It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Excise Tax on Retail Receipts Show How We’re Screwed by Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by xedocodex

Cabela's has even released a statement about it.

So what does health care have to do with raising taxes on manufacturers of fishing poles and fishing equipment as well as bow and arrows and coal????

Your own post....it is about taxing the manufacturers.........

Your condecending attitude still fails to show how your saviors health care bill has anything to do with taxing sporting goods manufacturers!

Mistake or Warning, take it as you will.

edit on 30-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

Cabela's admitted they made a mistake...if you have an issue with that, take it up with them...not me.

Are you so deep in your ideological thinking that you can't even admit facts?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Cabela's admitted they made a mistake...if you have an issue with that, take it up with them...not me.

Are you so deep in your ideological thinking that you can't even admit facts?

Not as deep as you!

The fact is at this point, you are deflecting to protect your savior as usual!

Mistake or not on the part of Cabellas, why in the hell are companys that I listed in my OP being taxed under a supposedly health care bill?????

Everything I got was from a Q&A on the medical equipment tax from the IRS website. As I already explained to another person who worships the same idol as do you!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Mistake or not on the part of Cabellas, why in the hell are companys that I listed in my OP being taxed under a supposedly health care bill?????

They're not.

Just because you don't comprehend what you are reading, doesn't mean what you mistakenly think is true.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Humans are not the only ones to be affected by the prolific new taxes and tax increases about to take effect in 2013 to service the massive costs associated with the Affordable Care Act. According to a new rule recently published by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), certain medical devices that have been formally approved for use in human medicine, but that are also used in veterinary care, will be subject to the new 2.3 percent medical device tax.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I love this idea but I've always wanted to take it further and have the federal government provide us with an itemized reciept on April 15 letting us know everything our federal taxes have gone to. State and local should do this too.
I tend to think that people would think harder about who they vote for when they know exactly where their money is going.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

edit on 30-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: nevermind, no point in trying to point out what I have already proven to a shill

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Seriously?

What is the difference?

It's going to cost us more.....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Huuuuuuuuuh?

How is fishing equipment a "medical" device?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Go to the IRS link in the OP's post.
Click on the 510 link.
Go to page 32 & 33.

I don't know what the current taxes are now for these items, but here's a fun bit for you:
Bows, Quivers, Broadheads, and Points
The tax on bows is 11% (.11) of the sales price. The tax is paid by the manufacturer, producer, or importer. It applies to bows having a peak draw weight of 30 pounds or more. The tax is also imposed on the sale of any part or acces-sory suitable for inclusion in or attachment to a taxable bow and any quiver, broadhead, or point suitable for use with arrows described be

WTH? That's more than 2.3%. Is that maybe what it is now (11%) and they are going to add the 2.3%. No matter what, manufacturers are going to be raising their prices, which will affect us.

I've already learned how bad this bill is, from our accountants at work. The more I learn, the worse it gets. We are screwed!!!1

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Huuuuuuuuuh?

The same way pizza is a vegetable

Just pay your taxes like a good citizen, and leave the difficult questions to those in charge to take care of you. They know what they're doing.

edit on 31-1-2013 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat

Huuuuuuuuuh?

The same way pizza is a vegetable

Just pay your taxes like a good citizen, and leave the difficult questions to those in charge to take care of you. They know what they're doing.

edit on 31-1-2013 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

Ooooooooh, I know, I know.. fishing relieves stress and stress is a contributing factor to heart attacks?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Huuuuuuuuuh?

It isn't - the OP is mistaken and that is not what the document says at all as I pointed out.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

What you got wrong is that all that sporting equipment is somehow "medical equipment"

How did I get it wrong? I took my evidence right from the IRS website and their links!

A3. The tax is 2.3 percent of the sale price of the taxable medical device. See Chapter 5 of IRS Publication 510, Excise Taxes, and Notice 2012-77 for additional information on the determination of sale price

Notice "See Chapter 5 of IRS Publication 510"?

If you would have clicked on the link in my original OP, you would have seen what Chapter 5 entails!

Before you answer, I got this from a Q&A on "Medical Device Excise Tax: Frequently Asked Questions"??????

Yes..I followed your links and downloaded the document.

but what is it that you are being referred to that Chapter 5 for?

Is it to obtain a definition of what constitutes medical equipment?

no, it is not

It is "for additional information on the determination of sale price" - the tax is on the sale proce, if you want to know what "sale price" is then here is a docuemtn that has additional information on what constitutes "sale price"

honestly - the reason you are wrong is right there in your own posts!!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ok, I see why the OP and myself were confused by the IRS Excise info.
They don't actually have the medical equipment section listed in there yet. That is all the stuff that already has been taxed.
(Still can't believe how high the tax is on that stuff!!!!)

Here is a link to the definitions of the medical equipment
www.irs.gov...

So please forgive my above post.

And it would have been nice, for the people telling the OP how wrong he was, to actually post the info I found, to help everyone understand.

edit on 31-1-2013 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Well done for finding that info - but there is nothing wrong with pointing out an obvious error in a reasonably polite manner - that is a reasonable thing to do whether the additional info is provided or not.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Wow, so that's how they are going to subsidize it. When is enough enough. All in the name of giving us better medical coverage. The serpents lie.
edit on 3-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join