It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windsor, Canada to stop adding fluoride to water

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

Actually the natural version of fluoride, that is good for you in small amounts, is not the same kind they add to water.

The established facts concerning fluoride toxicity (Reference 8, 5, 3) are probably well-known. A single 250mg dose of NaF is known to cause severe acute symptoms of poisoning, and a larger dose can be fatal within a few hours. Acute symptoms of poisoning have been reported with doses from 20-140mg. A single 200mg dose of Na2SiF6 is fatal, and H2SiF6 is more toxic, dose for dose. This toxicity presents handling difficulties to water authority operatives, and there is no method of monitoring low-grade toxicity. 20mg per day of NaF can cause severe symptoms of chronic poisoning. Fluoride has a special affinity for the bones and teeth, this is how the body tries to deposit out of harm's way the excess fluoride not eliminated by the kidneys.

In drinking water:

4-8ppm fluoride ion can eventually cause skeletal fluorosis (an unnatural thickening of bones - vertebrae, pelvis and long bones, sometimes with severe pain).

4ppm fluoride ion makes teeth hypoplastic (dental enamel chips and flakes), and produces severe dental fluorosis (mottling of teeth).

2-2.5ppm fluoride ion causes brown spots to appear on the teeth of most persons.

1ppm of fluoride ion causes dental fluorosis in about 10 per cent of the population.

Source

The fluoride placed in our water is scrapped from smoke stacks in most cases.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The link you provided said nothing to the effect that it is scrapped from smoke stacks.

If your info is true then the people in Texas should have all types of problems

www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Excellent news as I read this in the other thread regarding this known Toxin....
We are on the same side of the river as you about 65 miles North.
Our city refused to even hold a vote on the removal of a know toxin.
I am very happy for you Windsorites and I wish we would do the same here.

This is my post from the other thread regarding Australia.

I noticed the do not swallow toothpaste signs in my Doctors office starting about 15 years ago and asked him about it. He told me plain and simple the stuff can do serious harm to you. It took about 10 years time after that warning from my doctor and our own city's refusal to even hold a vote on the removal of this known toxin from our water supply to get our own personal water cleaner. That's right I post this in every Fluoride thread that I happen upon here. We use Jason Powersmile toothpaste which is fluoride free. Get a 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis system and you will never be happier.......trust us on this one. It removes almost everything in the water but the water itself! You will get people telling you that it is dangerous because of the lack of minerals in our water. You will get neighbours who drink Cola like its the last can on earth telling you that you are nuts. You will get friends and neighbours to do a taste and smell test and every one of them have been mightily impressed with the results. You will get crystal clear ice cubes and you will get pasta that cooks without the need for any oil in the water. You will sleep at night knowing you took matters into your own hands after ingesting this crap for decades. Just google a 5 stage Reverse Osmosis system to see how good they work. If your water pressure is good there are no moving parts involved just filters. Never looking back here. Regards, Iwinder

S&F
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 30-1-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Fluoride in water regardless in how small quantities is pointless poison intoxication.

You know its in water naturally right?

I think you should do a search here on ATS and just see how "Natural" this known toxin is in reality.

I would cough up some links but me thinks your re-search skills could use some brushing up.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Your link proves my point. That's naturally occurring fluoride testing, not fluoride that was added by the city after the fact.

Prior to the vote, Juneau residents gained these facts: most of the fluoride in domestic water begins as waste scraped from exhaust stacks of fertilizer and aluminum factories; most European countries ban fluoride; the substance is linked to a host of diseases, including thyroid and endocrine dysfunction, kidney disease, increased risk of bone fracture, and osteosarcoma in boys.

Source

There are many more.

BTW, the article I linked earlier, with the KNOWN medical fluoride issues, was from the 70's.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Fluoride in water regardless in how small quantities is pointless poison intoxication.

I think you should do a search here on ATS and just see how "Natural" this known toxin is in reality.

I can also look on ATS and find that stargates are real, that does not make it so.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Your link proves my point. That's naturally occurring fluoride testing, not fluoride that was added by the city after the fact.

It does not proove your point at all, even the link you provided did not prove your point.

All you did was essentially this

faculty.washington.edu...
The water we drink is scrapped from the inside of smoke stacks.

Just throwing a claim out and providing a link does not really carry weight, it helps greatly if the two are somewhat related.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Calgary removed fluroide last year.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You've addressed none of the informaton I have provided, you've simply stated it's inadequate.

But the science, that dates back to the 70's, and is confirmed by the 95% of the world that doesn't fluoridate their water, is with me on this one.

Even China thinks it's poison

There is no sound argument for adding fluoride to the water. Not a moral one, not a scientific one.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You've addressed none of the informaton I have provided, you've simply stated it's inadequate.

Because what you said had nothing to do with your "source".

Even China thinks it's poison

No, China has a pretty high level of naturally occurring fluoride plus with all that they get from their pollution adding it would not be practical. Getting it to areas with little fluoride would have that water eventually coming back to the areas with already high fluoride so it would cause problems.
www.iol.co.za...
www.who.int...
edit on 30-1-2013 by RandyBragg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I can also look on ATS and find that stargates are real, that does not make it so.

Believe it or not the Fluoride threads found here are chocked full of the infamous "Peer reviewed Papers"
and many many scientific links.......

That in my opinion makes it so.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Believe it or not the Fluoride threads found here are chocked full of the infamous "Peer reviewed Papers"

Regards, Iwinder

Again, all talk...
Have fun, im done here. You can talk in circles with someone else.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
Now Windsor..

Hey, I live there!
edit on 30-1-2013 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I heard Hitler really cared about the Jews so much that he wanted to protect their teeth before the gas chamber. And thus, Fluoridation of water was invented.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59

I heard Hitler really cared about the Jews so much that he wanted to protect their teeth before the gas chamber. And thus, Fluoridation of water was invented.

That has to be one of the dumbest things said in this thread so far.
www.nidcr.nih.gov...
And Germany didn't start doing it until '52
edit on 30-1-2013 by RandyBragg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I live in a free country that force medicates me through my water supply.

It must be nice to live in denial. Ignorance is bliss. The Government loves me.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Wow, you just keep popin out good ones!

Originally posted by Heisenberg59

Ignorance is bliss. The Government loves me.

Coming from a guy that just got done saying that fluoridation was started because of the Nazis, it is kinda funny.
Any other fakts you would like to share?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Government is all knowing. Government makes the grass grow. Government makes the sun rise. Government loves me. Obama is the second coming of Christ.

Nope. People like yourself are willfully ignorant.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The history of water fluoridation and the actual components in the water we call " fluoridated" is pretty interesting.

www.fluoride-history.de...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Regards, Iwinder

Again, all talk...
Have fun, im done here. You can talk in circles with someone else.

Don't leave, why you just joined up, if I offended you I am sorry for asking you to do some re-search before you post.
Rest assured next time I will do the leg work for you, that way you will know what you are posting about.
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 30-1-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join