It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This has already been mentioned here on ATS but it didn't get attention it deserves. I think this is of utmost importance for everyone of us. It's going to affect all of us pretty soon, be sure of that. If you think you didn't have freedom so far, pretty soon you will cry whenever you remember the good old times. We are rapidly approaching future that remarkably resembles post apocalyptic vision from Terminator movies...

www.digitalreviews.net...

It's been three years since we first heard about DARPA's ARGUS-IS, but thanks to a PBS Nova special entitled "Rise of the Drones," we finally have more information about the 1.8-gigapixel camera that is supposedly the highest-resolution surveillance system in the world. The documentary showed video footage of the imaging system in action, though the camera itself remains shrouded in mystery for security reasons. Designed to be used withUAVs like thePredator, the ARGUS-IS (which stands for Autonomous Real-time Ground Ubiquitous Surveillance - Imaging System) can spot a six-inch object within a ten square mile radius from 20,000 feet in the air. As shown in the clip after the break, the high-res cam doesn't quite reveal facial features, but you can spot details like a bird flying around a building and the color of someone's clothes.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

Wow!

Thank kind of technology is kind of scary,

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
skynet bro its coming.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There`s already a thread about this here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
It is amazing at how advanced drones are now, and this is only the stuff that the government allows us to see imagine what the classified drone technology consists of.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yep, we are all gonna be much safer pretty soon... Just relax, it won't hurt a bit...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Truely frightening!

I've spoken to my parents many times about surveillance cameras and how I feel about them and they just shrug.."We're innocent, we've nothing to hide, it doesn't bother us"

To which I reply... "You're only innocent until they decide that they no longer like something YOU do"

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

The end of freedom came after 9/11/2001.

In fact some people think that is why the whole event was staged.

FEAR of TERROR(ism) was the only way to get Americans to give them up.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Truely frightening!

I've spoken to my parents many times about surveillance cameras and how I feel about them and they just shrug.."We're innocent, we've nothing to hide, it doesn't bother us"

To which I reply... "You're only innocent until they decide that they no longer like something YOU do"

Your parents are right. We have open communication now and people will come to your support if you are unjustly accused. In fact there are a lot of people paid to do it and many more who look after, and vigorously defend your rights and civil liberties for free. The ACLU is fighting to end surveillance camera traffic tickets right now. Trouble is many accuse them of being a liberal organization and waste of taxpayer funding. Without them and groups (some publicly funded) like them, you ARE a sitting duck.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Truely frightening!

There will be less and less innocents, mark my words... Who decides who is innocent and who is not anyway? There will be just some letter or a note besides your name in some file that describes a level of potential threat that you represent...
Anyway, how do you know that you are not dangerous? You can wake up one morning and realize that you are a terrorist...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
it is made to kill all muslims. radical christains and zionist are making plans to destroy islam.

top topics

join