It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pancreatic Cancers Use Fructose, (HFCS) Common in a Western Diet, to Fuel Growth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

you would do well to debate my points, not my spelling,
you will receive no points here for that taktic

lol

Besides, what makes you think rates matter? Are you just 'amusing' that they do?

keep asking the hard questions

xploder

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

• Glucose is essential to human metabolism. You can't live without it.

• You don't have to intake sugar, or any glucose from the diet to survive. Your body manufactures glucose. The brain can be converted from using mostly glucose, to mostly ketones.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:54 PM
    link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

• You don't have to intake sugar, or any glucose from the diet to survive. Your body manufactures glucose. The brain can be converted from using mostly glucose, to mostly ketones.

in the case you point out,
    ketones would "rid" the body of excess fat or stored sugars,
    a good way to lose weight, and to lower blood sugars after the initial "removal" of fats and sugars from the system

note a doctor should always be consulted prior to change in diet,
    i am not a doctor and this is not intended as dietary or medical advice.

this is a debate forum only

xploder

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:22 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Astyanax

there is a link in sugars that cant be processed and high glucose levels doubling the chance of cancer,

if the insulin released is more for longer and faster spikes this would lead me to conclude that the sugars from HFCS are in the blood stream for longer and therfore pose a larger risk for feeding cancers,

Sugars are needed to provide us with energy and in moderate amounts contribute to our well-being. Sustained high levels of sugars, as is found in diabetics, damages our cells and now is shown that can also increase our chance to get cancer: The dose makes the poison as Paracelsus said.

Read more at: medicalxpress.com...

medxpress

Scientists led by Dr. Custodia Garcia-Jimenez at the University Rey Juan Carlos in Madrid have uncovered a key mechanism that links obesity and diabetes with cancer: high sugar levels, which increase activity of a gene widely implicated in cancer progression. Dr Garcia Jimenez's laboratory was studying how cells in the intestine respond to sugars and signal to the pancreas to release insulin, the key hormone that controls blood sugar levels. Sugars in the intestine trigger cells to release a hormone called GIP that enhances insulin release by the pancreas. In a study published in Molecular Cell, Dr Garcia Jimenez's team showed that the ability of the intestinal cells to secrete GIP is controlled by a protein called β-catenin, and that the activity of β-catenin is strictly dependent on sugar levels.

Read more at: medicalxpress.com...

same link

if you consider the body reacts to the level of sugars detected in the gut, and generates an insulin response
    the two are intimatly connected

ps im still looking for the other studies

xploder

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:55 PM
    link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by pteridine
    reply to post by XPLodER

Fructose is sugar found in fruit.

High fructose corn syrup is a mixture of fructose and glucose and is chemically most similar to honey.

Is there a recommended diet that doesn't contain fructose?

whole or raw foods that are not GMOs or processed
    currently there is no way of knowing as most food companies say if they disclosed their ingredients it would compromise their "trade secrets" in recipes,

hence the need for an app

xploder

Thanks for this post, I am a huge fan of food awareness. You are correct with how bad HFCS is, and it has many bad processed food relatives as well.

I can't get my mind around why you need an "app" to tell you if your food contains HFCS?

Food today requires labeling (how accurate it is.. who knows) -- You should read the label on the food and look for "High Fructose Corn Syrup". If it says that, then you know what it contains, no "app" needed.

If you really want to avoid HFCS and other crap served as "food"' then just avoid processed foods. Cook everything from scratch so you know what is in it. If a person eats processed foods every day, HFCS is just one of many poisons to worry about...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:00 PM
    link   

Before the crazies descend in their hypochondriacal hordes, let it please be noted that
    • Cancers, and not just pancreatic ones, also use glucose to fuel their growth. It says so right there in the linked article.

• Sucrose, fructose and glucose are all grist to cancer's mill.

• Cancer is not something strange or unnatural. It is nature's way of getting rid of malfunctioning organisms that have lived long past their use-by date (which humans reach around age 40).

You can get back to the usual ignorance-affirming, spleen-venting, panic-mongering nonsense now.

edit on 31/1/13 by Astyanax because: of spleen. Sorry, pancreas.

Agreed cancers use sugars to fuel their growth.

I will say that cancer is unnatural in an environment where people live naturally. To point, I think you will be hard pressed to find many cases of cancer in remote villages that eat and live naturally, off the land. Having been to those kind of villages here, cancer is unknown. 80 year olds go up and down the mountain carrying 20+ kilos of whatever.

In the Westernized societes I can understand cancer at 40 or younger, because people don't know what they are eating, and don't really care as long as it tastes good.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:25 PM
    link   
    It is the amount of sugar that we are presently using that causes the problem. Glucose can be taken directly in and used but fructose turns to acetaldehyde like alcohol does and needs to be processed. Some people can process it well without the body having to store it as fat. If the fat does not uptake the acetaldehyde and the enzyme to break it down is low, you get a headache and the sugar levels in the blood increase. I don't know why only fructose would feed cancer, it seems like the acetaldehyde could be used to kill cells if needed. A couple of mineral supplements and the dehydrogenase enzyme works fine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join