Windsor, Canada to stop adding fluoride to water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
The history of water fluoridation and the actual components in the water we call " fluoridated" is pretty interesting.

www.fluoride-history.de...

Small snippet from your link you so kindly provided.

This device did not exist just on paper, but was really installed in a few communities, the people there being used as guinea pigs living on an unapproved concoction of fluoroaluminate complexes.

Makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

Good read and thank you for providing the link nobody will read.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Youre VERY welcome! Such a shame they dont do this in crayon or complete with color pics.

On topic.. Bravo for the enlightened Canadians. Industrial waste renamed "fluoride" = bad. Maybe one day we will get a clue.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by Iwinder

Youre VERY welcome! Such a shame they dont do this in crayon or complete with color pics.

On topic.. Bravo for the enlightened Canadians. Industrial waste renamed "fluoride" = bad. Maybe one day we will get a clue.

Indeed smelter slag into the water we go!
Tally Ho slag

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I feel bad for you Americans. 75% of Americans are forced to have fluoride in their water. Sad.

It is a basic chemical used in rat and bug poison. Fluoride is not useful to any adult anywhere on earth, under any condition or combination of conditions. They do claim, that it is helpful to some of the teeth, to some of the children.

Why, if this is supposedly good to a limited group in the population, is it forced into the water of all of the people, all of the time? One of the rights we have to protect, is the individual right to take or refuse medicine. - Gordon Sinclair, 1950s.
edit on 30-1-2013 by unknown known because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I always read the fluoride debate's and thread's with interest......when I was a child I ingested some toothpaste ( don't ask me why I did it, my friend and I was just being curious and silly) ..but I can still remember the agonising stomach cramps and vomiting to this day! I ended up with acute fluoride toxicity. The amount I actually ingested wasn't really that much but It was enough to cause fluoride poisoning.

Now I know that there are plenty who will argue that the amount I ingested in one go, although only small was way more than is in drinking water....but my experience was enough to make me aware of how highly toxic fluoride is.

I live in the UK where only 10% of the population have fluoride in their water...I'm happy to be in the 90% who don't!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Go Windsor. Finally people are wising up. People can add that crap to their own drinking water if they want, the government can give them the poison if they want. If they want fluoride just eat cilantro, it is full of it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

I like to hear personal experience on things. I knew a woman who's nephew died of fluoride poisoning from drinking too much water in basic training in the army. She started me researching it in the mid seventies. I never challenged the system but never once agreed with the use of it. I never bought fluoridated toothpaste, I thought it was weird tasting.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

Originally posted by HIWATT

It costs the city $50,000 a year to add flouride to drinking water for approx. 70,000 people ??!!

That's almost $1,000 PER PERSON

Sure about that buddy? I believe that statement really brings to light so many things.

You have to wonder how much of that $#@ they are dumping into your water... all under the guise of "dental health" when water is something you SWALLOW....

With that logic smoking and coffee wouldn't be bad for your teeth.

Yes I'm sure about it. Those numbers are straight from the horses mouth.

Seriously? Trying to re-frame my point? what are you... a WOMAN?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
When I was younger, once on a dare, a group of co-workers and I had a drinking water contest. Being the only female there I decided I needed to be the best. If people aren't familiar with the little triangle cups that come beside water coolers, they hold about 1 cup roughly. Drinking only tap water, I drank 38 cups , one after another after another. It was the sickest I have ever been. After vomiting it all up I actually began to feel dizzy (as if I was drunk). I was sick for atleast 24 hours. Fluoride in the water is pointless. Dental cleanings and brushing teeth is more than enough.

Fluoride in the water is also a pain in the ass. I pay more for ready made formula, for my 2 month old, so I don't have to use the cheaper concentrate (and lasts alot longer) where water must be added so I can avoid the fluoride.
Breast milk contains a small amount of fluoride (0.002 - 0.006 ppm) and by using tap water I am more than tripling the natural amount a baby should get. And the saddest thing is that people don't realize this and are not given a choice.

Paying corporations lots of money for their toxic waste so we can dump it in the water. What a genius idea

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

I thought you said you were done posting here. I was hoping you were serious.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Fluoride in water regardless in how small quantities is pointless poison intoxication.

You know its in water naturally right?

Multinationals, big pharma and politicians spew BS "naturally," it doesn't mean I want to hear it. Fish feces (because I can't say sh**s) are in the water "naturally" but that doesn't mean I want to ingest it now does it?

Cheers

Dave

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

More correctly it is like putting sunscreen on your skin to protect your skin.

Fluoride is supposed to be applied topically to the teeth, not ingested. Ingesting it does nothing. It should be applied to the surface of teeth, for example using toothpaste with fluoride in it, but taking care not to swallow the toothpaste because fluoride is toxic, just like it says on the tube of toothpaste.

You know its in water naturally right?

Only about 3% of towns and cities which have fluoridated water have naturally occurring fluoride in their water. Not to mention naturally occurring fluoride is very different to the stuff they drip into our water supplies.

There are two types of fluoride. Calcium Fluoride, which appears naturally in underground water supplies, is relatively benign. However, too much consumed daily can lead to bone or dental problems. Calcium is used to counter fluoride poisoning when it occurs. This redeeming factor indicates that the calcium in naturally formed calcium fluoride neutralizes much of fluoride's toxic effects.

On the other hand, the type of fluorides added to water supplies and other beverages and foods are waste products of the nuclear, aluminum, and now mostly the phosphate (fertilizer) industries. The EPA has classified these as toxins: fluorosilicate acid, sodium silicofluoride, and sodium fluoride.

Understanding the Different Fluorides

Educate yourself before you promote crap.
edit on 31/1/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Let's say that all of your life you have ingested water containing fluoride. Drink in it bathing in it, lapping it up,having fun and ......

Slowly being poisoned.

Then one day the poison supply is cut off. Your life source and everything you know and feel is dramatically altered.

You , like almost everyone in town starts to suffer withdrawal symptoms.

Then almost everyone in town starts losing their minds. Turning on each other and doing the unspeakable things.

So yes there is an agenda to removing flouride.

It is to create confusion and to disrupt.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Great work to my fellow windsorites for getting something done! As a Windsor resident im proud that we have done somthing positive and i hope more keep it up! I literally seen the ad on kijiji the day after the city council meeting and working 50+ hours per week its hard to keep up, but i read it first on ATS. Just wonderfull news!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

wow that is fantastic

I dont know what else to say....it is just great.

I wish the US would think about it. Tooth decay.....like we dont all know they got the idea from the Nazis and their studies using fluoride in the water supply to alter the minds of the population......tooth decay my ass....
edit on 31-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

You can't be serious. The only reason fluoride is in toothpaste is because it is really good for killing bacteria. But notice how it says very clearly on a tube of toothpaste NOT to swallow it. Gee, I wonder why that is.... Maybe you should do some actual research into what fluoride actually is before trying to add to the discussion, because the only thing you have added up to this point is your opinion. The truth is that sodium fluoride is an industrial waste by-product that is considered to be a hazardous waste product (just look up the WHMIS sheet for Sodium Fluoride, it's that easy to tell that it's poison.) The idea that they're putting it in the water to help prevent tooth decay (Fluoridosis anyone?) is just absolutely laughable to anyone who actually knows what they're talking about.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This news are good news,and means we won few battles.

Will we won the war?

We are on road.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
At the very least fluoride is said to make your teeth brittle, which means they break and chip easier when munching hard objects.

That explains why the dental industry recommends it!

$$$$$

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Quite frankly it's none of your business how often someone brushes their teeth, and they should have the freedom to choose if they want added fluoride in their water. I get the impression you would argue with a fence post.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

hooraaa this is good news, score one for the good guys,

Say no to rape by fluoride

NO means NO

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join