It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel hits target in Syria border area

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

The report on RT is a bit more in depth about the real target struck by Israeli jets. Talk of convoys is a distraction apparently...

Earlier there were reports in the media of an attack by Israeli jets on Wednesday morning striking a target on the Syrian-Lebanese border amid repeated violations of Lebanese airspace. A US government official has confirmed reports that Israeli warplanes targeted a convoy headed from Syria to Lebanon, the Associated Press says.
The Syrian military however has denied this, saying there was no Israeli strike on a convoy of trucks on its border.
However, it was “possible” that the convoy was near the large military site when it came under attack, diplomatic sources told Reuters.
Although it has not yet been confirmed whether an airstrike indeed targeted a military site near Damascus, experts believe that after months of constant rebel attacks on Syrian air defense systems an airstrike would make sense.
“It finally makes sense because the rebels or as they like to call themselves the revolutionaries, they have been attacking air defense bases near Damascus for the past seven months,” Dr Ali Mohamad, editor in chief of the Syria Tribune news website told RT. “They’ve managed to attack the S-200 base and over four SM-2 and SM-3 bases. Now this followed by an airstrike from Israel. So it all adds up, it makes sense. It only shows that Israel has a great interest in the instability in Syria and that it is being helped by groups of armed rebels in Syria.”

RT link

Israel helping the "rebels" destroy sam sites and weapons inside Syrian borders.

Careful now...

I am amazed this thread is a dud. This is very informational in regards to why the rebels are attacking Syrian air defenses on border with Israel and that Israel jetys are helping to do that? Doesn't that ring anyone else's bell?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWetCoast
I think I'm going to lose a lot of sleep tonight.An Israeli airstrike in Syrian territory constitutes an act of war.If Syria launches a counterattack things will get ugly really fast.This makes my stomach churn.

You don't follow Israel's actions much, do you? They do things like this often. The Israeli powers won't lose any sleep over it, and neither should you.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
First of all "a western diplomat"? How vague of a source is that, that's anyone west of India...And secondly, Israel flies jets over Lebanese airspace quite regularly, and most of the times without asking permission. Like Lebanon could do anything about it anyway, I hardly call this anything new for Israel's military movements.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I am amazed this thread is a dud. This is very informational in regards to why the rebels are attacking Syrian air defenses on border with Israel and that Israel jetys are helping to do that? Doesn't that ring anyone else's bell?

SA & IDF have been on the same side for a while.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingFox

They may have the same objectives but they are surely not on the same side. In fact the more the IDF can't restrain themselves the more they risk dividing the focus of the whole project they have been pushing. They got the Arabs killing each other. And once in a while in a huff they "help" them achieve a goal.

In the first gulf war Israel stayed out of the fighting even when Scuds rained down from Iraq. If they had joined in to any appreciable degree it may have united other countries against them (and the US). Israel stayed quiet (militarily) and the rest of the Muslim world sat idly by while America filleted Iraq.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Syria isnt going to do anything just like they didnt do anything in 2007 when Israel bombed their nuclear reactor. Syria cannot even defeat the rebels in their own country does anyone thinkg they want a fight with Israel?

Well if you DO think Syria wants to fight Israel it appears they are missing a golden opportunity to hit back after being attacked but they arent doing anything as usual and Irani is STFU as well.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I try to keep a close eye on any/all world events.The first reports of this airstrike where posted around 4am for my timezone and I decided to stay awake so I could follow the situation(the result was a lack of sleep). I expect to hear about more of these strikes in the weeks and months ahead.The middle east is a powder-keg;one that I hope never goes off(although I expect that it will at some point in time).

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Syria isnt going to do anything just like they didnt do anything in 2007 when Israel bombed their nuclear reactor. Syria cannot even defeat the rebels in their own country does anyone thinkg they want a fight with Israel?

Well if you DO think Syria wants to fight Israel it appears they are missing a golden opportunity to hit back after being attacked but they arent doing anything as usual and Irani is STFU as well.

What, do you expect them to go toe to toe militarily ?

No, I think we'll see things like bus bombs in Israel and the like.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
A biological weapons facility was also hit.

LINK

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The Syrians have released video showing damaged building and destroyed vehicles.

Video Link

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Israel may very well do this again since the UN seems to be accepting it with much ado.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join