It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your daily little boost of hope for humanity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Was doing some basic research on Human/Social psychology, particularly looking at information about the 100th Monkey Theory, and came across this video.

It made me smile. It gave me chills. It made me want to get on top of my office desk and dance.

Do not be afraid to dance. Do not be afraid to stand out. Do not be afraid to be the only one. Do not be afraid to have fun. Do not be afraid to draw attention to yourself.

This video is a microcosm of how global change can happen. Sure, some of you may just see crazy hippies dancing around...but I see the Human Spirit being ignited. I see people making a decision to embrace love and unity and happiness over the fear of being judged as 'weird' or considered not 'normal.' You may judge people like this, but who are you really judging? Them, or yourself?

Free yourself.

Anyway, I'm done with my commentary. Just watch the durn video and have a great day!

(Video summary: One lone dancer on a hillside at an out door concert slowly but surely becomes the catalyst for an entire mob of energetic dancing.)
edit on 30-1-2013 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The guy is obviously on some sort of substance.
Not really sure how dancing reflects on humanity.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

A) Whereas I definitely understand it appears as though he may be (and he definitely may be) I also want to point out that you have no idea. (And even if he is, that's not the point. The point is he inspired others.) One of my best friends dances his heart out on any occasion (99% of the time totally sober.) When he goes out to a concert or a club he will ALWAYS be the first one to start dancing in the middle of the room, all by himself. But (and I've seen this happen) within thirty minutes the room will be PACKED with dancers.

B) This shows that one person can INSPIRE people to go outside their normal boundaries. To loosen up, have fun, to dance, to experience, to choose unity, to embrace life. I guarantee you most of the people watching that guy dance, even if they thought he looked crazy, also wish that they had the cojones to get up and dance like him. But they were living in fear. Will I be judged? Will other people think I'm weird? Will I feel weird? Everyone was living in fear and/or judgement. BUT, one person at a time (just like the 100 monkey theory) the idea began to spread. Soon people were flocking to be apart of something fun and exciting.

This is the kind of motivation and inspiration people need on a day-to-day basis.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

A) Whereas I definitely understand it appears as though he may be (and he definitely may be) I also want to point out that you have no idea. (And even if he is, that's not the point. The point is he inspired others.) One of my best friends dances his heart out on any occasion (99% of the time totally sober.) When he goes out to a concert or a club he will ALWAYS be the first one to start dancing in the middle of the room, all by himself. But (and I've seen this happen) within thirty minutes the room will be PACKED with dancers.

B) This shows that one person can INSPIRE people to go outside their normal boundaries. To loosen up, have fun, to dance, to experience, to choose unity, to embrace life. I guarantee you most of the people watching that guy dance, even if they thought he looked crazy, also wish that they had the cojones to get up and dance like him. But they were living in fear. Will I be judged? Will other people think I'm weird? Will I feel weird? Everyone was living in fear and/or judgement. BUT, one person at a time (just like the 100 monkey theory) the idea began to spread. Soon people were flocking to be apart of something fun and exciting.

This is the kind of motivation and inspiration people need on a day-to-day basis.

Cheers.

So if only we learn to dance together at concerts we will save the world.
It all makes sense. Dancing doesn't make you a humanitarian.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Cheers.

You're absolutely right.
What was I thinking?

Dancing wont' save the world.
Instead, we should go out of our way to belittle other people because we feel superior and smarter than everyone else and we need to share our general discontent for our own apathetic, disappointing life with other people. THAT is how we'll save the world!

For the record, I didn't say dancing makes you humanitarian. But allowing yourself to be open enough to love, to life, to experiences, freedom, movement, energy, happiness and then inspiring that within and spreading that to others most certainly does.

I'm not here to argue, champ. Just here to have fun and to let other people know that life is meant to be fun as well. I guarantee you if everyone danced every day and had as much fun every single day as this guy and this group did (even if only for 5 minutes) then YES, the world would certainly be a better place.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

You miss the point of the op. One person can/will inspire others. We see it everyday.
We inspire people to shun those who are different. We can inspire people to hate, to judge, to go to war, to murder, to steal, to bully. Why not, since humans are inherently "sheep", inspire them to love, to give, to welcome, or in this case, to dance?

Way to be a downer in an uplifting thread.

reply to post by eleven44

In regards to the OP,

I loved it. Made my morning... er afternoon... day.

edit on 30-1-2013 by Garkiniss because: nunya

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss
reply to post by GmoS719

You miss the point of the op. One person can/will inspire others. We see it everyday.
We inspire people to shun those who are different. We can inspire people to hate, to judge, to go to war, to murder, to steal, to bully. Why not, since humans are inherently "sheep", inspire them to love, to give, to welcome, or in this case, to dance?

In regards to the OP,

Honestly, I wasn't trying to be a downer.
Is this all society has to offer?
I mean come on, the first two people who joined in where mocking him.

"what did you do for your fellow man today? I danced. "

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Cheers.

You're absolutely right.
What was I thinking?

Dancing wont' save the world.
Instead, we should go out of our way to belittle other people because we feel superior and smarter than everyone else and we need to share our general discontent for our own apathetic, disappointing life with other people. THAT is how we'll save the world!

For the record, I didn't say dancing makes you humanitarian. But allowing yourself to be open enough to love, to life, to experiences, freedom, movement, energy, happiness and then inspiring that within and spreading that to others most certainly does.

I'm not here to argue, champ. Just here to have fun and to let other people know that life is meant to be fun as well. I guarantee you if everyone danced every day and had as much fun every single day as this guy and this group did (even if only for 5 minutes) then YES, the world would certainly be a better place.

Good luck.

Shut up and dance.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by GmoS719

In regards to the OP,

Thanks Garkiniss!
Glad that you got the same thing out of the video as I did.

And it always surprises me...even when people go out of their way to do a positive/happy/uplifting post, there will always be someone else who will go out of their way just to shoot it down.

That's okay though. These posts are specifically for those people who feel the need to bring others down to their own low vibratory level. They are the ones that need to be lifted up, not us who need to be brought down. I mean..can you imagine how sad someone must be in order to be angry or judgement over someone else's happiness?? I know that if I were that unhappy, I would sure appreciate it if someone went out of their way to try to cheer me up.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

So you're a pessimist.
"It's only a dance."
"It's only a quarter in the donation jar."

It's a start.

You're right. The man who initially joined him was likely mocking him, but we don't know that to be sure. What I do know is he remained and, from the looks of it, had a legitimately good time doing so. Those who joined in wanted in on the fun, and so it spread. It's called trending. One person does something against the herd, and gets odd looks by doing so.

Think of the first person who took a pole to a river with some string on the end and a worm. All of the guys standing there knee deep in water untangling nets probably thought, "what an idiot?"
How long till the river banks were lined with men holding fishing poles?

One man dancing inspired an entire crowd to have fun. That is all. Trending.

Dying man's wish inspires charity.

edit on 30-1-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Shut up and dance.

Look, because you have engaged me, I'm going to engage you:

You need to relax. You're bored with your life, I get it. I'm sure your a great guy though. You like to have fun. You appreciate nature. You love your wife and you love animals. I'm sure overall you're a stand up fella. But you are really uptight and judgmental. Why? Who was it that was judgmental and harsh on you? Who told you that dancing wouldn't save the world? Who told you to 'get in line?' Who told you to shut up? Who made you feel like you didn't matter? Why do you feel the need to perpetuate these feelings by throwing them at others?
Why are you angry?
Do you not realize that LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT? Seriously. There are no rules. You can get up and start dancing naked right now. You can run 10 miles right now. You can leave your house and never come back starting right now. You could walk up to any and every stranger and tell them you love them right now. You could spin in circles till you threw up. You can laugh for no reason. You can smile for no reason. You can be nice to other people for no reason.

When someone responds to someone with anger, it is only because that anger is welling up within their own heart and the 'other person' just happens to be the person it overflows on to. When people are angry it is because they are desperately crying out for Love. They just want to know they are loved and that everything is okay.

So, please know, I am know saying any of this to attack you. I am saying this to help you become aware of the energy you are consciously choosing to put out into this world. I guarantee you, whatever energy you put out is the same energy that you will get back.

I love you. Genuinely. I don't even know you and yet the only reason I am spending my time and energy responding to you is because I love you and honestly hope that you have a fantastic day. I hope you do something that surprises you. I hope you do something that you haven't done in a long long time (if even ever at all.) I hope you stop, think, and then consciously decide to inspire some with your words today. Your words and thoughts are the most powerful thing in your reality. Choose wisely. Go outside and let loose. Dance. Even if you're by yourself. Make yourself laugh. Do SOMETHING to change your world.

Again, I only say this because I am tired of humans purposefully choosing to live sedentary, isolated lives filled with contempt and remorse. I'm not saying that is how you live your daily life. And again, I am sure you are a great person. But please choose to spread light, not anger. Okay?

link   
Double post.
Sorry.

link   

reply to post by GmoS719

So you're a pessimist.
"It's only a dance."
"It's only a quarter in the donation jar."

It's a start.

You're right. The man who initially joined him was likely mocking him, but we don't know that to be sure. What I do know is he remained and, from the looks of it, had a legitimately good time doing so. Those who joined in wanted in on the fun, and so it spread. It's called trending. One person does something against the herd, and gets odd looks by doing so.

Think of the first person who took a pole to a river with some string on the end and a worm. All of the guys standing there knee deep in water untangling nets probably thought, "what an idiot?"
How long till the river banks were lined with men holding fishing poles?

One man dancing inspired an entire crowd to have fun. That is all.

So we go from dancing to donations to fishing.
Dancing is none of these things.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Uh, nope, hope for humanity not restored on the basis of this video. Didn't do it for me. Sorry.

Now, if this crowd had expended that time and energy actually doing something of value to affect some real beneficial change, maybe so. But gyrating on a hill side? Nah.

I mean, if they all want to wriggle in unison, that's fine. They can have at it. But nothing to commend humanity here.

Four minutes of my life wasted.
edit on 30-1-2013 by incoserv because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Double post.
Sorry.

Thank you for caring but I'm not angry nor am I spreading anger.
I simply don't see the connection between humanity and dancing.
I am allowed an opinion... Right?
Everything after my first post is a reply to someone judging me for disagreeing.
So maybe you as well as them should chill.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv
Uh, nope, hope for humanity not restored on the basis of this video. Didn't do it for me. Sorry.

Now, if this crowd had expended that time and energy actually doing something of value to affect some real beneficial change, maybe so. But gyrating on a hill side? Nah.

I mean, if they all want to wriggle in unison, that's fine. They can have at it. But nothing to commend humanity here.

Four minutes of my life wasted.
edit on 30-1-2013 by incoserv because: typo

Thank you!
My point exactly.
edit on 30-1-2013 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv

I mean, if they all want to wriggle in unison, that fine. They can have at it. But nothing to commend humanity here.

Hm.
I guess beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks for going out of your way though to let me know! Your negative contribution definitely just helped the world more than gyrating hippies.

And I did say 'boost' not full on restoration.
I didn't realize I was the odd man out to be filled with happiness by watching other people be filled with happiness.
I mean.... if more people were happy on a daily basis...then there would be more happy people to inspire other people to become happy....so thus...even more happy people...thus less war...less crime...less bickering...less violence...less stress....less separation...less bull$#it.

I am under the philosophy that if we spread love and hapinness (as well as awareness and direct action, of course) than THAT is how we change the world.
Trying to argue with other anonymous entities on a random internet chat room about why dancing is stupid, on the other hand, is definitely not a step in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

They all achieve positive results. You're still looking at the glass wrong.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I'm looking at the glass from a different angle than you.
That doesn't make me wrong.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'm looking at the glass from a different angle than you.
That doesn't make me wrong.

If the way you are looking at the glass
does not instill a sense of peace, calmness, and love
within yourself
then yes,
you are most certainly looking at the glass wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join