Jack?

Your threats of a unilateral holocaust against Middle-Eastern people who the Daily Mail make you feel uncomfortable about is truly heartwarming by the way. Thankfully for everyone involved it's not a sentiment held by anyone apart from cowardly armchair racists and bigoted EDF/BNP members.
edit on 4-2-2013 by sajuek because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sajuek
 


A properly stoic British answer would have been that it's no one's business but yours.

The world needs much more of it: stoicism.



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sajuek
Moreover than of Indian heritage, they were British subjects/citizens and so was everyone in their family for as far back as they could see. Would you honestly support a revolution you had absolutely no material or ideological stake in which would mean that you'd betray the crown you just fought a 6 year war for and to who you swore an oath to? Just because that's where you were currently residing? If Northern Ireland today had a revolution, would you chastise every single person who chose to come to the UK instead of shooting British police officers and burning down anything which flew a Union Jack?

Your threats of a unilateral holocaust against Middle-Eastern people who the Daily Mail make you feel uncomfortable about is truly heartwarming by the way. Thankfully for everyone involved it's not a sentiment held by anyone apart from cowardly armchair racists and bigoted EDF/BNP members.
edit on 4-2-2013 by sajuek because: (no reason given)


Heritage is more important than citizenship. If there was a revolution taking place in India and you are Indian genetically by blood, you stay and fight for India. It's the right thing to do. The same goes for Irish people. They should stay and fight with their people, for their people instead of coming to England, Wales or Scotland.

Whatever happened to fighting for your race and ancestry...

Holocaust? Must you label me a mass murderer? Simple deportation will do if the problem becomes too big.



posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic
 


Unfortunately it has become terribly unfashionable to be proud of your origins unless you are a minority. I hate to say it but it's the truth.

I'm not saying we should return to the old days. I'm saying some attitudes about ethnicity are okay. There is no reason people shouldn't be proud of where they came from no matter who they are.



posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
A nation/country is JUST a geographical location. That is all. If you want to get technical, then, for example, Australians aren't really Australians (convicts). The Americans are not Americans (convicts, outcasts, settlers). Actually, we're all descendants of the first people to leave the African continent.

To the OP: divert your attentions away from the ignorant, racist, moronic, self-conscious wankers who think they have to right to even question you about anything! It's not worth your time or trouble. Use your mind to build your success and progress through life and associate with those that have the ability to see beyond ethnicity.



posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic
 


This coming from a person who says he emigrated to the UK?


Originally posted by Creep Thumper
reply to post by sajuek
 


A properly stoic British answer would have been that it's no one's business but yours.

The world needs much more of it: stoicism.


Hear, hear!
edit on 25-2-2013 by roblot because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sajuek
 


What you have to realize, is that in modern history, several atrocious acts have been committed by those who identify themselves as muslims. The muslim community (at large) has never really come forward in a united stance of decrying these acts, so the only picture of what muslims are (to the general populace) comes from these acts, movies, etc.

Personally, I'm a true-blood American (can trace my family being in America to 1608), but I've lived in the Middle East, and known many muslims. Most (nearly all) are NOT like the very vocal minority of extremists we see on the news. However, most others have not benefited from this contact, so have to make their own conclusions based on what they see.

Don't like the stereotyping? Persuade your fellows to be more vocal in educating the populace about who you are, and what you stand for. It is happening, slowly but surely, with some shows showing different sides to what it means to be muslim...but it will take time...sorry.



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by roblot
reply to post by Jepic
 


This coming from a person who says he emigrated to the UK?


Originally posted by Creep Thumper
reply to post by sajuek
 


A properly stoic British answer would have been that it's no one's business but yours.

The world needs much more of it: stoicism.


Hear, hear!
edit on 25-2-2013 by roblot because: (no reason given)


Yep. However my blood comes from all over Europe. Including the British isles. So I didn't emigrate to any place that is not of my natural heritage. And I've said many times that I will not hesitate to fight for my people if things get tough. One thing is certain. I won't flee and let my people down.





new topics
 
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join