It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'Strikes Syrian Convoy Inside Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Israel has struck a weapons convoy on the border of Syria and Lebanon, according to multiple sources.

Israeli jets carried out the strike overnight on the convoy which was said to be coming from Syria, and was inside Lebanon, in the area of the Lebanon-Syria border.

An unnamed secuity source told the AFP news wire: "The Israeli air force blew up a convoy which had just crossed the border from Syria into Lebanon."

news.sky.com...
edit on 30-1-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Suspected weapons shipment I guess.. Seems it would be more safe to travel as one truck and not a convoy to avoid suspicion..

Israel invading airspace of other places can only be seen as a continued war... In this case they are allowed to shoot missiles at Israel..

I see both sides I guess, but when you disrespect borders, you can only expect your borders to be disrespected.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Except in cases involving Israel. They make the rules. They, and only they can run roughshod over any and all international laws. They could care less about a nation's sovereignty.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Neither does the USA. We have invaded how many Countries now without a declaration of war? I can think of three right away. So don't sit back thinking Israel is any worse then us.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The most surprising thing about this story is that they are still using jets to intrude on another countries airspace,why don`t they use drones like the U.S. does?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Cause flying jets is a lot more fun than flying drones lol

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Neither does the USA. We have invaded how many Countries now without a declaration of war? I can think of three right away. So don't sit back thinking Israel is any worse then us.

Please don't say WE.. I don't even invade another's personal space, let alone another country..
Israeli's Government is no Worse than our Government..
Neither of those two is US.. Don't hate on the people PLEASE..
I happen to know Syrians, Iraqis, Israelis and others.. They are all Good people..

Don't include WE or US as the governments that need to be stopped..
edit on 1/30/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Because while Israel has been a big exporter of UAVs, they don't really have that many armed ones of their own. Most UAVs used by the IAF are of the HALE or High Altitude Long Endurance type, designed to loiter over an area for a long period of time and observe. They have a few MALE types which do the same thing at lower altitudes, but not a lot of armed UAVs for some reason.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Agreed. I did not vote for any of this crap either (;

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Israel claims that the convoy was carrying SA-17 Surface to Air Missiles, and was struck along the Damascus-Beirut road, near the border. They carried out three strikes using 12 aircraft.

Syria claims that it wasn't a convoy, but a research center inside Syria in rural Damascus. So far all that's really known for sure is that an attack took place.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I am not a fan of Israel, nor its past practices.

But, in this case I feel they are doing the right thing.

They havent been hitting random targets, they hit a weapons convoy travelling into lebanon which, lets be honest, was post probably carrying some sort of chemical weapon.

Not everything Israel does is worthy of the 'criminal' label!

edit to add, this is on the assumption it WAS a weapons convoy!
edit on 30-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
The most surprising thing about this story is that they are still using jets to intrude on another countries airspace,why don`t they use drones like the U.S. does?

How about they mind their own business and use nothing? Who the hell are the to go into another countries airspace with anything and with that, what do they think they are achieving? Peace or something..

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

What makes you think they were chemical weapons? You do realise how risky that would be considering armed thugs are waiting for the first opportunity to cease a few of them? I'm thinking weapons to Hezbollah but even if that is true, whats the big deal? They have done it for years.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've always been curious about just what is going on in Syria. Perhaps you all remember this event 5 years ago? Syria didn't even make a peep in the media. Total blackout from them.

Don't get me wrong, any country that invites the wrath of NATO and the intelligence community of the West makes them a juicy target for sympathy from anyone wised up to how the "game of thrones" operates. But I also cannot forget that Syria, like Egypt, was infamous for being a CIA rendition hotspot exclusively for interrogation techniques not legal in the West (read: torture).

I will be following Syria's reaction closely.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

exactly my point!
Israel hitting the weapons convoy isnt worthy of the people calling them war mongers, the devil etc.

If Hezbollah were recieving weapons, chemical or not i think Israel are entitled to strike them, as they did!

top topics

join