It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This weather front has to be near record size. 1/30/13

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Wow, this front stretches cleanly from the Gulf of Mexico all the way to the Great Lakes. I don't remember one this straight, clear, and uninterrupted. Storm systems seem to be getting larger, and more extreme. Good luck to all those in it's path. Stay aware.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

Quit complaining. We get that kind of weather on a regular basis, except for the tornadoes. It drops forty degrees within hours here a lot. Get used to it, it's the new norm. We decided to share our winters with the rest of the country, if you don't like it than we will take bribes in leau of snow removal money to take it back.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Spitting out snow here, it was 74 degrees yesterday...

Hope this kills some of the insects that took up residency in the gardens over this winter because of the lack of consecutive snow and cold.

This is what sets up drought, so the little bands of storm clouds are welcome here in the bread basket.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
GREAT...this is headed straight for me! Doesnt seem to look too bad though. Weve had 30 degree weather early this week in the Carolinas, now sitting at 70 and clear and beautiful, back to some rough patches in the next day or so judging by the looks of that front

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There was another front like this a few years ago. It spawned twisters from Texas up to Canada.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

62 yesterday in southwestern PA, 60 this morning, supposed to be 20 and rain/snow tonight.....Great

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I have seen those lots of times. It is the time of year that is concerning me the most.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm in Sudbury Ontario roughly dead centre of the top edge of that front,was minus 9c yesterday Temps went up to plus 2c overnight. Supposed to go to plus 5c by lunchtime today with a heavy rain warning then flash freeze to minus14c this afternoon.
Currently, all roads in and out of town are closed due to freezing rain. They are calling for 15 to 20 cm of snow starting this afternoon.
I'm glad I have nowhere I have to go.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This looks fairly normal for the East Coast at this time of the year.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
North Western Virginia here.

It was 70 degrees here yesterday and is 63 right now. The storm line should get here about 2:00 pm EST. The "heavy stuff" prob not till about 5 or 6. Calling for thunderstorms, high winds and heavy rain. We're under a high wind advisory and flash flood watch. Guess we'll see.

Supposed to be back in the 20's with snow on Friday.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
*scratches head* That looks pretty normal to me. When it comes to winter fronts, our meteorologists typically go over the whole thing, top to bottom. We're not getting anything out of it as far as I know, beyond a drizzle at best overnight in S. FL. Looks normal for up north, definitely within normal for the forecast locally.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My family lives in NE Illinois and I was up watching Intellicast's radar map until at least midnight last night, MST. It's not just the time of year that seems strange, but up until maybe 1 1/2 years ago, I don't recall tornadoes ripping through places in the middle of the night/early morning like they do now. Why is this never mentioned? I grew up in tornado alley all my life and, while they did occur on occasion, tornadoes just didn't start forming and ripping through at night. Late afternoon until early evening was when they happened and once it got to be dark out, you kind of didn't have to worry so much.

Is this indicative of what's to come this summer? I wonder. The weather seemed to change a couple of years after we moved to CO, Illinois ALWAYS had predictable, nasty winters, very cold, snowy, icy. Like clockwork, end of October brings freezing rain and it gets colder and snowier all the way through March. Now when I talk to family, I always hear about how mild and warm it is there and they love it! It worries me, frankly.

Here in CO, in the town I live in, we don't even have tornado sirens, they took them down & out because they were never needed. Yet, I can't tell you how many tornado warnings we've had the past two years and unless you have a radio or TV on, you just don't know. The wildest weather I've seen was the epic hail storm last spring. It hailed, non-stop, for almost 2 hours straight, hail the size of golf balls. Windows bowed in but thankfully never broke, but every tree and plant in my yard and garden was completely destroyed, and snow plows had to come through to the clear the hail, which was a few feet deep in spots. Further south in the Springs, floods happened because the sewer drains were blocked by the quick onslaught of hail.

My point? Weather patterns just seem unusual and that is the new normal, so no one really discusses it or thinks too much about it. But I'm telling you, with the whole naming of snow storms and the warnings after Sandy of bigger, more intense storms to come, I think we've only started seeing some intense natural disasters.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
That looks pretty intense. In Chicago on the 29th it's was warm like a end of summer day. Today it feels like a cold snap is about to take place and whatever moisture was let off is going to blanket us in snow.

After looking at your link. I worry about the blue, I'm thinking of a blanket and hot cocoa.

At the same time I think the East Coast has been pummled enough last year... Brace yourselfs looks like a doosie~

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This weather system is being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join