It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windsor, Canada to stop adding fluoride to water

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Windsor, Canada to stop adding fluoride to water

www.thestar.com

Windsor’s tap water is going fluoride-free.

After six hours of debate Tuesday night, city councillors voted 8-3 to stop adding the chemical to the water supply — a practice Windsor began more than half a century ago.

Fluoride opponents argued the practice is outdated, while supporters said it’s an effective way to fight tooth decay.

The money saved by cutting out fluoride will go to oral health and nutrition education programs for the next five years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.windsorstar.com
www.cbc.ca

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Cairns did it... Now Windsor.. In each case, people and politicians are throwing Main Stream Medicine's line that it helps your teeth... out the window.. Canada has seen a 26 percent drop in Fluoride use in the last few years... The tide is turning as people wake up ...
Pew Center on the States who issues their nonsensical papers from TPTB to continue this farce must be fuming..

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The job ain't finished until all authorities stop using fluoride

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I live in a city called Prince George on the West Coast of Canada. I just read in the paper last night that sometime this year there will be a municipal vote here to keep or get rid of fluoride. I'm definitely voting to get rid of it.

Great news though. I hope to see more cities doing this

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Your on a roll in Canada... keep it up.. get this crap out of your children's water!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Placing Fluoride in the drinking water to protect your teeth is like swallowing sunscreen to protect your skin. There is absolutely no logic in it and I'm glad people are FINALLY starting to wake up to this deadly poison.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
Placing Fluoride in the drinking water to protect your teeth is like swallowing sunscreen to protect your skin. There is absolutely no logic in it and I'm glad people are FINALLY starting to wake up to this deadly poison.

More correctly it is like putting sunscreen on your skin to protect your skin.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The toothpaste has all the fluoride one could ask for and brushing your teeth more than once per day is kind of retarded if you ask me. Fluoride in water regardless in how small quantities is pointless poison intoxication.

I don't even use fluoride in my toothpaste and I brush my teeth twice per week. Seen no problems at all and I have been doing this for many years. I have had 2 toothes filled and one was from a chipped tooth eating meat with small bones mushed up.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Fluoride in water regardless in how small quantities is pointless poison intoxication.

You know its in water naturally right?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

Fluoride in water regardless in how small quantities is pointless poison intoxication.

Maybe, but I was talking about the additional fluoride they add, as well as the chlorine.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
ALRIGHT! Good for them!

I'm glad the Outaouais region (just across Ottawa, but on the Quebec side..) has rejected fluoride for a long time and we will likely never have it in our system.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Maybe, but I was talking about the additional fluoride they add, as well as the chlorine.

They don't add it if the water has a decent amount of fluoride. The very idea that too much fluoride is bad for your teeth came from a study in Colorado where the natural level of fluoride was so high that it was staining the teeth.
The stuff that chlorine kills is way more dangerous than any perceived risk of using chlorine.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

At the very least fluoride is said to make your teeth brittle, which means they break and chip easier when munching hard objects. And why the hell put any additional fluoride in the water if you are going to go with fluoridated toothpaste?

Chlorine in reasonable(small) amounts is necessary to kill dangerous bacteria.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
I live in a city called Prince George on the West Coast of Canada. I just read in the paper last night that sometime this year there will be a municipal vote here to keep or get rid of fluoride. I'm definitely voting to get rid of it.

Great news though. I hope to see more cities doing this

Greetings from the Okanagan.

The issue of fluoridation in Prince George goes back years already. Looks like it's going to be presented again.

This was from 2 days ago: www.250news.com...

It costs the city $50,000 a year to add flouride to drinking water for approx. 70,000 people ??!!

That's almost $1,000 PER PERSON

You have to wonder how much of that $#@ they are dumping into your water... all under the guise of "dental health" when water is something you SWALLOW....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

At the very least fluoride is said to make your teeth brittle, which means they break and chip easier when munching hard objects. And why the hell put any additional fluoride in the water if you are going to go with fluoridated toothpaste?

Because its good for preventing cavities and some people only brush their teeth 12 times a month.

So is chlorine necessary or bad? Choose one.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

It costs the city $50,000 a year to add flouride to drinking water for approx. 70,000 people ??!!

Sure about that buddy? I believe that statement really brings to light so many things.

You have to wonder how much of that $#@ they are dumping into your water... all under the guise of "dental health" when water is something you SWALLOW....

With that logic smoking and coffee wouldn't be bad for your teeth.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Because its good for preventing cavities and some people only brush their teeth 12 times a month.

So is chlorine necessary or bad? Choose one.

Brushing your teeth too often destroys the enamel which is the tooth's natural way to prevent plaque build-up and eventually carries. Too much fluoride makes teeth brittle and destroys brain performance eventually leading to alzhimers and other mental disorders.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You can throw in Moncton New Brunswick, I believe we were the first to take it out of the water.

It's about time they decide to stop poisoning their kids

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Sure about that buddy? I believe that statement really brings to light so many things.

With that logic smoking and coffee wouldn't be bad for your teeth.

Tabacco and caffeine are good in moderation. Even narcotics and stimulants are good in mild quantities. Ask the native americans and they will tell you first hand. White man abuses everything because he is immature and over-burdened with his dysfunctional society created by the central government evil parasites.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Tabacco and caffeine are good in moderation. Even narcotics and stimulants are good in mild quantities. Ask the native americans and they will tell you first hand. White man abuses everything because he is immature and over-burdened with his dysfunctional society created by the central government evil parasites.

Immature? Never inventing writing or the wheel seems kind of immature to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join