It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geez... is this what we're paying for?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by LittleByLittle
reply to post by ldyserenity

It can be a time difference or maybe she works odd hours.
Where I am at it is evening now.

Those who judge have to remember someone is sitting in Judgement over them whether it be God or fate or the Universe, Karma is a B***.

So you're working 3 jobs, your husband works 3 jobs, and you're telling me that you approve of the fact that there are people who are too lazy to work and are living high on the hog on YOUR money? These days, a family of four that works at low wages is likely to make LESS money than their career-welfare neighbors' family of four. I don't get it; everyone who pays even one dollar of taxes should be outraged.
edit on 30-1-2013 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie[/

moochers are not typical likely its about 10 percent of the population and in the usa typically are not even americans in this case It's the uk so I dunno about it to comment on them. I am so sick about this mentality level anymore. That's all I'm saying. Also some leeches get the cushy positions while some hard workers get it up the anud that makes me more angry then a struggling family getting by on government scraps.

edit on 30-1-2013 by ldyserenity because: fix a few things

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Easy for a well paid radio presenter to tell someone to go and work a low paid job because "everyone does it"
I dont really agree that he should be working on the side but he raise's a valid about about low paid jobs. You cant use ONE example of a man who openly admits to turning down a job to label everyone else on the dole as "scroungers"

Julia Hartley-Brewer(The radio presenter): "I dont believe my taxes should pay for you to sit on your ass" No? Well sweetheart, how do you feel about those free-loaders in government singing the same tune while claiming their daily cost's back in "expenses"

This sounds like Middle class snobbery to me.

Why dont we have a REAL discussion about why people go to work and then why going to work a low paid job is pointless at the end of the month? Oh no, we only discuss trivia on ATS, My bad.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

I'm sorry, but that's a typical reply of a person who doesn't quite get where the money is coming from. As a spiritually inclined person, I agree that I'd rather have a world that's not ruled by money. However, as long as our society works the way it works, lazy welfare kings and queens are mooching off MY hard-earned money, and that pisses me off. Here in the US, there are whole generations of families making a "career" of being on welfare -- no one in the family has ever worked, but they sure know every loophole to milk the system, aka the taxpayers.

Please enlighten me and tell me where the money is coming from. I thought money comes from privatized centralized banking systems. Almost every note is circulation is an IOU to the same the family. They can print money without backing it against anything of worth. They dont pay any taxes and are consider themselves above the law.

Its easy to pick scape goats but the money paid out in welfare is pittance compared to the trillions that has been robbed and the massive bailouts. Opps sorry you cannot do that because Obama has passed laws giving the top bankers immunity to prosecution.

Stop victimizing the little peeps. If you are going to go after peeps it should be those that have orchestrated this mess. They are the reason the world is on its knees and people are out of work.

No one is mooching off your hard earned money. The money system is mickymouse it is made up. We get the crumbs and the cake remains untouched.
edit on 30-1-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
This is proof that most of the unemployed are that way by choice.

This is one individual. Many of the facts remain hidden from us and from this you deduce that most unemployed people are this way because of choice. ATS has a moto: Deny Ignorance. You statement reeks of it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by sylvie

I'm sorry, but that's a typical reply of a person who doesn't quite get where the money is coming from. As a spiritually inclined person, I agree that I'd rather have a world that's not ruled by money. However, as long as our society works the way it works, lazy welfare kings and queens are mooching off MY hard-earned money, and that pisses me off. Here in the US, there are whole generations of families making a "career" of being on welfare -- no one in the family has ever worked, but they sure know every loophole to milk the system, aka the taxpayers.

Please enlighten me and tell me where the money is coming from. I thought money comes from privatized centralized banking systems. Almost every note is circulation is an IOU to the same the family. They can print money without backing it against anything of worth. They dont pay any taxes and are consider themselves above the law.

Its easy to pick scape goats but the money paid out in welfare is pittance compared to the trillions that has been robbed and the massive bailouts. Opps sorry you cannot do that because Obama has passed laws giving the top bankers immunity to prosecution.

Stop victimizing the little peeps. If you are going to go after peeps it should be those that have orchestrated this mess. They are the reason the world is on its knees and people are out of work.

No one is mooching off your hard earned money. The money system is mickymouse it is made up. We get the crumbs and the cake remains untouched.
edit on 30-1-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

I don't know why people here assume that because I'm bashing welfare kings and queens, that I approve of banksters and corporate/government thugs lining their pockets with our hard-earned money. And yes, it is our hard-earned money, because even though it's fiat money and just paper with no intrinsic value, you get it by pouring your time, energy, and sweat into it (i.e., you're exchanging your life energy for a (so far) accepted means of exchange). So by the time you get it into your hands, unfortunately it's become quite real because it was made so by your life energy being expended for it. At some point soon, I'm sure, the whole fiat-money farce will blow up and gold and silver, as well as other tangible goods, arable land, etc., will replace it. Or, worst-case scenario, they'll go even a step further and digitalize all money, so you don't even have that paper anymore. But I digress.

And by "where the money is coming from" I meant that some people don't even KNOW that it's the taxpayer who's on the hook for the government handouts. As a caller on a US talk radio show put it once, "The money comes from Obama." Asked where she thought Obama would get it from, she replied in a indignant tone, "Well, I don't know where he keeps his stash of money." That may sound ridiculous to you, but a lot of people seem to think the government itself actually has money and pays for the social programs; they don't get that it's US, you and me, paying.

And just to make it clear again, I never said that ALL welfare recipients are moochers, but I also don't think they're a super-tiny minority. My thumb guess would be 25%.

edit on 30-1-2013 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I really think that this just gets down to grasshoppers and ants.

You know, like the old fable.

I do believe that we're going to experience an economic breakdown and those grasshoppers are going to starve.

It's much better to be an ant.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I really think that this just gets down to grasshoppers and ants.

You know, like the old fable.

I do believe that we're going to experience an economic breakdown and those grasshoppers are going to starve.

It's much better to be an ant.

That's for sure. I'm saving a little money in silver each week and am stocking up on nonperishable foods (although I wish I was further along than I am). One good thing about inflation going crazy, which must happen at some point, is that we'll be able to pay off our mortgage dirt-cheap. Not looking forward to $15 bread, though.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos

Originally posted by GmoS719
This is proof that most of the unemployed are that way by choice.

emmm, one guy on a radio show is proof that most of the unemployed are that way by choice? And how do you work out that gross generalisation and statistic?

I don't think MOST of the unemployed or people on welfare are moochers. I have a stark-contrast example right in my social circle. A really good friend of mine has been a hard-working woman and politically active person her entire life, until her multiple sclerosis didn't allow her to work anymore; now she's on disability, but the pittance she gets is barely enough to scrape by.

In contrast, her daughter, who in her teenage years somehow drifted off the right path and became a drug addict, is a perfect example for one of these good-for-nothing people. Finally got into rehab (allegedly successfully, but I'm not so sure), married a total loser, got pregnant, divorced the guy a year after the wedding, raised her kid, who's 4 now... all on welfare. Then she hooked up for a week or so with her loser-ex and got pregnant AGAIN. The baby is now about six months old. She stole money from her mother's bank account a year or so ago, even though she's well aware that my friend already doesn't have two pennies to rub together. Now she gets double the welfare, I'm sure, due to the second kid.

I always pride myself in being a live-and-let-live person, but in cases like these, forced contraception and forced labor for welfare recipients starts looking really good...

Actually it was to GmoS719 whom my response was aimed at, just in case you didn't realise that.

I too do not believe everyone on the bru is a scrounger, but some indeed are. When I was young the joke around the pub was the guys on the dole would get the rounds in coz their pals that worked couldn't afford to!
The thing is not all single mum's are having kids to get the welfare, some were in long marriages that finally broke down and then struggle to bring up their kids with no job and less prospects because they are older/have not worked in a good number of years due to giving up their career to bring up their kids/don't have anyone they know near them to help with babysitting or getting kids off to school (which restricts the hours they can work and the jobs they can apply for) and then add to that the sheer number of people all applying for the same job where they don't have any kids and so less liable to need to be off work due to kids illness etc and are very young so the hourly rate can be the bare minimum. So really not all single mums want to be unemployed they just don't have a lot of choice.
Now on the other hand, young kids going off and getting preggers so they get a house quickly and more money etc... that is just irresponsible and they definitely are abusing the system, especially the ones on drugs.
However the real criminals and fraudsters are the ones in Westminster and heads of big corporations and cost the country way more than your average Joe on the bru.

Sorry to hear of your friend with the MS, such a terrible thing to have to cope with especially when having to rely on benefits.

(love your avatar btw, really pretty
)
edit on 31-1-2013 by CthulhuMythos because: stupid anti-spelling fingers today

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
Humanity doom itself when it decided its cure for the stupid and the lazy was to protect and cater to them.

Were there an ATS sentence of the year award, I'd nominate this!

Such an astute observation packed into one tiny little sentence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join