It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,100 Green Berets Sign Letter Condemning Gun Control

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

1,100 huh? Wow, what is that anyway, 1/273,000th of the U.S. population? Definitely sounds like a force to be reckoned with...

By the way, It not news that most trained killers don't like having restrictions placed on their ability to obtain the most lethal weapon available. But then again, even our own military knows better than to issue these weapons to untrained personnel.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There is no need to slime or cast aspersion upon the very men whom had sacrificed their lives for the nation while the rest of citizens sleep peacefully.

They had served with distinction and honor, with full integrity.

They may or may not posses even guns right now. It is only a baseless and cruel assumption to mislead others to claim that that they all do.

Most military men would prefer to remain silent, to let the commanders settle the issues.

However, some of them are very concerned, looking at how divided the nation is over the gun issue, and worse, with the likes of Senator Dianne Feinstein - a criminal, for she had swore an oath to uphold and defend the constitution, and yet with her calling for the revocation of the CLEARLY WRITTENED 2nd Amendment no matter the language she cunningly couches in, WILL SET OFF strong concerns if the sacred Constitution is be torned. What else will these ELECTED oathbreakers and criminals do next?

Military personnel are not unreasonable humans, nor are fellow citizens unreasonable. IF by removing guns will ensure that there is NO MORE violence, I am sure every human will support the deletion of that law, for it no longer serves its purpose, as all are living in Disneyland or Utopia.

But are we living in such?

No!. Worse, when you destroy the 2nd amendment, only the crooks, the insane and tyrants will rule and subjugate citizens through the barrel of illegal manufactured or self made guns, with citizens unarmed or labelled as criminals for possessing arms for self protection.

Thus, the few green berets, as well as many other military men out of uniform, but are still citizens, right now are only petitioning that the elected representatives UPHOLD their oath and DO NOT break the law, otherwise the nation will only go into an unnecessary tailspin with unfortunate results.

May Sen Dianne Feinstein and other elected representatives, who if they feel they cannot uphold and defend the sacred Constitution, gracefully resign, instead of breaking up the nation and constitution. I am sure there are other disneyland nations that have strict gun laws who would welcome them there, despite the rampant crime and non gun violence there.

If they refuses to resign, then may the rest of Congress haul them to court to face justice for their attempted crime to break the law by abolishing the 2nd amendment. They are a travesty to the hallowed halls of Congress whom the Founding fathers had sacrificed, paid in blood and built up for us all to live in peace and protection by just rule of law.

edit on 31-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So a group of soldiers who sneek weapons into foreign countries and then train gorillas and rebels how to use the weapons so they can fight the government in that country want assault weapons to be legal in the US.

Do you see a problem with the group of soldiers who are pushing for these weapons? They are trained to teach people to fight their own governments with IEDs and assault weapons. They train terrorist for a living.

And could somebody post the list of Green Berts who signed? Where is the list?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Why blame the soldiers for what they had been trained and instructed to do, on behalf of the nation and People through their elected representatives whom formulated the laws and legislations, to keep america safe and trade stability worldwide?

Unless of course, you had been a tyrant and decides now to take a pot shot, even with illogical reasoning, to blame USA and soldiers, in the hope that others may be as stupid to follow you.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Exactly, the kind of people we need here in the U.S. one to teach our militia's and civilians to defend the constitution. Because Civil War is all but upon us. Along as the gun control is here the country will be divided. The old saying its going to get worse before it gets better. Saddle up and enjoy the ride, cause the train is already moving towards utter chaos. Eventually even people trying to stay neutral will pick a side. The upcoming events will force it upon you. I can see state against states, people moving to state right in the middle of it. People moving away from the country. Others just trying to survive.

My opinion, I hope it does happen because from the Ash will arise a new beginning, maybe with hope we can do it right next time.

Rant off /

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The stupid ones would be the Green Berts who signed that paper knowing exactly what they are wishing on the United States. They know what they caused in other countries why do they want it at home? Because they love the chaos and the power they felt sending people out to there own deaths. The Green Berts did not fight the enemy. They trained the "stupid" to do it and gave them weapons. See every body is just cannon fodder to them. And it appears even US citizens.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm a pistol guy, but even I can swap a mag in a rifle faster then 6-8 seconds.
Really, who that's that long?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You have the freedom of speech, won by america's founding fathers and generally adopted by the world, or at least tyrants and their supporters, but only for themselves and not for their oppressed citizens.

But my kind advice to you is - stay out of american affairs, espacially if you know nothing about the green berets or geo-political realities, for your understanding, or rather, the lack of it, is telling, before you lost your credibility here on ATS and treated with contempt, not for your words, but your evident belligerent ignorances.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

For your information I am a American and a born in the USA American. What sounds un-American is wanting to over throw the government and kill US Citizens while doing it. So take your rant some where else. And I am part Blackfoot Indian so I would say you can't deny me American status in any way.

My son right now serves as a Us Marine Intelligence. Go figure.

edit on 31-1-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

For your information I am a American and a born in the USA American. What sounds un-American is wanting to over throw the government and kill US Citizens while doing it. So take your rant some where else. And I am part Blackfoot Indian so I would say you can't deny me American status in any way.

My son right now serves as a Us Marine Intelligence. Go figure.

edit on 31-1-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

Alright everyone lay down your arms, bend over, and take it. Everyone listen to this guy if you want to continue feeling like a caged animal in this society.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by T4NG0

1,100 huh? Wow, what is that anyway, 1/273,000th of the U.S. population? Definitely sounds like a force to be reckoned with...

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them...

In 2003 less than a few hundred of these men (me among them) pretty much without conventional support machinated the collapse of the Taliban government in Afghanistan...sometimes using cavalry and 30(+/-) year old Soviet leftover weapons, T-55s and artillery pieces left over from the 1980's.

Recently, 3 of these type men killed 150 men in Benghazi, In Somalia 100 (again I was there) or so Rangers and Operators killed (estimated) well over 5K Somalis in one long engagement.

Originally posted by Flatfish
By the way, It not news that most trained killers don't like having restrictions placed on their ability to obtain the most lethal weapon available.

No one hates killing and war more than those who wage it - when others speak of war they do so anecdotally and without any real understanding. I say leave it to the professionals to discuss.

Golf66 - Out!

edit on 31/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Thank you for your knowledgeable input Major! At least someone knows what they are talking about. Seal team 10 for instance, when they went into Afghan with four men, and killed like 200. One survived, Marcus L. I think it was, wrote a book called lone survivor, it was so good I read it in one day!

Thank you for your service Major! HOOAH!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I am from Mars and my father is the King of Mars.

See? I too can make any claims, just like you, equally anonymous here.

It does'nt truly matter who and where we belong, only realities before us hold true.

My advice to you remains the same - Stay out of american affairs as you had proven no knowledge of the highly classified REAL green berets activities except what hollywood had told you, and espacially your appalling ignorances of geo-political and social realities, for your own sake here on ATS and not be listed as an ignorant troll.

It is with kindness that I tendered my reply to you.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0
reply to post by Golf66

Thank you for your knowledgeable input Major! At least someone knows what they are talking about. Seal team 10 for instance, when they went into Afghan with four men, and killed like 200. One survived, Marcus L. I think it was, wrote a book called lone survivor, it was so good I read it in one day!

Thank you for your service Major! HOOAH!

You are welcome.

I don't think I'd have ever wanted to have another career. It was an honor being allowed to lead men such as these. I am certainly no hero but I sure knew some. I just did my best at every task I was given, did my duty and tried to bring my men back alive from every mission.

It is sad that our nation has come to the point where the POTUS has an agenda so at odds with the fundamentals of the Constitution of the US that Soldiers feel so strongly against it that they will risk all to make it known.

Not being subject to Article 88 any longer I will say that this is what happens when the "people" vote a shyster lawyer from Chicago into the White House. A man with a text book narcissistic personality disorder and a penchant for pathological lying.

He will be remembered in history as the POTUS who bullied the nation into the 2nd American Revolution.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It appears people are confusing the different special forces and thinking they are all part of the US Army Green Berets. Take the Air Borne Rangers are they part of the US Army? No they are US Air Force. Are the Seals part of the US Army? No they are part of the US Navy. They might all work under the name Special Forces and be head quartered at SOCCOM in Tampa. US Army Green Berets are not Rambo. They are trainers for foreigners in covert operations.

www.military.com...

For this reason they are experts in unilateral direct action operations and unconventional warfare, as well as having thorough knowledge of foreign languages, customs and cultures. In addition, they are masters of training and organizing insurgents, surrogate fighters, indigenous forces and foreign militaries in support of US national objectives.

They train and speak foreign languages.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
The sacred Constitution and the Military Oath is VERY CLEAR, with nothing to argue about.

When an elected representative gets into office, he makes an OATH to defend the Constitution. So too the military officials.

Right now, the issue is the 2nd Amendment - A very CLEAR law with no ambiguites.

Those who are calling for the DELETION, or even INFRINGING upon the 2nd Amendment, HAD BROKEN THEIR OATH AND LAW, AND THEY ARE CRIMINALS!

Absolute ruubish.

The constitution allows for amending itself - the 2nd amendment is itself evidence that such can happen. All the amendments are evidence of that.

What's more there's the 21st amendment that REPEALED the 18th amendment (prohibition) - so amendment can be repealed legally in accordance with the constitution too!

What had SCOTUS done, that they had allowed criminals to rule the states?

nothing.

It is only in the neads of fantatics like you that this happens.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

this is as useful as 1000 alcoholics condemning liquor taxes!

Although I do disagree with the analogy you have used I do agree with the sentiment of your post.

it's a fair cop guv!

Of course military types are going to be against any change to gun laws,

FWIW I am ex-military....I even wore a green beret for 3 years in the late 70's and early 80's in the wake of Vietnam when it was NOT popular to be a soldier!
edit on 31-1-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

It appears people are confusing the different special forces and thinking they are all part of the US Army Green Berets.

I think the only person here guilty of that is you...

Take the Air Borne Rangers are they part of the US Army? No they are US Air Force.

Wow, there are ways to fail at the internet then there are spectacular ways to fail on the internet.

1) It is Airborne, one word.

2) No one in the military; Rangers especially call them the Airborne Rangers anymore one must be Airborne qualified to be in the unit so it is an unnecessary redundancy. Like all Special Forces personnel are required to be Airborne qualified - they are called Special Operators or Special Forces not Airborne Special Operators.

3) The complete unit designation is 75th Infantry Regiment (Ranger) (Airborne) - it is part of USASOC (which stands for US Army Special Operations Command. My emphasis on the Army part...

4) The Airforce "Special Operators" are called Para-Rescue or "PJs".

I will not even dignify this with a link as it is such common knowledge...

US Army Green Berets are not Rambo. They are trainers for foreigners in covert operations.

In the book, (and the movies) John Rambo was indeed US Army Special Forces - sorry. Also, the phrase "unilateral direct action" means that they are a unit capable of engaging the enemy directly i.e. in infantry type combat alone (unilateral) without support. An SF team has the same amount of combat power as an Infantry Company rolled into 12 men.

All SF teams are capable of direct combat actions to include, attacks, raids, snatches, in all terrain under any conditions. Some teams specialize in certain areas and types of missions; however all have a thorough understanding of the basics.

Negative, no Special Operators teach foreign languages – that is done at the school house by native speakers for obvious reasons. We all are required to speak, read and understand one not be able to teach it. Most speak more than one...for instance I have fairly decent Russian, passable French and basic Pashtu.

I really think you should hang up commenting on SF and military related topics…it’s disturbing to me and confusing to others.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Take the Air Borne Rangers are they part of the US Army? No they are US Air Force.

Please stop!!!! You are arguing with a Major on the subject he lived. Reading your ignorance is painful.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

It appears people are confusing the different special forces and thinking they are all part of the US Army Green Berets. Take the Air Borne Rangers are they part of the US Army? No they are US Air Force.

Oh, my.

I know some Ranger battalion guys that would find that unamusing,

No, guy, Rangers are all Airborne, you have to do jump school first before RIP. AF's version are called PJs, and specialize in getting you out of those last ditch situations when no one else has been able to extract you.

Are the Seals part of the US Army? No they are part of the US Navy. They might all work under the name Special Forces and be head quartered at SOCCOM in Tampa.

Special Forces are all Army. The overarching command structure over the various groups is SOC.

US Army Green Berets are not Rambo.

But Rambo was Special Forces. Probably a bravo, given his propensity to brute force most situations.

They are trainers for foreigners in covert operations.

Sometimes, yes. Some ODAs tend to specialize in this. It also depends on what you're training people to do, you'd rarely see the HALO or dive teams do insurgent training.

Some ODAs do a lot of DA. Some are better at sneak and peek intel gathering, some are great at SIGINT/ELINT missions, some are better at breaking people's infrastructure. They can all do any of the jobs, it sort of depends on the skill set of the team and the Captain's particular itch for running DA missions. You get some Captains who are just hot for crazy direct action jobs and lobby for every one of them.

For this reason they are experts in unilateral direct action operations and unconventional warfare, as well as having thorough knowledge of foreign languages, customs and cultures. In addition, they are masters of training and organizing insurgents, surrogate fighters, indigenous forces and foreign militaries in support of US national objectives.

That "unilateral direct action" phrase is your keyword. A direct action mission is one where you aren't training or organizing. DA is slang for 'we're going to break things and kill people', and although I suppose you'd also have to include the intel type missions in that, you wouldn't generally think of those as DA, and in practice the various mission types get broken into slang terms that vary over time, group, company and team. A 'spin and grin' is going to be ELINT of some sort, for instance.

SF don't teach language either. You learn one (or three, in times of old). If you want language instruction, your 'students' would come to the US, sometimes DLI sends instructional groups.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join