It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would US Military Fire Upon US Military? Is Perhaps A More Pertinent Question!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Although rare, there has been at least one case I know of where US military were prepared to fire upon other US military: Hugh Thompson and the My Lai story-

This took place in Vietnam, when a bunch of soldiers lined up and killed in cold blood some civilians in a village- after they got word that the viet cong were using the village as a stronghold. And these were men, women, children, and even babies. I suggest you watch these videos, for the whole story.

But on to modern times, and the likes of Katrina, when the National Guard went house to house disarming civilians- clearly in direct violation of the 2nd amendment and the right to bear arms. Had the situation come up down there were a pocket of civilians resisted and were killed, I don't think there are any Hugh Thompson's left to stop them. Because if there were, they would not have allowed the disarmament in the first place, and would have arrested those responsible for the illegal orders to disarm the citizenry. No arrests were even made.

The military has a long way to go to convince me that they are NOT just mindless drones who will obey any order given. I just don't believe it. Not a single one of those National Guard stood up for the citizenry. Not ONE. So if the US military would fire upon their own in today's day and age to protect the citizenry, then I'd say you need to prove it. Cause so far, you ain't proved jack doo doo. The domestic enemies are running rampant, and indeed murdering civilians all over the world.

So STOP the damn talk, STOP the damned lies and posturing, and get up off your God damned asses and DO something.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

History repeating itself . . .

The Bonus Army War in Washington DC

Troopers set the abandoned camp ablaze as the former inhabitants retreated, demoralized and beaten, across the Third Street bridge. MacArthur called a halt to allow his troops to rest and eat while he considered his next move.

I have no doubt that they will fire on anyone that doesn't comply. It's happened already more than once. No general is going openly disobey the Pres, and so on down the line . . . they will the gold standard of "I was just following orders". Baaaa . . .

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

History repeating itself . . .

The Bonus Army War in Washington DC

Troopers set the abandoned camp ablaze as the former inhabitants retreated, demoralized and beaten, across the Third Street bridge. MacArthur called a halt to allow his troops to rest and eat while he considered his next move.

I have no doubt that they will fire on anyone that doesn't comply. It's happened already more than once. No general is going openly disobey the Pres, and so on down the line . . . they will the gold standard of "I was just following orders". Baaaa . . .

It's funny when those not associated with the military make these assertions....you could take ten seconds out of your obviously mundane life and discover for yourself that most soldiers are no different than you aside from their occupation...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LennayTheUndead

I could see peoples apprehension on the subject. Has it really been that long ago that we forgot about WWII and what happened to average citizens then, it wasn't that long ago. What happened to the military then? They followed orders just as they are still doing right now. I love em and fully support them but one always has to keep a cautious eye open when it comes to people following orders for a paycheck.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

We are not as mindless as you think we are.

Check out this link:
Oathkeepers

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

I could see peoples apprehension on the subject. Has it really been that long ago that we forgot about WWII and what happened to average citizens then, it wasn't that long ago. What happened to the military then? They followed orders just as they are still doing right now. I love em and fully support them but one always has to keep a cautious eye open when it comes to people following orders for a paycheck.

Maybe you'd like to enlighten me on what soldiers (in vast amounts) did wrong during World War II? And I'm sorry, I'm a veteran...and even I get sick of the "have we forgotten WW2!?!?!" shpeel....no, I haven't forgotten WWII. I know it played an incredibly large role in the history of not just our country, but the world. That being said, My dad was about 3 when it "ended"....so no. I didn't "forget" about WWII, as there is nothing for me to "forget"....
edit on 30-1-2013 by LennayTheUndead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Having been in the Army, and still considering myself part of the American defense force, even though I have no weapons and no status, I have to say no... Not at first..

You're Brothers..

Until the war or whatever it is get's too ugly and moral strings start being pulled, it won't happen.. At that point though, it's a different unpredictable ball game.. How many kids can the guy next to you kill before he looks like more of a monster than the guys shooting at you?

When you are wearing the same uniform it's easy to pick sides..

But.. There comes a time when you socially Identify with the public that you are supposed to not be hurting, rather than another member who throws up the right gang signs.

Firing on your own is a one way street. Can't go back from that, so if the situation dictates, yes, but not before.

For instance if I was a Nazi, but then saw the Nazi death camps I would have committed suicide by opening fire on any and all guards at the entrance, and any COs I could find until someone mowed me down.. I would rather die than support something like that, and I am half German.
edit on 1/30/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I know all about oathkeepers. And if they had any real balls, they'd go arrest all those responsible for the disarming in Katrina. But they don't. They just sit back and do nothing, like all the other sheeple. While in the meantime, the federal government, even after knowing KILLING its own military during the gulf war with depleted uranium and biotoxins, still gets away with murder.

I am SICK of honoring the troops. I am SICK of the supposed "do gooder" oathkeepers. And I am SICK of the excuses. BS!

I don't expect this to be a palatable topic, for any involved. But I am SICK of keeping the gloves on. They're coming off.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by NavyDoc

I don't expect this to be a palatable topic, for any involved. But I am SICK of keeping the gloves on. They're coming off.

The pixel digital online word gloves are coming off???

Whoa the evil guys in charge better watch out.

That's a funny thing to say after going on a tyrade against people who do more than talk on forums..

Save us mighty leader.. You are the "trueAmerican"

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Oh man, taking the gloves off...Fun fact, if I was in the situation where you were present at a protest, or you were present at a riot, or you were present here or there or anywhere...guess what? I, along with I'm sure the majority of other soldiers, wouldn't "shoot" you because I was told to. I WOULD shoot you if I felt I was justified in doing so. Which is how MOST soldiers operate...orders don't mean diddly if you know your orders are bull#. I've witnessed it and I'm sure every other veteran here has witnessed it. I disobeyed stupid orders all of the time on BOTH of my deployments. Guess how much corrective action I've dealt with after investigations were conducted? (In some cases, an investigation consisted of someone much higher ranking than the idiot giving the stupid orders asking me "what happened", me telling them, and said idiot being demoted). Guess how many times I've been decorated for making my OWN decisions when there was NO direction. Guess how many times I've been handed a corrective action for a decision I made with the lack of orders? I'm not a soldier because I want your respect. I'm a soldier because I want to protect your right to be disrespectful to soldiers. Again...most soldiers (and by most, I really mean MOST) are normal people, with normal hobbies, with normal families, who signed up for the military for any various number of normal reasons...We know whose side we are on and we can distinguish right from wrong, believe it or not...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead

Maybe you'd like to enlighten me on what soldiers (in vast amounts) did wrong during World War II? And I'm sorry, I'm a veteran...and even I get sick of the "have we forgotten WW2!?!?!" shpeel....no, I haven't forgotten WWII. I know it played an incredibly large role in the history of not just our country, but the world. That being said, My dad was about 3 when it "ended"....so no. I didn't "forget" about WWII, as there is nothing for me to "forget"....

We will start with the detention camps right here on our soil for one. 3.2.1. GO. Explain.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

reply to post by NavyDoc

The pixel digital online word gloves are coming off???

Whoa the evil guys in charge better watch out.

That's a funny thing to say after going on a tyrade against people who do more than talk on forums..

Save us mighty leader.. You are the "trueAmerican"

*slow clap*....perfect.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

We will start with the detention camps right here on our soil for one. 3.2.1. GO. Explain.

Yeah? Would you like to show me one of these "detention" camps? Seems as how the military is the pseudo "enemy" we would be able to validate, support and agree with this claim...correct?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Don't give me MORE BS simply to justify your inaction. It's despicable. Face it. But you won't.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I have plenty experience with the military. I come from a military family and members serve to this day, for two different countries.

It's not about who makes up the military. I know 99.9% of them are honorable people and if asked wouldn't even consider it. However, human psychology and history show us otherwise. We will do what we are told almost 100% of the time, as long as that order comes from a person in authority. Milgram and the Stanford Prison experiment, as well, as others show us that. Even if we have a moral conflict with it. It makes it even easier to go along with orders when an outgroup is created, say subversives, domestic terrorists, traitors to the gov, rabble rousers and looters during a economic crisis, or whatever else the government labels non-compliant dissenters.

History shows this to be absolutely true, as well. Two examples in this thread and if you want to expand it to the world, I can show you some real horror stories.

Now, this would not be an absolute. Some service men/women would not comply, but they will just find themselves on the other end of the barrel. I guess the hope would be, if it even ever came to that point, that you are more right than I believe I am. I thank you for your service, but I don't share your faith in the level of disent.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I don't think it matters one bit whether it's military or civilian. If the government, it's agencies and the corporate press have done their job to demonize the opposition enough, then those enforcing the government line will feel justified in their actions, and that they are "serving their country".

Look at the police brutality towards the occupy protestors and the hatchet job the press were doing. The protestors were all made out to be hippy left wing communist liberal enemies of the state, when in fact many were from a broad cross-section of the population. Propaganda working!

Now, lets take a little scenario.
The peasants protest and the military is brought in to keep order. The troops are all in line stopping the hippy left wing communist liberal enemies of the state from advancing, when all of a sudden, shots ring out from the direction of the protestors, or a couple of troops drop from sniper fire. They will open fire and probably kill plenty before there is a chance for anyone to scream "cease fire".
We all know that the government and it's police and alphabet agencies have infiltrated protests and protest groups many times before, and used those infiltrators to incite or carry out acts of violence to give the police the excuse to go in hard, so we should know that the above scenario is not outside the realms of possibility.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Don't give me MORE BS simply to justify your inaction. It's despicable. Face it. But you won't.

What "inaction" do you speak of? Your accusation is despicable. Tough guy.

My "inaction" saved lives....but you already knew that since you apparently know me so well...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

My "inaction" is despicable? This same (stupid) question could be turned into "Would civilians turn their guns on other civilians?" and the answer, as we all know to be true, is yes. Your inaction is despicable, you despicable civilian you...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Yeah? Would you like to show me one of these "detention" camps? Seems as how the military is the pseudo "enemy" we would be able to validate, support and agree with this claim...correct?

Are we talking about WWII detention camps or the alleged FEMA camps?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Resorting to calling me names now cause you can't even face yourself in the mirror.

Sad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join