It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would US Military Fire Upon US Military? Is Perhaps A More Pertinent Question!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Well when they come to round me up for those FEMA camps, let's just hope you are in my neck of the woods!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by LennayTheUndead

Ok I worded it wrong for you. Follow the link, it was a random 5 second search no agenda here. www.historyonthenet.com...

The camps were guarded by military personnel

And before you go all willy nilly on me or we go any further I need to say a few more things. Yes WW2 is a passion of mine, I have watched, read numerous articles about it. I am the first to remind the people who bitch about the atomic bomb drop about the Battan death march, about the real story behind the bridge on the river Kwai. Not to mention the horrors our captured soldiers had to endure on failed bombing runs over mainland Japan. I am not trying to openly bash our service men and women, but like TA has said some things need to be addressed and said. Don't you stand there for one moment and tell me about not following unjust orders, because the vast majority of enlistees do that very thing upto and including today and thats the problem many of us have, thats the topic at hand here if I am correct. These things I have listed are the very things that do scare the average citizen late at night, because of our past mistakes. And I know I am not alone in my questioning, my father served 15yrs in the Air Force and even he has doubts when push comes to shove about people walking out on orders that would put our homeland in a bad spot.
As always Thank You for your service and I mean that.

Okay you're talking about WWII, where's the proof these exist and running now?

I was talking past performance. Not currently existing, God did you even read my post?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead

reply to post by Britguy

Star for you . . . Exactly why they would go against their own.

Lennay . . . with the digital vitriol between you and TA, if he was labled the subversive element trying to undermine this country . . . ? . . . Hmmm?

I would do nothing because he is wrong? And he's entitled to be wrong? Seems fairly simple to me...

The directive at that point wouldn't be to do nothing . . . if US soldiers were on soil and supressing citizens it would be marshall law or insurrection. He would be the enemy . . . the problem.

For the record . . . I wouldn't expect you, or anyone else, to say different. Nobody will say they will because everyone believes they are a moral person and don't always follow orders. It's normal to think that of yourself, as well as, normal to act in the exact opposite when in the position to carry out orders. It's science man . . . you can't fight it. LEO's demonstrate this principal at every public assembly or protest . . . they even come expecting it, in full gear. Just as our military would. Our government and your leaders know this full well . . . they sponsered most of the studies that prove it.

If you can't see the fallacy in attempting to make this argument, while not taking into consideration the hundreds of variables required for this to even happen....it's an argument you can never prove. I'm not saying it's not possible. But you are insinuating something as if it is factual, and you aren't accounting for (at all) hundreds of thousands of necessary details. Things that have to happen. Things that have to be said....it's just silly...The majority of our military is made up of reservists...if you really think the Army is some machine that will stand up against anybody the government tells us to, then you obviously don't pay much mind to this topic outside of what you already have preconceived as fact...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

We will start with the detention camps right here on our soil for one. 3.2.1. GO. Explain

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I'm with Lanny on this one, TA, do you have SOLID, 100% PROOF these alleged FEMA detention camps exist?
Don't give me a link to some conspiracy page that thinks some place is a FEMA camp, I want proof, guards, detainees, etc

Someone last year was on here going on and on about a FEMA (OMG OMG OMG) Camp in California....."oh no, FEMA trailers everywhere! Barbed wire fences! Guard towers! Armed uniformed soldiers!"....yeah....I spent a month in the very "FEMA camp" depicted in the pictures....NTC at Fort Irwin...a compound made to resemble a Forward Operating Base in a desert/mountain region....a training site. The only civilians there were the ones driving the gut trucks...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I could see peoples apprehension on the subject. Has it really been that long ago that we forgot about WWII and what happened to average citizens then, it wasn't that long ago. What happened to the military then? They followed orders just as they are still doing right now. I love em and fully support them but one always has to keep a cautious eye open when it comes to people following orders for a paycheck.

Maybe you'd like to enlighten me on what soldiers (in vast amounts) did wrong during World War II? And I'm sorry, I'm a veteran...and even I get sick of the "have we forgotten WW2!?!?!" shpeel....no, I haven't forgotten WWII. I know it played an incredibly large role in the history of not just our country, but the world. That being said, My dad was about 3 when it "ended"....so no. I didn't "forget" about WWII, as there is nothing for me to "forget"....
edit on 30-1-2013 by LennayTheUndead because: (no reason given)

We will start with the detention camps right here on our soil for one. 3.2.1. GO. Explain.

Yeah? Would you like to show me one of these "detention" camps? Seems as how the military is the pseudo "enemy" we would be able to validate, support and agree with this claim...correct?

Are we talking about WWII detention camps or the alleged FEMA camps?

FEMA camps. What do WWII detention camps have to do with the 98 percent of the military that had nothing to do with them?

What? So 98% had nothing to do with them so it's an ignorable defense now. Huh interesting. As I said it happened before and when I say that I mean no one in the active branches standing up saying no this should not be and refuse to enforce. It could easily happen again although it might take on a different situation. I am not referring to the supposed Fema camps for clarity, I am talking about the military for whatever reason being used on our mainland against citizens. Is it a for sure thing, I like to think not but the past doesn't give me a 100% mental frame of mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

I'm with Lanny on this one, TA, do you have SOLID, 100% PROOF these alleged FEMA detention camps exist?
Don't give me a link to some conspiracy page that thinks some place is a FEMA camp, I want proof, guards, detainees, etc

What many fail to realize is that these camps DO EXIST, as per our government plan for too many illegal immigrants from Mexico.. There are real legit documents from the Government on this.. Look into Rex 84 if you so please.

AGAIN....where's the real 100% solid proof? Got pics of one? Know someone that was allegedly detained in one?
Where is it located

Google REX 84.. Laziness is WEAK..

Rex 84 wiki
2nd Link

Rex 84, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, was a secretive "scenario and drill" developed by the United States federal government to suspend the United States Constitution, declare martial law, place military commanders in charge of state and local governments, and detain large numbers of American citizens who are deemed to be "national security threats", in the event that the President declares a "State of National Emergency". The plan states events causing such a declaration would be widespread U.S. opposition to a U.S. military invasion abroad, such as if the United States were to directly invade Central America.[1][2][3][4][5] To combat what the government perceived as "subversive activities", the plan also authorized the military to direct ordered movements of civilian populations at state and regional levels.[6]

Here read this PDF from FEMA and stop being so lazy...

It's like history is lost on some of you guys.

We've had detention camps since WWII and probably before that.. It's no conspiracy it's planning..

Why is it so hard to believe in a Nation that detains some 2 or 3 million people at the moment..

How could they possibly build more cages?? It's Impossible show me the proof...

READ the FEMA doc.

FEMA continuity of Government doc

Oliver North REX 84

I know it must hurt you in some way for you to be so sensitive with your walls up.. Reality is biting you in the face.. On a more time based notice I can get you the actual documents... In the meantime this isn't completely on subject..
edit on 1/30/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

What many fail to realize is that these camps DO EXIST, as per our government plan for too many illegal immigrants from Mexico.. There are real legit documents from the Government on this.. Look into Rex 84 if you so please.

A FEMA camp and and ICE facility are not the same thing....so no...they don't exist. Illegal immigrants are....get this...Illegal....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

reply to post by jaynkeel

We will start with the detention camps right here on our soil for one. 3.2.1. GO. Explain

Yes please include all of the discussion, it was in refrence to ww2 sorry for the misunderstanding.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by HomerinNC

WHERE in my OP are FEMA detention camps mentioned? Huh? WHERE?

Somewhere near the part where you took off your virtual gloves....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

It's not laziness, all you provide to support you're claim FEMA camps exist are some documents, nothing substantial. These documents provide a scenario, a what if thing. Still doesn't prove they exist.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Ok I worded it wrong for you. Follow the link, it was a random 5 second search no agenda here. www.historyonthenet.com...

The camps were guarded by military personnel

And before you go all willy nilly on me or we go any further I need to say a few more things. Yes WW2 is a passion of mine, I have watched, read numerous articles about it. I am the first to remind the people who bitch about the atomic bomb drop about the Battan death march, about the real story behind the bridge on the river Kwai. Not to mention the horrors our captured soldiers had to endure on failed bombing runs over mainland Japan. I am not trying to openly bash our service men and women, but like TA has said some things need to be addressed and said. Don't you stand there for one moment and tell me about not following unjust orders, because the vast majority of enlistees do that very thing upto and including today and thats the problem many of us have, thats the topic at hand here if I am correct. These things I have listed are the very things that do scare the average citizen late at night, because of our past mistakes. And I know I am not alone in my questioning, my father served 15yrs in the Air Force and even he has doubts when push comes to shove about people walking out on orders that would put our homeland in a bad spot.
As always Thank You for your service and I mean that.

But that is why you are wrong....the VAST number of enlistees don't do what you are implying...the VAST majority of military members follow "lawful" orders...and when I say "lawful" I mean reasonable...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

But it still happened and was wrong and nobody did anything about it is what I am saying. Whos to say it can't or wont happen again.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

It's not laziness, all you provide to support you're claim FEMA camps exist are some documents, nothing substantial. These documents provide a scenario, a what if thing. Still doesn't prove they exist.

No they were already in place.. they were run by FEMA and still are..

And get this, I'm not on the conspiracy side of it, I see the need..

Read and then come back. This wasn't a what if plan, the facilities were already in place. Still are in place, and always will be in place..

The FEMA camps are in relation to "Continuity of Government"

I gave you a link Directly from FEMA. I suggest you read it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Not all soldiers follow wrongful or illegal orders.
When I was in the army, I was assigned to a dining facility and we went into the field, one of our field ranged went on fire, and I put it out, with the intention of taking it apart to find out what happened. One of my sgts ordered me to relight it, I told him no, it's unsafe and still full of gas. Told me again to light it, again, I told him no, that's unlawful and unsafe order, someone's gonna get hurt. So he decided to write me up there and then for a reccmond action for and Article 15, failure to carry out a lawful order, then proceeded to light the range himself. Needless to say, it went on fire again, and messed up half our field kitchen. Guess who got the article 15 after the investigation?

Not all us lower enlisted pukes are gonna follow an unlawful order

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Again you fail to show me an actual FEMA detainee camp.
Try again.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Again you fail to show me an actual FEMA detainee camp.
Try again.

No you try again.. READ the FEMA document..
read executive Order 11000 where it states they will form "civilian work brigades"

You are lazy and want to look at pretty pictures.. These places exist to throw terrorists away in the case of Martial Law...

"No it's just a what if, and when we need continuity of government they will build the camps then in the middle of the crisis.."
yea right..

FEMA "Continuity of Government" PDF

It's not a conspiracy it's just a reality.. It's a needed thing just like we needed Japanese internment camps in WW2.. If WW3 happens they would probably need martial law to keep us in line.. If you want to see a FEMA camp so bad you can act up then...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

But it still happened and was wrong and nobody did anything about it is what I am saying. Whos to say it can't or wont happen again.

When you say nobody you are talking about a small sample of a huge military. Cite an example of something I PERSONALLY should have done something about in the 10 years I have thus far served in our Armed Forces....you can't the Army in general of "doing nothing" and expect that you are some how free of this charge...Hurricane Katrina? Wasn't there. Haditha? Wasn't there. Abu Gherab? Wasn't there. Gitmo? Wasn't there.....What was I SUPPOSED to do...when you say nobody, you say me, and every single person I've ever served with who had no more capacity to do anything about it than you did. Why? Because we aren't any different...I'm in the Army Reserve, I worked in Juvenile Corrections before deciding the good I was doing was overshadowed by the idiocy I had to put up with from people that thought it was funny to push kids to the point of "needing to be restrained", Now I am a service technician for a Cable Company, and I'm going to Police Academy in September. I'll maintain that I'm no different than a person flipping burgers, pumping gas, doing brain surgery, or writing novels.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Show me ONE ACTUAL CAMP THAT EXISTS

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Show me ONE ACTUAL CAMP THAT EXISTS

Read the document first. Show me one brain cell exists.

Japanese-American internment was the relocation and internment by the United States government in 1942 of about 110,000 Japanese Americans and Japanese who lived along the Pacific coast of the United States to camps called "War Relocation Camps," in the wake of Imperial Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor.[2][3] The internment of Japanese Americans was applied unequally throughout the United States. All who lived on the West Coast of the United States were interned, while in Hawaii, where the 150,000-plus Japanese Americans composed over one-third of the population, an estimated 1,200[4] to 1,800 were interned.[5] Of those interned, 62% were American citizens.[6][7]

But dang they could never do that again...

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join