It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Base Discovered On Moons Surface In Old NASA photo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher26

Some amazing and beautiful pictures, thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
It does look like the Apollo module....But it also looks like it's on the moon! lol

Confused.com.

That is what lack of 3d/depth perception does.. Impossible to judge distance in many cases.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
No boot or track marks around the 'base'? that image is of the Apollo being approached by the luna lander or leaving it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just an amazing Original Post, in how badly researched and deceptive it is.

Things like that make the UFO enthusiast community look like kooks. Which is bad.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher26

Thanks for the link Watcher, browsing the photos, I uncovered this anomaly, showing a strange structure inside a crater.

I would have thought that all craters centrers would be level.

Here is the cropped image.

And the original pic, moon pic

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here's a screenshot from a Luna Cognita video showing the Apollo 10 Command Module and calling it a UFO. it"s like saying, "if we can lie so blatantly, why should you believe so-called credible witnesses?"

At least in the video you can tell it's not an alien base, because the lunar surface in the background is in motion relative to the Command Module, which the Luna Cognita clowns can say is technically a UFO if they deny knowing what it really is.

edit on 30-1-2013 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Watchfull

Hi Watchfull, are you talking about the central mound in the crater? If so its a natural feature of some high-energy impacts. As the meteorite crashes into a solid surface it melts the rock, this then rebounds and forms the central peak.

Here's a particularly fine example on Mimas, one of the moons of Saturn:

edit on 30/1/2013 by PheonixReborn because: Bouncy keyboard

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PheonixReborn
reply to post by Watchfull

Hi Watchfull, are you talking about the central mound in the crater? If so its a natural feature of some high-energy impacts. As the meteorite crashes into a solid surface it melts the rock, this then rebounds and forms the central peak.

Yes, and it looks to me that the physics behind it is similar to what happens in the Explosively Formed Penetrator. Except instead of the shaped explosive, the energy comes from the impact, gets reflected from the bowl-shaped surface of compacted rock and finally produces the bump in the middle as a result of focus effect. Just like in EFP.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Here's a shot of what happens as a drop of water hits a surface. The droplet which has rebounded falls back. On a solid body it forms a central mound.

edit on 30/1/2013 by PheonixReborn because: Forgot the photo! :-)

edit on 30/1/2013 by PheonixReborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Are you saying the Apollo module is a base?

Ok....

Where is the shadow cast from this supposed base? There are shadows created by all the craters yet none for such a large base?

There are none because this object (The Apollo Command Module) is miles above the surface of the moon. Hence no shadows...

This is silly!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PheonixReborn

That is a bad ass picture. It would be awesome to have seen that impact when it happened.
Thanks for posting that.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rightwing

Man made yes. Man from earth that is.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

C.mon, man! You're "not claiming it's an alien base", and then title your thread, "Alien Base...On the Moon...". Well, if YOU don't think it's an Alien Base, title your thread that way, e.g., "Clearly NOT an Alien Base on the Moon" or something similar.

As has been pointed out and already shrugged off by nearly everyone, this is the Apollo command module photographed by the lunar module in lunar orbit - and NOTHING MORE.

Threads like this do nothing but give ATS and the whole truth-seeking, legitimate, Alien/UFO research effort a humongous black eye. Dealing with junk like this, and the fools that perpetuate it, is the reason we have to deal with the "ridicule factor" when trying to find out what is really going on.

No wonder the media and certainly all of the scientific and academic community refuse to touch this subject with a 10-foot pole. Kooks, charlatans, and opportunists regularly come out of the woodwork like cockroaches dragging with them stupid claims and absurd 'evidence' that is not only ludicrous but laughable and counterproductive as well.

Next time, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE, or DO NOT CLAIM to agree with something then DON"T BRING IT HERE!

Don't you understand that by perpetuating the fallacy and repeating the lie, you give strength to the detractors and critics, and skeptics who will point to it and say, "See - look at these idiots! Look at what they claim is a UFO (or "Moon Base")". Stop spreading the Lies!

It's threads like this that make me wish ATS would bring back the "negative star" or whatever. As it is, all I can do is vote:

:bnghd:
:bash:

edit on 1/30/2013 by Outrageo because:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Judging by the size of the crater compared to the size of Mimas it must have come very close to smashing the moon to pieces. I agree it would have been an awesome sight.... from a distance!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Looking at the photos, I dont believe it is the lunar landing modual, I have a duplicate model of the lander and its more box shape with a octogan inner, which may look like a circule from a disance but the landing legs pertrude out and I don't see these in the photos.....Good question is what is it really?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
And this is another prime example of why these topics are not taken seriously.

Its amazing how much damage conspiracy theorists do to their own cause.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Hi Outrageo, I can't help but agree with your post. I've been a long time believer that something is happening which needs to be explained. I don't know if its along the lines of the 'nuts and bolts' explanation or something more along the lines of Vallee and Keal. Maybe even unexplained natural phenomena like Earth Lights or ball lightning.

What gets my goat is people who want to believe in extraterrestrials so much that they clutch at any straw which blows into their vision. I've been called a skeptic and a dis-info agent so many times (not on here) that I have to take a deep breath before I reply.

I have only a basic education in science but sometimes an explanation which seems so obvious to me is attacked by people who really don't want to listen to logic and would much rather ridicule those of us who are simply trying to find the most logical explanation!

God knows how Phage keeps his cool!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
Looking at the photos, I dont believe it is the lunar landing modual, I have a duplicate model of the lander and its more box shape with a octogan inner, which may look like a circule from a disance but the landing legs pertrude out and I don't see these in the photos.....Good question is what is it really?

Its not the landing module. Its the command module.

Have you actually read this thread and looked at the pictures?

*begins deep breathing exercises*

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyleisboss
You can't be serious. Thank you for taking 5 seconds of my life that I will never get back.

I understand your sentiments (really... I do!) but it would be more helpful if you read the whole thread and corroborated the explanations of the people you agree with.

Just slapping someone down only encourages polarisation of positions and doesn't really help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join