It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Strikes Convoy On Syria-Lebanon Border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

Gotta star that, it sure seems that way to me as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

Namely, if the air-strike took place in Lebanon/Syria, why has/did Lebanon/Syria not retaliated/retaliate with military action. It was an unauthorized incursion into their airspace - such incidents are normally met, first with a warning and then military action. How were the Israelis able to freely fly over another country's airspace without any resistance or whatnot?

Forget about Lebanon attempting to thwart Israel using its airspace. It doesn't have the equipment to counter such incursions. Syria obviously has but think about how a well planned attack can catch defences on the hop?

Israeli 2003 bombing raid near Damascus in 2003

en.wikipedia.org...

2007 air raid deep inside Syria

en.wikipedia.org...

In regards to retaliation Assad stated during 2007 that he considered a retaliatory response to Operation Orchard. Realistically where would it get him? The Israelis would only strike harder against such a response and Assad knows it. The last thing that Assad wants, and especially at this time, is to get involved in a tit for tat conflict with Israel.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

Originally posted by buster2010
Nice to see Israel striving for peace as always. Lebanon should just start shooting the planes down as they cross over the border.

They have tried to fight off Israel many times. Lebanon is riding the edge
Of being labbled Terrorist nation which an attack on Israeli jets would guarantee.

There is no love for Israel anywhere in the middle east. If the US and Britain didnt back
Them we wouldnt be reading this thread.

Its a shame, they are a real hurdle in the way of peace all the while claiming
To be a peaceful democracy. There will be no middle ground with Israel. they
Will either destroy every other country in the ME or they will be destroyed themselves
They will never cooperate with anyone in the ME because they want to rule it all
..... For their own saftey of course. Israel doesnt care if millions die as long as they
Get everything they want with no compromise.

You are wrong. Israel does want peace. You think your freedom came without bloodshed? Go live in these countries for a while then tell me if Israel is truly just looking to kill everyone.

You must think the US is backing them for no reason.

It's simple, the Islamic extremists(who run countries) have been slaughtering people on the way to the Holy Land for a very very long time now. Islamic extremists that run countries keep their people in terrible conditions. We are accused of a holy war if we put serial numbers on M4's that reference bible passages. Meanwhile at camp blowyourselfupforvirgins....

Don't be so quick to knock Israel. Are they all good? No. Are they allies of our country and are they fighting for freedom and democracy? Yes. Does the MB have a problem with this? YES.

Is Israel going to prevail? I suggest reading what the Bible has to say about that. Until then, they deserve our support. You are not to judge, and you definitely don't want the MB in power ANYWHERE.

Peaceful Muslims agree.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
reply to post by buster2010

Not even Syria with their much more extensive air defences have achieved that in relation to Israeli aircraft in recent years. The Lebanese, in regards to fighter aircraft and anti-aircraft defences, are in no position to stop Israeli overflights.

edit on 30/1/2013 by tommyjo because: additional info added

Oh please. If you throw enough shots up in the air you will bring down something.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Im Canadian (I love saying that). My freedom DID come without bloodshed... Thank you very much.

Other than that i cant argue anything your saying cause its your opinion.

I dont agree though. If Israel wanted peace they would have had it by
Now. what they seem to want is territory at the expense of what used to
Be the nation of Palastine and control over the entire middle east at the
Expense of the US, Britain, and now Canada. What Israel has to offer
I have yet to discover. they are an enormous weight on mankind... In my opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
"research centre in charge of raising our level of resistance and self-defence."
I read that some kind of weapons research facility......really the language barrier aint that bad.....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Go live in these countries for a while then tell me if Israel is truly just looking to kill everyone.

Israel has made this fact ever since it was formed. They have wiped out around three hundred Palestinian villages so far.

You must think the US is backing them for no reason.

Politicians follow Israel for money and votes everyone knows that.

We are accused of a holy war if we put serial numbers on M4's that reference bible passages.

If you bring religion into it by putting it on a weapon what else can you call it? Imo it shows that religion loves death.

Don't be so quick to knock Israel. Are they all good? No. Are they allies of our country and are they fighting for freedom and democracy? Yes.

Maybe you should start researching Israels background and you would know they are no ally they are a burden on America.

Is Israel going to prevail? I suggest reading what the Bible has to say about that.

Oh my a book that the Jews wrote says something about them. I'm amazed.

Until then, they deserve our support.

They deserve nothing.

You are not to judge, and you definitely don't want the MB in power ANYWHERE.

Who has been doing the most killing? Israel is way ahead of the MB.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'd beg to differ. You should really only point to a small faction within Israel - i.e. politicians and whatnot. It's just like saying America is busy invading lots of countries, when it's really soldiers invading under the mandate of a small section of the American population - i.e. government. It's not as if the American populace agreed to invade Iraq, is it? It's not as if the American populace agreed to the sending of weapons and equipment to Libyan and Syrian "rebels", is it? And it's not as if the Israeli populace agreed to the bombings by Israeli fighter jets.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Nice to see Israel striving for peace as always. Lebanon should just start shooting the planes down as they cross over the border.

Rocks and sticks don't reach that high.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Oh please. If you throw enough shots up in the air you will bring down something.

It's been tried before. Doesn't really work too well.

Just ask Saddam.
edit on 30-1-2013 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

As easy as that is it?
You should set yourself up as an air defence analyst and sell your research to the worlds armed forces.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The Syrians make no reference to a convoy but purely a Scientific Research Centre.

Is the site bombed one of the other locations referenced in the International Atomic Energy Agency reports? The IAEA has requested access but has been denied.

The Agency regrets that Syria has not cooperated since June 2008 in connection with the unresolved issues related to the Dair Alzour site and the three other locations allegedly functionally related to it.

IAEA Report Syria

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Report are that this convoy was loaded with SA-7 ground-to-air missile batteries enroute to Hamas in Lebanon. That being the case and the fact that Hamas is an openly sworn enemy of Israel I can't say I fault the mission.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join