It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-Year-Old Girl Who Performed At Obama Inauguration Shot Dead...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I was thinking for the Chicago gang problem, which the majority cause f all the shootings, that if you are arrested and convicted as a gang member, that you are kicked out of, and shipped out somewhere else out of the city and can never come back.

Forced bootcamp then military service as well, but you can never re-enter Chicago and if you do, you're arrested again.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Eh.. I don't think games are any more likely to cause violence than cowboys and indians. At the time it was all that was available and it was a violent game created out of childrens imaginations.

Now you put a kid on SSRI drugs and set them in front of a game for 10 hours a day with not human contact for a few years.. then maybe that will create a problem, but games as a whole? No.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

I was thinking for the Chicago gang problem, which the majority cause f all the shootings, that if you are arrested and convicted as a gang member, that you are kicked out of, and shipped out somewhere else out of the city and can never come back.

What actually happens when they are released is they get dumped right back in the city with all their gangster buddies and friends and family of 50 cousins and pick up right where they left off.

Now they're felons and couldnt get a job if they wanted to and they know the prisons so that doesnt scare them anymore so what are they going to do?

Rush right out to get a gun and a kilo from their buddies and live large until they're picked up again.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

What actually happens when they are released is they get dumped right back in the city with all their gangster buddies and friends and family of 50 cousins and pick up right where they left off.

Now they're felons and couldnt get a job if they wanted to and they know the prisons so that doesnt scare them anymore so what are they going to do?

Rush right out to get a gun and a kilo from their buddies and live large until they're picked up again.

Well that's what I'm saying. If your convicted, bootcamp, military service of 3 years, and never allowed back into the city.

I think if they did something like that, enough of these gangbangers get kicked out for life, that eventually it may be enough to actually make some of them think twice.

At least it would relieve the pressure of dumping them back into the same hood

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I`ll never understand why people choose to live there,sure there are a lot of poor people living there but they would be better off living in a tent in the woods somewhere rather than living there.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I`ll never understand why people choose to live there,sure there are a lot of poor people living there but they would be better off living in a tent in the woods somewhere rather than living there.

Government supplied housing for the poor, food stamps, and various other Gov't hand-outs. Mothers get preggers and the father's don't stick around, the single mothers have no other choice than to remain there.

Add to that a very low educational and intellectual level, and it's an ongoing cycle. It sucks cause they really don't have much else they can do. Very few ever make it out of the hood and move. Usually it takes a child getting murdered for man people to be motivated enough to move out.

If you came to the south side and talked to some of the folks there, you get an inside scoop of the mentality there. The people born and raised there have low self esteem, barely enough food to get by, o jobs, no one hiring, racism, cops are against you, and then the gang bangers offer a way out with flashy cars, money, a "street" family. It's hard to pass up such offers considering the psychology of a young man who never had a father figure, there seems to be some sort of compensation factor to make up for the father figure lacking

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Can't be, chicago is one of those big gun free zones, you can't bring guns in there.
This must be wrongly reported.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by jibeho

I would never go to Chicago.

Put it to you this way. I would first walk around with about 20lbs of gold chains on me, badly drunk, in a huge tourist Mexican hat and Hawaiian shirt in Tiajuana Mexico before "visiting" Chicago....

Everything I see from there seems awful.....just terrible...

edit on 30-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

I used to drive to seedy west side spots and was never shot at. We don't want you in our city anyway.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I have to agree with this. Too often people blame guns when the real issue is violence worship basically. Violence abounds in today's society. People do not let their children see sex on TV but have no qualms with letting them see violence.

Society needs to be fixed at the root, not a bandaid of more gun laws.

Raist

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hadiya Pendleton

ha-die-ya

Pendleton \p(e)-ndle-ton, pen(d)-leton\ as a boy's name is of Old English origin, and the meaning of Pendleton is "overhanging settlement".
www.thinkbabynames.com...

a long overdue settlement is on the way.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This is all about the culture of violence and the people who are hell bent on committing violent acts. This is about revenge, snitching, territory, lack of positive role models, lack of proper parenting, poor enforcement of existing laws.

do not forget the fake war on drugs.

"Freeway" Ricky Ross supplied coke to turn into crack from the cia contacts of the iran/contra affair..
that fed to blood/crip la turf wars which expanded into the east coast/west coast thing & spread gangs throughout the breadbasket of America.

"mena" in Arkansas. Barry seal & the boys. the Clinton connection. enough said.

anyway.

lets not forget that inner city poor do not have plans boats etc to get drugs here.

lets not forget these ghettos have been in America the entire time we have sent BILLIONS in foreign aid overseas

leaving these torn city's to continue their part in dividing & controlling the country.

its a shame to here about this girl getting gunned down..

and its even more shameful everyone thinks the government is not involved.

also, in a debt based fiat currency, such as what we have today, the interest currency is not created.

yes, thats right, foreclosure's & bankruptcy are built into the system. if everyone paid their debts, there would be no fake fiat empty money..

so the inner city drug war zones, a culture of violence & theft & death never will go away as long as these lies continue.

unfortunately a tragic event like this will be used as a political tool for gun control, when it clearly is the result of other issues..

edit on 30-1-2013 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Forced bootcamp then military service as well, but you can never re-enter Chicago and if you do, you're arrested again.

If they have killed someone within their gang violence.. execute them and charge the entire gang with mob action and whatever else will stick...aiding and abetting/being accessory/being accomplice/ etc the act. No more cushy sentences cause their mom didnt pet them enough as children. Release the potheads.. and incarcerate the violent gangs. In Illinois we have entire sections of city and entire towns basically held hostage to gangs.. and the problem is denied, excused, and covered up.. and used as an example of why we need MORE gun laws.. go figure. They have truly draconian gun laws.. which make the law abiding gun owners siting ducks or likely to be charged and incarcerated if they dare defend themselves against armed murderers.

No.. the not the military, we dont want them. No other city wants them, either. Too damn many PC excuses floating around IMO... specifically.. lets lynch the mentally ill , throw the words "gun nut" around constantly to marginalize people exercising their constitutional rights, and not go after the gangs who are responsible for most of our gun violence for a plethora of nifty PC whining points.

For those who want a gun free law driven utopia.. CHicago tells the true story. This is what happens when you just partially disarm just a CITY... I cant comprehend the mindset of those calling for disarming an entire country :
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Thats just stupid. People can kill with their hands. Maybe we should just do away with people? Thats about equivilant to what you said. You can also hammer a nail with a hammer. What else can you do with a gun? Oh yeah hit someone with it and knock them out. Or Hammer in a nail and shoot yourself in the process. Shakes head. I just cant believe what I read on here sometimes. People dont think through what they say before they say it.
People who get shot rarely die of lead poisoning.
edit on 30-1-2013 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just wanted to bring this thread back to what it should be. Rest in Peace Hadiya Pendleton. You were a shining star.

edit on 30-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2013 by Mamatus because: fixed picture

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree that these gangs are like terrorists-if the real true political will of the US government was to absolutely Stop the gangs,they could use the army,surely? Seeing the cops obviously is either unwilling or unable to? Instead of sending them to the "war on terror" on the other side of the world,the American army can tackle the GANGS- and their everyday little wars on American citizens right on American soil.May be cheaper too.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree that these gangs are like terrorists-if the real true political will of the US government was to absolutely Stop the gangs,they could use the army,surely? Seeing the cops obviously is either unwilling or unable to? Instead of sending them to the "war on terror" on the other side of the world,the American army can tackle the GANGS- and their everyday little wars on American citizens right on American soil.May be cheaper too.

Maybe the NDAA is a good thing after all... We could gather up all the gang members and detain them indefinitely without trial at Guantanamo. Any takers on that one?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

There is not enough room in Guantanamo..... Maybe we should buy Cuba in it's entirety.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Tragic loss for someone so young with obvious talent. But I wonder how many shootings that happen like this on a daily basis? If she had not played for Obama with her band, would we have heard about her at all? We must remember all victims from all shootings that happen on a daily basis- not just the ones we hear most about. Sad story.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Lets post even more single incidents about weapons in a conspiracy forum under the breaking ALTERNATIVE NEWS.

Once more it's normal everyday news.

not about guns you say? Why is it not about guns when the first thing you do is go on about it not being about guns. Why bring it here to tell us what it's not about.

9000 gun murders per year, so lets have the media pick the best ones each day...I don't see them doing that with the other 3.2 million deaths per year.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I just wanted to mention that her death was random. She wasn't shot because she performed at the inauguration.

How could you possibly know that for sure?

This has Psy-Op written all over it.

They'll use this one, bank on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join