It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NFL Super Bowl referee conspiracy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I've never made a thread here and hope this doesn't get turfed to the US sports area, as I think this story is the definition of a conspiracy.

Yahoo! Sports - Officials question NFL's process for selecting Super Bowl referee

"You see grades being changed, constantly being changed, only for certain people," one official told Yahoo! Sports.

At issue is an allegation that the NFL selects who will referee the Super Bowl based on favoritism, not solely on merit. This leads to Jerome Boger, the NFL's presumed selection to referee Super Bowl XLVII on Feb. 3. On Monday, the website footballzebras.com reported that Boger received eight downgrades during the 2012 season and all eight were reversed. Multiple sources with knowledge of the grading system made the same claim to Yahoo! Sports.

"[Boger] shouldn't even be eligible for the game," one said. "Everybody basically knows what's happening. You see when grades appear, and when grades mysteriously disappear. Any incorrect call or missed call will disappear for no reason at all."

Some have blamed the system for being broke though when you look at it, and when these other officials look at it, they seem to think the reason for Boger going is for one of two reasons. The NFL altered it's rules and made an exception because other referees had bad-named the League and the other reason is to further the League's wish for more adversity, as Boger is African-American. Mike Carey, a well regarded African-American referee, wasn't chosen, though earlier in the year he took a bow the first game the referee lockout ended, which is believed to have irked the League.

This definitely isn't on the same level as most conspiracies, but look at it. We have the NFL brass who are supposed to be working for their people, the players, but instead of giving those players the best referees, they are pulling strings in order to further their agenda. It seems exactly like what the government could be accused of except on a less diabolical level.

I was hesitant to post because I don't know the reaction this will get, if any, but figured why not.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

Unfortunately, this happens everyday and in every aspect of life. That under qualified guy who got the job instead of me because his dad is good friends with the boss; that referee who got the super bowl selection because somebody owes him one; that president that got elected because 'the powers that be' wanted him elected.

In this world, it's really not at all about what you know, it's who you know and how well you know them.

BTW, I'm a huge 49ers fan, and this is going to be a great Super Bowl regardless of who wins. This 2nd-3rd tier ref better not ef it up.
edit on 1/30/2013 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

As long as it isn't the ref who ripped the Broncos out of a win over the Ravens.......That guy needs fired like NOW!!

The Ravens shouldn't even be here......Oh wait, Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh......Yeah let's make sure that happens.....Good publicity....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Really the NFL conspiracy theory.... Isn't there something better to use our time discussing...? Don't get me wrong i'm salty the Bears stunk it up this years.... I'm happy, Lovie Smith got the boot. I care not for the shoddy calls by the refs ever game that is played or how they obtained those refs. Bad calls are bad calls.

Da Bears da bears da bears~

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

As I said, it's definitely not the most diabolical conspiracy or on the same level as others, but it is one that is within a major organization. It's also widely known/suspected, which seems to be the same as other conspiracies directed towards the government. Just kind of shows that a conspiracy can exist and people ignoring it.

And I see this did get turfed to the OT: US sports area. Oh well. At least it seems it interests some.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Really? Wow, it just goes to show, that it all depends on whose side you cheer for. Lot of missed penalties by the Broncos, yet the Ravens got called on some of the dumbest ones I've ever seen. No Ref threw that game for the Ravens, they had to come from behind and win it for them selves. Peyton just couldn't deliver in the end.

Anyway, like I said, "It's all depends on whose side your on"!

new topics

top topics

join