It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind Turbine company destroys Bald Eagle nest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
In Ontario Canada the wind turbine company Nextera and the Ministry of Natural Resources decided to take down a tree with a very old Bald Eagle nest so that they can build another turbine. I look at these pictures and see so much space. where they could of done this. The tree was in the path of an access road to be constructed. These turbines do more harm than good . Thousands of birds are killed every year when they fly into these giant blades.

ontario-wind-resistance.org...

ontario-wind-resistance.org...

edit on 30-1-2013 by papazen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Look at all that open space.... for a winged animal to go.

Seriously, birds can go anywhere. The minute some stupid bird is more important than humans is the moment which humanity must end.
edit on 30-1-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2013 by DaTroof because: broken keyboard

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I kind of had that feeling too. Until I actually read something first

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
reply to post by DaTroof

I kind of had that feeling too. Until I actually read something first

How do bald eagles help us? What's so crucial about them? How do they affect your daily life?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Are you kidding? In this age of information you really don't know? All animals are part of the ecosystem, too many breaks in the link and it collapses. We need to always be shepherds of the only home we have and not be so stupid as to piss all over and not give a damn.

Why are some people so dark inside? Where is the reverence for this stunningly beautiful world we live in? Wake up and see how the pieces of the puzzle fit and you will take a step towards enlightenment.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Thast your problem. You only want to take. Your perception only goes as far as "How do bald eagles help us?".
If it doesn't give me anything its useless. You dont even want to care about preserving the very thing from which you just want to keep on and need to take from.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well when Bald Eagles start to end up as not important, for Big Corporations, then youve got to wonder what has already been done to other ecosystems. I know its bad out there, but damn, does anyone ever stop and really think about the decisions they are making. They removed the nest for an Access Road, WTF. just go around the damn tree. what so hard about that, something else is brewing here, not just that. Might be testing how awake people really are, Bang slams into a parked car. Not funny Sheeps

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
The minute some stupid bird is more important than humans is the moment which humanity must end.

The minute some stupid humans are more important than the planet is the moment the planet must end.

We've lost 40% of the worlds forests in the last 50 years. We've lost 50% of the worlds forests since industrialization began. You do the math. How long at this rate will it take before there is not enough forest for humans to survive anymore? 30 years? 20 years? 10 years?

Do you think humanity can survive without the ecosystem that supports us? You truly have been suckered by the corporations who have fooled you into believing that owning the latest "whatever" is what is important in life.

edit on 30-1-2013 by dainoyfb because: Of typos

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is what happens when we don't care about the environment.
China's Toxic Sky

new topics

top topics

join