It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon UFO Footage Captured by Astronaut Edgar Mitchell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Edgar Mitchell was the Lunar Module pilot for Apollo 14 mission. This is the authentic UFO footage captured by Edgar Mitchell himself on board the Lunar Module while orbiting the Moon. 16mm DAC Magazine AA.

Maybe this is why he seems more open to UFO topics compared to other astronauts. From the footage, the object is calculated to be well over 500 meters in length (by comparing to known crater sizes nearby) and speed can be estimated from the fact 2km long craters being crossed in fraction of a second during ground-level travel. Who knows what it can do in the air. It seems to shift shape after going airborne, becoming fluid teardrop like.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Where is the UFO? Are you talking about the speck on the window?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Erm can you point out exactly what time you can see the UFO I can't see diddly squat
2nd

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I dunno, I can't see anything there.

Can someone point out where the ufo is?

I know I'm blind but I can't be this blind .. I hope Oo

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

That's what I first thought surely not that little white dot travelling the same speed at the lunar orbiting module

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Spec on the glass?
Silly rabbit. That's not aliens.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think what you're seeing as a UFO, is actually a laser altimeter.

2nd

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
If you watch it in fullscreen, it becomes a slightly less ridiculous claim. The first several seconds it appears, it's not moving exactly with the lunar module, so I don't think it's a spec on the glass...at least not a stationary spec. Also, it looks to be casting a shadow on the terrain in some parts of the video. Could be an illusion...I don't know.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by goochball

Hmm after studying it close you maybe right, the object doesn't seem to move with the module at the start. I'm no expert and I'm watching this on my iPhone though so quality isn't great

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Its quite possibly the Lunar Lander either descending to the surface or returning to dock with the LM.

I find it interesting that they cut the clip only a few seconds after they enter lunar shadow. If the lander was at any height it would still be illuminated by the sun but would, as it continued in its orbit, shortly enter the shadow - just after this clip is cut. Hmmmm.......!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yeah it might be a little hard to see on a mobile. It was the best I could do as the source video is 40 years old and over saturated.

Some clarifications..
I thought about lens artifact during my own analysis but
The object casts its own shadow in the first half of video while travelling close to the surface.
The object becomes larger as it goes airborne, and it seems to move or rotate during flight.

As for the object being lunar lander, that doesn't work because the footage was captured from the lunar lander aka lunar module.

Thanks viewing the vid and comments always welcome.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

My mistake, I meant Command Module.

I did, however just have a quick look at Mitchell's entry on Wiki and it states that in May, 1996, in a 3-hour interview with Art Bell on the Coast to Coast radio program he stated that "there were no anomalies seen on Apollo 14 suggesting extra-terrestrial life." This would suggest to me that whatever is shown in that video Mitchell knew it wasn't a UFO.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PINGi14

Maybe this is why he seems more open to UFO topics compared to other astronauts. From the footage, the object is calculated to be well over 500 meters in length (by comparing to known crater sizes nearby) and speed can be estimated from the fact 2km long craters being crossed in fraction of a second during ground-level travel. Who knows what it can do in the air. It seems to shift shape after going airborne, becoming fluid teardrop like.

Lets look at the flaw with the estimates they don't have a size for the white dot they don't know its distance from the craters so they can't work out anything use some common sense

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
To me it looks like a piece of white dirt on the lens or window. It is moving at the exact rate as the camera against the moon. It could be a light reflection in the window also. This video can't be used as evidence of ET because logic can show it wrong.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It's a speck on the lens or window being called a UFO.

It appears brighter as the background becomes darker, perhaps giving the appearance of becoming bigger.

Dock the overall case for UFOs 1 point.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Well whatever it is it seems to come in from the top of the frame at one o clock, and the spped of the command module is faster than the object. The object seems to speed up just as the module slows down.
Then the object appears to raise its trajectory from the surface until we start to go dark.
As darkness approaches the object is still luminous.

As the module was in a straight line of flight, the object moves around a fair bit.

Still too little detail to determine what this is, but a similar craft was caught across the moon before, if I can find the link I will post it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Anyone have a screen shot of this spec on the window? I can't watch youtube at work.....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I doubt it's a speck on the window. It's casting a shadow on the moon. And, like one poster said, it's not quite moving with the module.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by PINGi14

Anyone have a screen shot of this spec on the window? I can't watch youtube at work.....

Here's a screenshot I took

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Necro69uk
reply to post by PINGi14

Well whatever it is it seems to come in from the top of the frame at one o clock, and the spped of the command module is faster than the object. The object seems to speed up just as the module slows down.
Then the object appears to raise its trajectory from the surface until we start to go dark.
As darkness approaches the object is still luminous.

As the module was in a straight line of flight, the object moves around a fair bit.

Still too little detail to determine what this is, but a similar craft was caught across the moon before, if I can find the link I will post it.

That's pretty much a bang on description of what is happening in the video. +1 for the summary. If I could add a minor thing, the object seems to be speeding up and pulling away from the LM near the end after gaining the said altitude. In any case, the clincher was pointed out by Necro69.

An inanimate object such as a speck, fluff, piece of metal from Apollo LM, block of frozen astronaut piss, etc would move predictably on the Moon as they would on Earth. Straightforward Newtonian physics from high school, just weaker gravity on the Moon.

Long story short, consider this before making yourself look ignorant by calling the object in vid a fluff or speck. Assuming a fluff or speck was traveling along lunar surface casting a shadow as this object was. Does it make sense that this fluff or speck would suddenly take off into the air against the force of gravity?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join