It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-Year-Old Girl Who Performed At Obama Inauguration Shot Dead...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
why is it that all the news is covering is gun violence all of a sudden? interesting she was w mr obama prior to this..how many others were shot? was she the only one? tens of thousands of people around the world are shot every day. and overseas, but you never hear that side of things. also it says he jumped a fence and opened fire..first i must ask, why that much effort? second id like to know how many others were shot and injured. and third if the answer is only her, you can bet that was a hit. people just dont jump fences to kill random people, thats be too much effort for these neanderthals, not to mention half of them stay in their pj's all day long, why would they work to jump a fence

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

"This farther affirms my belief that Barack Obama is evil and probably an alien who came to earth with an evil agenda.

How sad"

Retarded Comment is retarded

edit on 31-1-2013 by Hawkmoon1972 because: Forgot to quote

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
sad

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigman88

Originally posted by SPEZNA1
There really is no quick fix to this, seems to get worse with each generation. I am in the belief that it all starts at home, how you were raised. Discipline has all been but removed from the parents, or better yet the parents have allowed this to happen.

I have three children and I base my discipline on respect, not fear....although they do fear me to some extent i'm sure. My wife offers up the nuturing....soft touch and I guess that I am the hammer. If you are wondering....the answer is no.....I don't abuse my children but I am firm. I can count on one hand how many times I have given a swat to the butt. I am persistant and constant......I am a parent.

With that being said, are my children going to turn out as i wish?

Your right to a degree; it does start at home, but what if the the structure of the home has been slowly eroding and weakening in these parts of the neighborhood? How much rationale care, discipline, and sense can parents dole out when they have to work 2-3 jobs that barely, if ever, make ends meet, adding the amount of time available for the little boy to influenced by his #t* environment? Pops is either dead or locked because he succumbed to hood trappings for money, respect or both back in his day So mama is left to work several jobs and no time to properly instill a sense of diligence, compassion and hard work in her child. Even if she did, sometimes the kid is more influenced more by his/her surroundings and the people he/ she meets on a day to day basis while mom is slaving away at her menial, minimum paying job during the day.

Why did our government decide to give black people the freedom to do whatever back in the 60's, but then skulk behind the curtains and modify and destroy the economic infrastructure of these areas so that people must work ungodly hours to barely make ends meet, be paid less wages, increase business and property tax after a while it became rare or impossible for any resident to be able to afford to own or operate a business, force silly educational standards that eliminated curriculum of REAL history and life lessons that were taught to students, and detract or all around cancel funding for everything you can think of in these areas?Why cant poor, black areas gain any approval from then city to anything to improve the neighborhood that doesn't require the city to do it for them? That's because they don't want things improved there.

The least to no amount of capital and funding for these areas produce the worst schools, the worst textbooks, the worst businesses, the worst buildings, the worst surrounding environments (areas looking like wartime Croatia), the worst standard of living CAN or WILL produce the worst society. Lets not forget U.S. gun and drug trafficking into poor areas, people!

I'm seeing these thoughts and ideas of forced abortion and NDAA lock up and guantanomo bay, and killing them on sight before they kill somebody else. But i guess outreach programs and community centers that has been proven to turn out large amounts of former or potential bangers is not to be bothered with. Just kill them! Lets not think about the root economic cause!

Friggin gung ho idiots....

10-4 to that. Poor neighbor hoods are designed to fail, some may not agree. You hit the nail on the head with parents having to work so much just to make ends meet, again I think that is by design.

As parents we have alot of competition to keep our kids on the straight and narrow, that's why it take BOTH parents to be there. Unfortunatly, a marriage is not a sacred as it used to be.

When my second and third children decided that they would bless our lives at the same time (Twins), my wife and I had to make a choice. Daycare for the girls was 400 a week and that was a little bit more than what my wife was making at that time. We decided that she would stay home until they reached school age, they just started school this year and she is trying to get back to work.

The last six years of our life took a toll on me because I became the soul bread winner. It took a toll on my wife because of the stress of handling twins, cleaning, cooking, paying the bills and putting up with me working so much. I was layed off when the housing bubble burst, we ended up on unemployment and welfare and eventualy lost our home. But....we DO NOT regret the decisions we made for my wife to stay at home.

My girls (for the most part) are just like their mommy, sweethearts, caring and they both know how much we love them. Now would I be saying the same thing if they were in a daycare for the last six years....I don't think so.

I ended up getting a better job than what I had and was able to provide for my 3 children and my wife, we live pay check to pay check.....but....we are TOGETHER and we love each other very much.

Jus' Sayin'

spez

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Obviously these are planned attacks .. most of them at least .. for so many shootings to happen when the gun debate is going on .. it's a no brainer ..

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Gang culture grew from poverty. Economics baby! Until we wake up and give basic life support and a modicum of comfort to everyone we can, even those "lazy" and "undeserving," then this idiocy and violence will continue in the numbers it is.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by jibeho

Gang culture grew from poverty. Economics baby! Until we wake up and give basic life support and a modicum of comfort to everyone we can, even those "lazy" and "undeserving," then this idiocy and violence will continue in the numbers it is.

The govt is currently doing just that. They have made people "comfortably poor" and endlessly dependent on the Govt. for the basic needs of life. Furthermore, those who know how to work all angles of the system are able to live quite better than an average worker who collects Zero in public assistance.

Housing subsidies, EBT cards, Obama phones, Disability, multiple fatherless children to get larger welfare checks.... They've got it made and have enough cash to pay for tattoos, gold teeth, and the latest pair of Air Jordans...

People need to have skin in the game if we will ever break the circle of poverty and govt. dependence that is bankrupting our country. Just look at the record breaking numbers of people collecting welfare, food stamps and disability in the last 4 years alone... We have past our tipping point when nearly 50% of the population pays zero income tax leaving the rest of us to pay the bills for the govt and those who leach off of it.

I am all for temporary safety nets to Help people to either stay on their feet in the event of job loss or to get back on their feet. But generation after generation of complete dependence will get these people and our nation nowhere... Teach an man to fish and you feed him for life!!!! Give him the fish and he comes knocking on your door the next time he is hungry. Lock your door and he will break it down...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Having lived in Chicago (inner-city, not suburbs) my whole life, this article epitimizes the senseless violence that occurs here everyday. Everyday you can turn on the news (though I don't watch T.V.) and hear about a murder somewhere in the city. EVERY GOD DAMNED DAY!

I lost a friend to the gun/gang violence. He was the first murder of Chicago last year, the day after New Years. Shot in the back of the head through a car windshield. Reason: They stopped to take a pee (I know I know) and a 17 year old kid felt that was the chance to prove himself, by shooting an innocent kid, and I mean truly innocent. Good kid, good parents, gone.

I've been what they call 'checked' by countless gangs, and everytime they 'check' you, you have no idea if it'll be your last day. Just the other day, I'm waiting at a red light when 4 Latin Kings ran up at my car flashing gang signs trying to intimidate me, asking me what gang I belong to, even though I'm clearly not in a gang. Now, Chicago has a downright BAN on ALL handguns and assault rifles, assault being defined as automatic fire.

If there wasn't a handgun ban, and citizens of Chicago knew that any person at any time could be carrying a gun, I think I'd be getting 'checked' a lot less often. Not from fear that they will we be shot, but from the respect that must be given to ANYONE who carries a gun. If everyone has one, no-one needs one.

Granted it was a group of kids that were attacked and legally couldn't carry one anyway, but kids, especially school kids, are generally left alone. I have a hard time believing this story as someone who 'jumped a fence, looked at the (probably scared) faces of the kids, and opened fire'. Kind of hard to believe if you ask me
edit on 31-1-2013 by ThePeopleUnited because: Spacing

edit on 31-1-2013 by ThePeopleUnited because: Spacing.... AGAIN

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
oh, Chicago again..

wow the gun ban is really working out well there.

maybe all of the ban advocates should visit Chicago,
see how well they sleep at night while they are there

edit on 31-1-2013 by spaceg0at because: pffft

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes, giving everyone the means to continue a basic life can grow dependency, but so what? We're all dependent in a sense and being "dependent" on the "govt" is the same as being dependent on your village, city, friends, etc.

It is the start of slowly changing our society so that the misery can be eradicated, or at least lessened. The whole word "deserves" needs a rethink. As far as I'm concerned any person who happens to be born here deserves the same material support as anyone else.

What might happen if the miserable masses had time to educate themselves and think? Not all would use society's "gift" of shelter, medical care and food wisely, but again, so what?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleUnited

Thanks for sharing your first hand knowledge!! You will be interested in the following. (You most likely know this already)

Big Problem

It’s getting easier to get away with shooting people in Chicago.

Last year, gunmen who shot and wounded someone got away without criminal charges 94 percent of the time, according to a DNAinfo.com Chicago analysis of police data.

That’s even worse than 2011, when 91.5 percent of shooters escaped charges, according to the data.

Chicago’s top cop said the “no-snitch” code of silence on the street is the biggest contributor in his department’s struggle to charge shooters.

“The challenges we have to get charges in a significant number of cases is very difficult when witnesses and victims choose not to cooperate," Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said in an interview with DNAinfo.com Chicago.

"To make cases prosecutable we need cooperative witnesses — and those go out the window right up front. We have a victim today who is an offender tomorrow. It's a vicious circle. There are a lot of people who are not going to cooperate," he said. "That's why we have to take on the no-snitch issue."

In 2012, Chicago police cleared 211 aggravated battery with a firearm cases — 11 percent of the 1,893 incidents where someone was shot and wounded during the calendar year.

But of those cases, only 111 shootings — about 6 percent — resulted in charges. The other 100 cases were "cleared exceptionally,” which means police know who the shooter is but were unable to bring charges, the state’s attorney wouldn’t bring charges, a victim refused to testify after identifying a shooter or the offender was dead.

Read more: www.dnainfo.com...

The no snitching culture... In this most recent murder the witnesses fled the scene and will never talk. You know damn well they could ID the shooter in a heart beat...

Best of luck to you in your broken city. One of many broken cities in this country...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by jibeho

Yes, giving everyone the means to continue a basic life can grow dependency, but so what? We're all dependent in a sense and being "dependent" on the "govt" is the same as being dependent on your village, city, friends, etc.

It is the start of slowly changing our society so that the misery can be eradicated, or at least lessened. The whole word "deserves" needs a rethink. As far as I'm concerned any person who happens to be born here deserves the same material support as anyone else.

What might happen if the miserable masses had time to educate themselves and think? Not all would use society's "gift" of shelter, medical care and food wisely, but again, so what?

The welfare state simply creates and fosters misery. Ever seen a public housing complex first hand? Our country has been playing the dependency game since the Johnson years and where has that gotten these people. Sure a gifted and talented few are able to rise out of the depths but it is not the norm. The tools for success are already out there and readily available to those who take advantage of them. But there are not enough of them to make a dent in the circle of dependency. How much more can we possibly provide?? The takers will just take and expect more. It's proven and certainly sad. Just look at the gradual collapse of once great European countries who gave to much and could no longer afford to keep giving...

We need solid independent economic growth in the US in order to provide a multitude of opportunities for success....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Seems like the easy kneejerk reaction. On the surface it seems black or white like that, but it really isn't. When you live in a craphole poor urban environment, joining the gang on your block,,,,, How to put it, gives you a bit more security? Notice how most people join gangs really young, because at the time they have no way of taking care of themselves, and it seems a safer bet to join the pack. People not in the pack are targetted. Getting roughed up and robbed, joining the local pack, at least ensures you will not become victim to them.

Until the underlying issue, "ghettos" are resolved, gangs will always remain a huge problem. I can see how it must be for these growing up in those areas to a certain extent.

Being unaligned, going to a school made for the worst of the worst, if I wasn't tough as nails, and didn't give a crap if I lived or died, I would have been toast. I seen that school eat kids for breakfast. Showing intelligence there made you a target. This was high school, had I gone to this type of environment in say elementary, I would have probably joined up myself.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gargamel

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but my neighborhood is safe as hell, more guns than people. Most gangland urban places, well it's damn near impossible to be a legal gun owner.......

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Sounds like you don't know much at all about it...... Gangs originated in the US? No, lots of the gangs active in the US, originated elsewhere, and came to the US through immigration... The US has a few gangs originating there, but I know of plenty that came from other countries. Italy, cuba, lots of latin american countries, ireland etc etc.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by bacci0909

"but to say you'd never go to Chicago makes you sound like an old woman"

then i must be an old woman too because i wouldnt step ten feet near that #$%^hole

Yes, you do also sound like an old woman. To think that a city as big as Chicago is entirely a "#$%^hole", as you put it, or that these shootings reflect the city as a whole, is very ignorant. Like I said, the areas where these shootings are taking place are the same areas that have always been dangerous. I grew up never wandering in those areas, and I still would never wander in those areas. That said, 85% of the city limits is still incredibly enjoyable. But whatever

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thug/gang life culture is what needs to be dealt with.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Good luck dealing with it, before the persecution of the poor is dealt with. Thug life came about because of the persecution of the poor, and will not go away, more than likely get worse as time goes by. Thug life happened, because the poor were sick of being spit on by authorities, simply because they did not have the education to know their rights, or the money to hire a liar when those rights were violated.

Biker gangs got big for the same reason, from a different demographic. Police are a gang, but they are sanctioned by government bodies.

All forms of gangs come from feeling helpless as an individual, and feeling the need to join some group for safety. There are many gangs, and a majority are not officially classified as such.

edit on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:02:20 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by votan

Good luck dealing with it, before the persecution of the poor is dealt with. Thug life came about because of the persecution of the poor, and will not go away, more than likely get worse as time goes by. Thug life happened, because the poor were sick of being spit on by authorities, simply because they did not have the education to know their rights, or the money to hire a liar when those rights were violated.

Biker gangs got big for the same reason, from a different demographic. Police are a gang, but they are sanctioned by government bodies.

All forms of gangs come from feeling helpless as an individual, and feeling the need to join some group for safety. There are many gangs, and a majority are not officially classified as such.

edit on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:02:20 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

You are preaching to someone who grew up in a neighborhood plagued by this kind of lifestyle, heck the whole city was like that it was impossible to avoid till my parents moved out of the city.

It is actually a choice as many of the kids in my nieghborhood turned to it for no apparent reason. True there are some that you can argue have a reason but many do not. Many it is a choice. I was a kid who was left on the floor busted up because I was not part of a gang. I never really gave in to that type of life as my parents were not that way. So I just got tough till it would take more than one to mess with me and I became clever.

just to put it into perspective. My neighborhood used to get shot up regularly, I had gang members pull a gun out on me a number of times for no reason I understood, and Countless physical skirmishes where I would lose or win some.

It is not all about persecution of the poor. There are plenty of people who just choose that kind of life. I had friends who turned to that kind of life when they really didn't need to and there really was not reason for it.

That kind of lifestyle needs to be discouraged. You make it sound that by simply being poor you are a gang member. THat is utter garbage. That is not true and that is the type of thing that needs to be dealt with. simply because you are poor it does not mean you have to turn to that type of life.

It is a choice to some that kind of life is "easier" and that just makes them lazy.

I would buy everything you are saying if I had not seen it first hand. I understand the mentality, I undestand their plight. I also understand they have a choice. Either beat the system or rebel against it which then leads them to thug life and the culture of violence we see today.

oh and cops including feds, cia and such are people who wanted to be in criminal gangs but couldn't stomach going to jail

edit on 31-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by kaylaluv

Forced abortions? Now I really know where you are coming from. Are you the reincarnation of Margaret Sanger?

Oh, like you care so much about these gang members. You have no problem blasting them to bits with your AR-15 and high capacity magazine, though. You do know the average age of the violent gang member is 14-18 yrs old, right? Killing children is killing children -- you might as well do it before they have the chance to really suffer.

My post is not about caring or not caring for gang members. What good does forced abortions do for any of this? If you abort a child before you know what his potential is, there simply is no justification for it. Your suggestion for forcing abortions, was that for people in poverty? Why would you even consider making decisions based on such discrimination? And you promote gay rights wherever you can, but you don't see anything wrong with gays going into schools to brainwash children into accepting their lifestyle choices against the parental wishes.

I think you have a real problem with priorities and even common sense.
But that's just my opinion. Maybe others here would applaud your ideals.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join