It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry already picking his cabinet: Sen. Biden asked to be Secretary of State...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Thank you Thank you Kerry! That just cost you some votes!

Kerry to opt for the senator who copied Kinnock

THE man whose presidential ambitions were destroyed when he plagiarised Neil Kinnock is set to become America’s chief foreign policymaker if John Kerry is elected President next Tuesday.
Senator Joseph Biden of Delaware has been asked by Mr Kerry to become Secretary of State in a Democratic administration, according to Kerry campaign aides. Mr Biden, the leading Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for the past four years, ran for President in 1988. His campaign ended abruptly when it was revealed that a key element of his stump speech had been lifted directly from Mr Kinnock’s general election speeches in 1987.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 28-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 29-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
By this time before elections in 2000, Bush and Cheney had entire cabinet picked AND a makeshift white house downtown Washington DC.

You go, Kerry! You the Man!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
By this time before elections in 2000, Bush and Cheney had entire cabinet picked AND a makeshift white house downtown Washington DC.

Yeah he is picking REAL winners! hahahahhahahahah

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Please no ALL-CAPS in the thread title. Thanks…

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Please no ALL-CAPS in the thread title. Thanks…

Ok fixed as requested...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
well Bush is no champion at picking his cabinet either just look at wolfowitz, boucher, Abraham, Rumsfeld the list goes on!

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by dgtempe

Yeah he is picking REAL winners! hahahahhahahahah

well do you want to talk about Bushes winners? Donald Rumsfeild who allowed the prison scandal in Iraq to happen, yeah sounds like Bush picks real winners too!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   

well do you want to talk about Bushes winners? Donald Rumsfeild who allowed the prison scandal in Iraq to happen, yeah sounds like Bush picks real winners too!

Dubya had his cabinet picked over a decade ago.
Well, I guess some of them were a bit slippery. Better use the pinky.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
All speculation aside, this is hardly confirmed:

Mr Biden’s possible elevation is one of the thousands of permutations circulating in Washington in the final days before the presidential election.

There are countless possiblities for the dream team of all positions from a long list of names including Dems, Republicans, Libertarian leaning Bob Barr and military leaders.

The push in the Kerry camp is for a true "uniter" administration. Not lip service. Though some will hate it no matter what I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And if it is true?

Any responsible candidate would be actively floating ideas for Cabinet positions for a while. You don't wait for January 19th at 11:59 to make such decisions. As Rant said, this particular one is hardly confirmed and might just be an idea the Kerry campaign is considering. Nothing wrong with wanting to be prepared, I can respect that.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Candidates always have their potentials lined up before
they get into office. But I'm surprised he picked Biden.
I figured he'd 'pay off' Hillary with the Secretary of State slot.

REF: Biden and the plagairism - there was an article here
two days ago about Kerry doing a good amount of plagairism
too. Guess birds of a feather ....

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Flyers, an interesting thought, however, from my knowledge of Ms. Clinton and her career and future ambitions I highly doubt she will take that position. Granted, both positions (her current senate spot and sec of state) wield quite a lot of power. But if she were to take a Sec of State spot she would always be saying "Well, the President this and the President that" as opposed to her Senate position where she is able to take credit for herself in her own name.

I think the Senate position holds more benefits for her intentions in future years (which most of us have speculated about for some time now).

top topics

join