It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAMURU.com the great big ad!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
ok, so i went to the page, i searched for my own website, it didnt show up!

how do i submit a URL?

(:

anyone else finding what they look for?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I would start here

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
so i read it, and to be honest it told me nothing.

i just want to know if you add a URL like other search engines, OR if there is something else at play.

how do i get found in your search engine?
why does SEO not matter?

im interested in this as it is somethign i may use more than your other offerings.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hmmm, any chance of making this ad a normal banner? Annoying as h*ll and so cartoonish it drops the average IQ of the site 10 points!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsGoViking

Is it possible to have a negative IQ?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I went and tried it out.

I searched for "samuru"...it couldn't find itself.

www.samuru.com...

I don't know, I feel a bit odd about using a search engine that can't find itself.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm amazed at how many of us find this site and stay.

No disrespect, just upon a second glance I could see a part of myself in another time not taking the time to look through the content on the grounds of the design alone.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

ok, so i went to the page, i searched for my own website, it didnt show up!

how do i submit a URL?

Samuru site search

Samuru works just as well on single domains as it does on the entire Internet. Give your users better results and keep more traffic. Samuru site search is currently by invite-only. If you'd like your website to be considered, please contact Stremor to submit your domain for review.

Stremor Samuru

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sloth... Otter...is a platypus or an Aye Aye Lemur next?? Im sensing a theme here.

My daughter informed me that there is a pokemon Samurai Otter.. Samurott.

Hey, S.O.
I vote for the next logo critter to be an Aye Aye..

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
EDIT: Maybe I'm wrong, I thought this thread was about the ads here. Never mind.

What's with all these ads creeping in on even signed-in users? I've never clicked on an ad. And now there are red arms leaning into the sides of the page. And I just saw my first float-in ad as a signed-in user. And what's with that geico lizard anyway, do they think talking with a british accent makes it loveable? Where's the beef?
edit on 30-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

comparing one search query with the exact same search query on google..

quite different results.

I'll leave it up to whoever to determine what that search query was.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Sloth... Otter...is a platypus or an Aye Aye Lemur next?

Lemur, maybe.

It just sort of happened that way. Short, memorable domains are in short supply (pun?) so we were running through available names that had recently expired, and samuru sort of popped out.

"Samuru" is the name of a (possibly) real Japanese Samurai who thought he was a god.

"Samuru" in a couple of languages is a river otter. Samurai otter -- how cool is that?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
As for questions about the search engine.

It's been in a "private beta" for a couple months, now it's public beta.

Some obscure searches will still be difficult, but many of the more day-to-day searches should be much better than Google, Bing, Duck Duck Go, etc.

The goal is to place importance on the value of content and how it heuristically matches the user's search. A tough nut to crack but someone has to do it... search is broken, it's easy to game.

We're working on indexing all of ATS so that this massive 4 million page site is the first site-search candidate. Some early tests are much better than the search we have now.

As for the ad... there's no click, no tracking, just the URL if you so choose to enter it. What's to complain about?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Not so much a complaint from me as an observation. UI-wise it's just tacky. But, it's your digs, so decorate it anyway you want!

Cheers,

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Oh, that sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing the new ATS search function.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Results by authority, not popularity

My tinfoil hat senses are tingling

edit on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 05:41:20 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Will it be similar to Ixquick in its anonymity/privacy?

On June 27, 2006, following Scroogle, Ixquick.com became yet another search engine to delete private details of its users.[7] IP addresses and other personal information are deleted within 48 hours of a search.[8] Ixquick has stated that it does not share its users' "personal information" with other search engines or with the provider of its sponsored results.[9][10]

Ixquick was awarded the first European Privacy Seal (EuroPriSe) for its privacy practices on July 14, 2008.[11] This European Union-sponsored initiative guarantees compliance with EU laws and regulations on data security and privacy, through a series of design and technical audits.[12]

On January 28, 2009, Ixquick completely ended the recording of user IP addresses

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Better since we're not keeping server logs at all. So there's nothing to delete.

Future feature roll-outs will include an opt-in registration where users can define search preferences and how we keep a search history which would be used to help users find previous searches, as well as refine the heuristics based on search tendencies. But thus far, no user data will be stored.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
why does SEO not matter?

Because search results should not be "gameable."

We believe we have a very solid start on a transformative search technology where the only way to "game" it is by actually writing quality material.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I think SEO started out as a great idea, but got way way out of hand. Especially once the whole "pay to get on top of our search list" started. You know, getting in on this novel search idea on the ground floor might end up filling some pockets bigtime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join