It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"There is only now" is not only a spiritual concept. The past is quite literally an illusion.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

so you say we germans would not be allowed to "overthrough our conecpt of linear" time because we have to stay in realtionship to a feeling of guilt?????

Yes, something like that.

It's no use our having ideas if our ideas are not consistent. Any philosophy that denies the reality of past events also denies the Holocaust. Certainly you can't say 'the past is an illusion' and simultaneously hold people responsible for events in the past.

I respectfully suggest that such a consideration, on its own, should dissuade any thoughtful and sensitive German from seeking to promote ideas of this kind.

reply to post by BrandonD

What I love is that usually the people who say this are the very same people who, when black people bring up slavery, say: "That was forever ago, no one alive has ever owned a slave, get over it!"

Well, I'm not one of those people.

edit on 31/1/13 by Astyanax because: one of those people.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by NorEaster

Dam* NE, that made me smile ...even if it's kinda mean in that swat the fairy to the earth way. I just wanted to say that I enjoy your brain, soul ...whatever.

Hell, I was just having a little fun with the kid. What I find fascinating is that my posts in these "esoteric" threads are so aggressively ignored by the believers who share in their celebration of the impossible. The sad truth is that truth is the last thing that anyone here is really interested in. I guess that there's no age of enlightenment sitting just over the horizon for the occupants of this little space rock. Just more silliness and insipid drama.

Oh well.

edit on 1/31/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

I think you just watched Cloud Atlas...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I came to the conclusion may years ago that everything about the past is BS. That the only way to have a decent idea of what has taken place is by experiencing it yourself. And even this is not a surefire way of knowing the past. Temporal distance and personal POV will distort what you think you know and don’t know. This is not to say I don’t believe some e things happened. I do think the holocaust took place for instance. However, the more meticulous the detail, the more likely it is to be wrong. For all we know only 3 million Jews were killed or even 11 million. in the end, there is no real way of knowing and belief in your own knowledge is all you can rely on.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by david99118

Since it is very possible we exist in a Multiversal system...this means Time is not linear. Therefor in Quantum based reality all events exist concurent.

There is evidence for this in the manner that Quanta such as Photons exist as both particle and wave as well as a single Photon can have more than one function and be reflected off the Electron Orbital Fields of Atoms and at the same time also ground.

Point is the Past is very real as well as infinite possible futures.

I am not Jewish but if I was I would probably be upset with you. The numbers of Jews killed in Nazi camps was very well documented by the Nazi's who if anything kept meticulous records.

American and Russian troops also witnessed such horrors as they liberated the Death Camps so this is a well documented and witnessed Horror.

I fail to see your logic on this...if you have any at all.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by david99118
I came to the conclusion may years ago that everything about the past is BS. That the only way to have a decent idea of what has taken place is by experiencing it yourself. And even this is not a surefire way of knowing the past. Temporal distance and personal POV will distort what you think you know and don’t know. This is not to say I don’t believe some e things happened. I do think the holocaust took place for instance. However, the more meticulous the detail, the more likely it is to be wrong. For all we know only 3 million Jews were killed or even 11 million. in the end, there is no real way of knowing and belief in your own knowledge is all you can rely on.

Concerning the number of Jews killed by the German eradication process, there were meticulous records maintained throughout the entire period of time - from the original bullet-in-the-head phase, clear through to the wholesale industrial gassing phase - and we have very good information concerning how many were systematically murdered during the Holocaust. The numbers get fuzzier when the deaths that occurred during the ghetto years are estimated, but even then, the Nazis were much better at records than most insane regimes have been, and it's not as fuzzy as some revisionists would have us believe.

It took 20 years - after the fall of that government - for Germany to finish the paperwork. That'll give you a fairly good idea of just how comprehensive the Nazis were when it came to documenting their activities. They taught our own government a thing or two about bureaucratic red tape.

edit on 2/1/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by david99118

Since it is very possible we exist in a Multiversal system...this means Time is not linear. Therefor in Quantum based reality all events exist concurent.

There is evidence for this in the manner that Quanta such as Photons exist as both particle and wave as well as a single Photon can have more than one function and be reflected off the Electron Orbital Fields of Atoms and at the same time also ground.

The particle/wave issue is nothing more than the context within which the observer perceives the activity of the photon. The particle is the photon in isolation, whereas the wave is the particle observed as one holon contribution (among an uncountable plurality) within a larger inclusive trajectory holon of photons. Nothing has changed other than the specific context that what is being observed is being showcased within. It's like when you see a silky red slip on a pretty woman at a cocktail lounge, and it's a much different image than if you were to see it on a man in a boxing ring as he's coming at you. Same dress, but definitely not the same image burned into your mind forever. Still, that dress hasn't changed at all.

Point is the Past is very real as well as infinite possible futures.

I am not Jewish but if I was I would probably be upset with you. The numbers of Jews killed in Nazi camps was very well documented by the Nazi's who if anything kept meticulous records.

American and Russian troops also witnessed such horrors as they liberated the Death Camps so this is a well documented and witnessed Horror.

I fail to see your logic on this...if you have any at all.

Split Infinity

Other than the common misconception of particle-wave disparity and the associated conclusion that (I have to admit) has no actual connection to the particle-wave disparity issue (that time in nonlinear?) I concur. The past sets up the present to be what it is, and always has. Time is rigidly linear in that respect.
edit on 2/1/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
That guy totally looks and sounds like a mix between Gilbert Gottfried and French Stewart. Wow, it's uncanny. Anyway, I too have heard hypotheses similar to this for some time now, and although I cannot say with any certainty that any one of them is correct, it does make sense, especially when combined with other ideas. I think part of the explanation of time and space will have to do with what we call the paranormal, or related phenomena. I have reached the point where I have experienced enough both personally, and through other people, that I do not question that aspect of existence any longer. I just accept it. That is all you really can do when personally witnessing something other people claim does not exist. Telling yourself it never happened is just a recipe for psychological issues imo.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

you are wrong. Sorry. But light can travel in both ways. And you know what. You are right in some ways. That secret you are referring to is not so much relevant to time span forward of backwards. But what they mean by the now is absolute. Think of it like this way, when people try to say that there is parallel dimensions or by their definition and understanding these dimensions are another plane or universe. For some reason. That's just how people think and its wrong. This is the absolute universe we are living in, where all things passed and present exist in the NOW.

Does that make a little bit more sense? Okay i can try to elaborate a bit further. People say that there is a soul plane, lower plane astral plane, multi dimensional beings and so forth. Look. Im going to explain all this and make it very very clear. There is only 1 Universe, and we are living in it. There is no layers of multi universes, what you see out there is what you get. Now as for what we can't see. Simply put, is out of our range of senses, theres nothing paranormal about it. Some people are more sensitive and their range of senses are have a higher cap than others, but by all means. Ur not staring into a portal to another universe or dimension.

Now getting back to time, what it is, and how and why we can go back and forth. Time, to us, since we are mostly solid matter we follow the rules of solid matter physics reacting with gravity and initial frame dragging, which is caused by the earths spin creating the flow of time as gravity pulls towards the center and *weaves* strings of light created by gravity we call time. In order to see into the passed, one must be able to to accelerate faster than the speed of light in the opposite direction to see light in the passed, if any resonance remains. To physically go back in time, you would need to coat yourself in an electromagnetic sphere, turn into light. and do the same process. Seeing into the passed is something we humans will beable to accomplish but to travel one needs a veil to pass through unharmed. Im sure there are projects going on using similar technology.
Basically if you can go faster than light, you wont be bound by the laws of gravity to the degree that your following the exact same effects the speed of light feels at its slowing down point. If you travel as light and move as light in to the passed in theory if you were to slow down, you would either see the current world as is in this time. Or you would be converted back into slow moving atoms after traveling and be caught in the flow of time gravity and dragging as in the passed. because your moving faster then all physical matter. and technically everything becomes light at that point. So moving in the opposite direction and flicking the switch off should leave you at what every point you accelerated at. but it would have to be faster than the speed of light in order to work, That or on par with light.

A good example of this is this www.youtube.com... You can see around corners, beyond line of sight.
edit on 1-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I was thinking about this stuff this past week(maybe I've just manifested here?), because well, I've tried to manifest some "small stuff" this past month, and the thing is, when I look at the date, they're almost always in the past. It led me to conclude that whatever I think, the universe is "teleporting" me or "rearranges" itself into a universe that acquiese to those thoughts. They say nothing happens by chance, so might as well explain my theory here.

Think of the universe as a large, dark, infinite sea of invisible waves, and you are one of those waves. EVERY "positive" thought(not sure about negative) that you have affect another wave "somewhere"(butterfly efffect). Think of the timeline in the video "imagining the 10th dimension." Pick a location, and name this location "the present." Every thought that you have at that location, the events in that timeline, regardless of behind or in front(or past or future), "rearrange" themselves according to that thought(note that however, at this point, most events will stay the same, only the person or wave that you think of will change). The problem is that since you are within that timeline and cannot see multiple timelines at once, you think the past can't be changed, but it's in fact had. I think NoEaster explained it best.

If we can change the past, then what if your grandma was dead and you want her to be alive? The answer to that is no, you can't do that, because your consciousness is too weak at this point to make something as "miraculous" like that happen(or perhaps you've agreed to in "your contract" that that can't happen. Once again, there are implications to immortality.). Right now, in most cases, you can only affect one or a few waves(and it will happen quicker if those waves have similar thoughts as yours). If you want to affect more waves, then your consciousness has to be stronger. How do we do that? Well, that I'm still trying to find out.

What if two people have different thoughts about the same object, say for some reasons, one person wants a tree to die, and another wants it to revive? My guess is each person gets teleported into his own universe. This, would IMO, solve the free will problem(in other words, since each person "gets" his own universe, neither is violating each other's free will).

Anyway, the point of all this is that past events can be changed. There is a misconception here and that is that time doesn't change. The fact is time always moves forward. After each thought, time still moves. Just because past events can be changed or that they're an illusion, doesn't mean that time doesn't move. Even if you reduce everything to a single conciousness, it still moves, after each thought this "ultimate consciousness" has.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

A thought is a thought. It is US who labels it as negative. A thought happens and it is labeled as positive or a thought happens and it is labeled as negative, but in reality is is still a thought - it is the same thing in essence.

The light feeds on this thoughts allowing them to grow into a bigger and stronger accumulation. The darkness releases it to become empty which then allows for more acceptance and feeling of freedom.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

The reason this concept of 'now' cannot be pinned to a matrixable peg, is because it is always in movement...

The past (although repeatable by proxy, and often looking the same) does not change...it is set in concrete, so to speak...

The future includes all possibilities and probabilities, that are collapsed in the 'now' by choice...

Both past and future do not per se exist, as live-able realities (except through the choice of 'reliving' or the unfortunate reliving of traumatic events - which establishes them in the 'now')...

The future, quite literally, is dependant on the 'now' (as it is the point at which a future path is chosen/selected).

take responsibility and charge of the 'now'...and witness how closely this resembles a future outcome...this is not a philosophical idea, it is the way things work...

A99

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Since all atoms are disintegrating and being rebuilt with subatomic particles coming in at speeds way faster than light itself, we must realize MATTER IS NOT SOLID but being GENERATED by rivers of these tacions.these particles have memory stored on them ,this is how they know what atom to land on.as evidence look at high speed rotating mass, causes FRAME DRAGGING IN THE GENERATION OF ATOMS.
My whole point is nothing is what it seems and I believe since the atoms of our brains are also blinking on and off ....OUR MEMORIES HAVE TO BE CARRIED ON BOARD THESE TIME TRAVILING REINFORCEMENT TACIONS .

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by supergravity

Since all atoms are disintegrating and being rebuilt with subatomic particles coming in at speeds way faster than light itself, we must realize MATTER IS NOT SOLID but being GENERATED by rivers of these tacions.these particles have memory stored on them ,this is how they know what atom to land on.as evidence look at high speed rotating mass, causes FRAME DRAGGING IN THE GENERATION OF ATOMS.
My whole point is nothing is what it seems and I believe since the atoms of our brains are also blinking on and off ....OUR MEMORIES HAVE TO BE CARRIED ON BOARD THESE TIME TRAVILING REINFORCEMENT TACIONS .

you are absolutely right. and this is what everyone else fails to realize. Might i ask. Have you seen all this in a dream before? or is it a vague memory? You got everything spot on. The gravity and force of earth pull with the energy generated by light slowing down creates initial frame dragging which gives us the appearance of time. Hes absolutely right. Because if you move faster than the speeds of light you ignore all those physical laws that initial frame dragging causes and you are able to move through the wound up time. Its not actually wound up like a clock, but the strings tether to each other, the strings of light. Its a complicated thought but once you understand it its actually quite easy to think out. It explains time perfectly. Also because of this effect of time and frame dragging.

You guys probably havin't realized this, but all time felt on this planet and in this solar system will be different from those on other stars. And its not because the rotation of the star creating night and day, its the physical gravity and its pull with light that causes its own set of time. So us viewing other planets and stars. We can't possibly know how time is felt there without equipment. even then. The frame dragging will physically make the machine run faster or slower... so. It would be nearly impossible to actually know. God i love space and all its wackyness.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

WoooooW, Thanks for you're intelligent response! I have posted this information three times on similar threads and WAS IGNORED ,NOT EVEN ANY MOCKERY.I have even more evidence about the connection between CONSIOUSNESS AND MATTER that I will post in a few minutes, I hope someone else also runs this mind candy though there organic computer and chimes in .

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by supergravity

Virtual particles appear and disappear - they appear in (and to) that which has always been present.

It has nothing to do with time. The appearance is constantly changing presently.

Nothing has to be carried anywhere - it is all seen to be happening in what you are.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

Its funny you mention dreams , yes I see day time visions of higher level systems and MACHINES so advanced I have to reverse engineer them to see how they work.But back to the subject at hand. this article shows how the mind adds and takes away info that forms are memories, not only is matter an illusion, consciousness is also MANUFACUERED TO FORM OUR MEMORIES.

I strongly believe the evidence points to the fact WE ARE IN A HUGE LIVING QUANTUM COMPUTER, and as you said time and everything else is generated by said HIGHER LEVEL SYSTEMS.

It is possible that when we drive down the road the road is being generated for THE OBSERVER ON THE FLY, and there is actually nothing over the horizon.
In other words the cat is not in the box till someone opens the box and makes the observation, there is proof of this in the split photon test conducted once a year in memory of its inventor.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think our consciousness is only able to see a freeze-frame at a time of what's 'really' there. All quarks exist in all times simultaneously, it's only our minds that are traveling through time.

If we could see the true 4 dimensional nature of the Universe it would appear like a circle of strings of particles, widest on one side and infinitely narrow at a point on the opposite side. Our view of the Universe is just a 3D 'cross section' of that 4D plane.

All times exist and the only reason I perceive the 'now' as being the year 2013 is because I was born in the year 1990 of a certain calendar a certain species on a certain planet uses and I've been alive for 23 years. Every other year the Universe has or will exist still/already exists just as much as this moment.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

I think what you mean is the optic nerve takes spiral pictures at only 10 Hertz, this is very slow in a fast paced world and many things are missed in our vision of reality.But what you say is interesting, but if matter is not solid then all laws of newton are out the window and we are relying on perceived thoughts that have been MUNIPULATED BY ONE OR MORE SYSTEMS THAT WE CANNOT UNDERSTAND.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

calendar date and rotation of the sun is not what were talking about. But your theory of how a 5th dimensional sees the world. Maybe. To me, If i were a 5th dimensional based on what iv seen. I would use psychic radar, and with my ability with consciousness i can see into the passed by turning into energy and generating my own electromagnetic field strong enough to ignore earths. I would be able to move through initial frame dragging with no problems, as the phenomenon dissolves at that point.
edit on 3-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

And yup, nothing is truly solid. What people mistake by that is, when they say stuff like that they get this idea that a desk or a chair does not exist because nothing is solid mass. Let me explain lol. Just because the they say its not solid, does not make it any less solid
its just kinda of impossible to lay an element exactly up against another and then sandwiching them into a SOLID 1 chuck molecule is impossible. Because even the smallest of partials have an electro magnetic field with its own properties that repel against one another. They say nothing is solid matter because of this, but just because its not solid does not mean its not dense. Density is caused by the amount of attraction attributed to the partials being magnetically bonded. Every partial is a magnet, and if people fail to understand this then yes. You have many assumptions on the fly coming out here and there. Also what people fail to realize is that heat is energy and excites particals into *liquid* because energy has the ability to convert magnetic currents, stop magnetic currents or create them. Now think energy being, It lacks the effects of initial frame dragging, it can move as fast as it wants. its pure energy, it can touch a wall, excite the particals turn it into liquid and just walk through. Or walk through very quickly so fast that it looks like they teleported. Making any sense?
edit on 3-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join